• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Blue Moon at Midnight

Started by RoseGirl, October 18, 2015, 02:15:34 PM

eagle

Quote from: WOTR on October 19, 2015, 12:42:01 AM
I don't think that Rose plans on competing and attracting tens of thousands to her "club 19.5"  I think (though I may be mistaken) that it is just fun for gabbers looking for a place to hang out. 

You are right WOTR just a fun place to hang out. I am sure Rosie does not plan on competing with any one.

pate

I was on horrible pain killers, but still n'joyd Rose shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blrHHRWKygw

wr250

Quote from: nbirnes on October 19, 2015, 01:00:16 AM
And that, if I may reminisce a little, is where all the trouble started. Something or someone went foul regarding the chat, which had had a great momentum and energy all during the blitz. Then, suddenly, a troll attack the likes of which I'd never seen before. I still have some text saves of the worst of it, but I don't have the stomach to read it, even if there might be clues as to who would want to wreck that chat so badly.

Then, Lasha abruptly quit and the rest is history.
and thus the need for a moderator, as i cannot be there to do it.

eagle

Quote from: wr250 on October 19, 2015, 08:36:55 AM
and thus the need for a moderator, as i cannot be there to do it.

I can do it wr250

TigerLily

Looking forward to it.  Are people going to be in chat room or here? My vote is here. Will have more the feel of just continuing where we left off imo chat rooms can get a little chaotic but I will go with the flow

Ciardelo

Quote from: TigerLily on October 19, 2015, 12:22:25 PM
Looking forward to it.  Are people going to be in chat room or here? My vote is here. Will have more the feel of just continuing where we left off imo chat rooms can get a little chaotic but I will go with the flow
I'm new here on bellgab but not new to long-form talk radio and I find the chat rooms to be distracting.

I don't know how your chats run but if they're busy I'll start reading some sort of discourse in chat and lose track of the show I'm supposed to be listening to. I'm a huge fan of the noagenda show but I usually stay out of the live chat because I can't read and listen at the same time. If there is a chat I'm going to try to be there just to check it out but my newbie vote is commenting in the forum please.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Ciardelo on October 19, 2015, 12:54:10 PM
I'm new here on bellgab but not new to long-form talk radio and I find the chat rooms to be distracting.

I don't know how your chats run but if they're busy I'll start reading some sort of discourse in chat and lose track of the show I'm supposed to be listening to. I'm a huge fan of the noagenda show but I usually stay out of the live chat because I can't read and listen at the same time. If there is a chat I'm going to try to be there just to check it out but my newbie vote is commenting in the forum please.

Hi Ciardelo....yep, the chat can be distracting, can't it? For tonight, we will be using both the irc chat room AND this forum...and see how that goes. I am open to whatever the folks want....so, will adjust as time goes on. Thanks for letting me know your preferences.

By the way, I checked out that 'Bandcamp' site you mentioned. Pretty cool. Do they have a free music section? Couldn't find one.

RoseGirl

Quote from: TigerLily on October 19, 2015, 12:22:25 PM

Very good point, Tiger Seestar! I feel much more comfortable in the forum too....but we can try out both for a while and see which sticks.

Ciardelo

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 19, 2015, 02:00:45 PM
Hi Ciardelo....yep, the chat can be distracting, can't it? For tonight, we will be using both the irc chat room AND this forum...and see how that goes. I am open to whatever the folks want....so, will adjust as time goes on. Thanks for letting me know your preferences.

By the way, I checked out that 'Bandcamp' site you mentioned. Pretty cool. Do they have a free music section? Couldn't find one.
All are certainly free to listen to on the site there I believe.. I suppose you probably need free downloadable music huh. 

At the risk of distracting you on your big debut day I often listen to Ryno the Bearded's stream for background and sometimes not so background music. All of his music choices are released on a cc-by license. So it's free to use and download. You can follow the links or do searches on the tracks which will lead to a wide circle of cc-by license sites which leads to even more music. It quickly turns into a little of a rabbit warren.

Ryno kind of specializes in new releases but there are scads of great music out there. http://rynothebearded.com/

I have been using my torsion field powers to make this show amazing.

I'll be posting in the thread as I am not as funny in chats.

TigerLily

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 19, 2015, 03:40:19 PM
I have been using my torsion field powers to make this show amazing.

I'll be posting in the thread as I am not as funny in chats.
I'm with you on the thread Sister girlfriend. What's up with Shay not starting for "a few weeks"? You might have to torque up your torsion field powers on him

TigerLily

Quote from: Ciardelo on October 19, 2015, 12:54:10 PM

.. If there is a chat I'm going to try to be there just to check it out but my newbie vote is commenting in the forum please.
Hi Ciardelo. I hope you join in and chat with us on the thread.  You seem like a cool dude.  As the veteran Gabbers say: Welcome and Post Often

BellBoy

Quote from: TigerLily on October 19, 2015, 03:59:11 PM
I'm with you on the thread Sister girlfriend. What's up with Shay not starting for "a few weeks"? You might have to torque up your torsion field powers on him

You see now, there's the rub. You girls "torque up your torsion field powers", yet still expect us, mere mortal, males to last more than a measley 19.5 seconds.

Quote from: TigerLily on October 19, 2015, 03:59:11 PM

Shay is just going for the dramatic late entrance. I'll spare him my torsion powers, as I am just excited I actually got him a gig! He's trying to build up hype for himself. He's such primadonna. :P Hopefully his ego doesn't grow out of control to the point I have to use my torsion field powers against him! 

trostol

i wish you all well with this endeavor and hope ya enjoy

Quote from: trostol on October 19, 2015, 04:43:16 PM
i wish you all well with this endeavor and hope ya enjoy

Join us or I'll torture you with Rick Steves fanfiction.

trostol

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 19, 2015, 04:45:44 PM
Join us or I'll torture you with Rick Steves fanfiction.

go right ahead  :P

Quote from: trostol on October 19, 2015, 04:47:24 PM
go right ahead  :P

You saw what I did to Hoaxland because he didn't wish me a Happy Birthday on air! :P

trostol

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 19, 2015, 04:51:41 PM
You saw what I did to Hoaxland because he didn't wish me a Happy Birthday on air! :P

Don't try to frighten me with your sorcerer's ways...

wr250

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 19, 2015, 04:45:44 PM
Join us or I'll torture you with endless dave noorie coast 2 coast shows.
fixed

RoseGirl

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 19, 2015, 04:51:41 PM

oh dear. How unsightly an oversight. Please enjoy my very special birthday wishes to you.

And here's a birthday song to warm the festivities.

GravitySucks

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 19, 2015, 02:00:45 PM

Can't we add a Facebook and Twitter feed while we are snap chatting and instagraming?

Come on girl, get with the new social media. We want it all. Now.