• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 05, 2017, 06:14:51 AM
HATER!  :P
I actually think she could have a much better show if she catered to her audience a little more. I was somewhat entertained until I could only hear one side of the interview. And the ten minute intro is just not something I am willing to listen to. But listening to her and that UFO guy could have produced some real fun gems. But alas she has taken all of her website down and purged if of all of us evil bellgabbers.

I mean look at how many people gave it a try?

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 05, 2017, 06:18:50 AM
I actually think she could have a much better show if she catered to her audience a little more. I was somewhat entertained until I could only hear one side of the interview. And the ten minute intro is just not something I am willing to listen to. But listening to her and that UFO guy could have produced some real fun gems. But alas she has taken all of her website down and purged if of all of us evil bellgabbers.

I mean look at how many people gave it a try?

I heard rumors that even MV gave it a try.

I guess she uses similar logic to George Senda, and even Heather Wade seems to use the "George Senda" logic.

What ever happened to "All publicity is good publicity?"  All listeners are potential paying subscribers.  I was wondering if this is all a consequence of the new "Snowflake" mentality.  ...the everybody must tell me I am wonderful thingy dingy?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 05, 2017, 06:32:32 AM
I heard rumors that even MV gave it a try.

I guess she uses similar logic to George Senda, and even Heather Wade seems to use the "George Senda" logic.

What ever happened to "All publicity is good publicity?"  All listeners are potential paying subscribers.  I was wondering if this is all a consequence of the new "Snowflake" mentality.  ...the everybody must tell me I am wonderful thingy dingy?
Almost everyone who does anything public (radio, writing, acting, etc) gets people who hate what they do. As a very wise person once told me if you get no feedback it means no one cares. If you have people hating you it means they are still listening. Look at Rush? People who hate him listen and probably make up a good amount of his audience.
And I think it is a product of social media, and safe spaces and everyone has to feel like they are special and good. Guess what, they aren't. LOL. George Carlin does a great bit on this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFN3CtcYs0Q

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 05, 2017, 06:54:49 AM
Almost everyone who does anything public (radio, writing, acting, etc) gets people who hate what they do. As a very wise person once told me if you get no feedback it means no one cares. If you have people hating you it means they are still listening. Look at Rush? People who hate him listen and probably make up a good amount of his audience.
And I think it is a product of social media, and safe spaces and everyone has to feel like they are special and good. Guess what, they aren't. LOL. George Carlin does a great bit on this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFN3CtcYs0Q

It's too bad the "loosers" can't see the "win/win" that is the bellgab listening audience. I wonder how often, we provide a strong fan base for those who would otherwise have no listening audience at all, simply because we enjoy a good trainwreck?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 05, 2017, 07:00:17 AM
It's too bad the "loosers" can't see the "win/win" that is the bellgab listening audience. I wonder how often, we provide a strong fan base for those who would otherwise have no listening audience at all, simply because we enjoy a good trainwreck?
Often I bet. LOL

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 05, 2017, 06:12:33 AM
...And what kind of show doesn't want feedback from the audience on how to make it better?
Well, certainly not this guy. ;)  :)

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on May 05, 2017, 07:26:44 AM

I wonder if he will ever come clean with Senda, and tell him honestly, that he has no future in broadcasting, and never did?  And that the only future in broadcasting that George Senda has, is at bellgab.com.

Honestly, C2C lost me once the CoastRider Forum was shut down.

There again, there's that Senda mentality.  If I don't like it, I'll just delete it all.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on May 05, 2017, 07:51:50 AM
I wonder if he will ever come clean with Senda, and tell him honestly, that he has no future in broadcasting, and never did?  And that the only future in broadcasting that George Senda has, is at bellgab.com.

Honestly, C2C lost me once the CoastRider Forum was shut down.
What happened to Senda with Jorch?  I know Falkie was doing some lame commentary routine for Jorch as "The Guy from Pittsburgh," then it came to an abrupt end with Jorch not saying anything?  Did Falkie then come back again to C2C and go away again?  Does Jorch still mention Falkie at all?  I lost track of that particular soap opera, Brig.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on May 05, 2017, 07:57:16 AM
What happened to Senda with Jorch?  I know Falkie was doing some lame commentary routine for Jorch as "The Guy from Pittsburgh," then it came to an abrupt end with Jorch not saying anything?  Did Falkie then come back again to C2C and go away again?  Does Jorch still mention Falkie at all?  I lost track of that particular soap opera, Brig.

George didn't quit, he was fired IMO.  :-\

It was some excuse like that Tommee can't open the youtube video files George is sending him...

YOU know.

I hear George is being the real gentleman tho, and still calls into C2C to talk to Snoory.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on May 05, 2017, 07:58:27 AM

It was some excuse like that Tommee can't open the youtube video files George is sending him...

YOU know.

I hear George is being the real gentleman tho, and still calls into C2C to talk to Snoory.
Thanks for the info.  "It was some excuse like that Tommee can't open the youtube video files George is sending him..."  Ha!  Just what I'd expect.  "We lost the caller.  He dropped off."  Yeah, right, Jorch.  ::)

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on May 05, 2017, 08:08:00 AM
Thanks for the info.  "It was some excuse like that Tommee can't open the youtube video files George is sending him..."  Ha!  Just what I'd expect.  "We lost the caller.  He dropped off."  Yeah, right, Jorch.  ::)

Exactly.  Same MO.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 05, 2017, 07:07:17 AM
Often I bet. LOL

In the old days, we used to call it "cutting off your nose, to spite your face".

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 05, 2017, 06:18:50 AM
I actually think she could have a much better show if she catered to her audience a little more...

People are who they are. 

Lilith

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 05, 2017, 09:16:39 AM
People are who they are.

Yeah, some people would rather have no audience at all, than have an audience to cater too.

So many these days seem to want their audience to cater to them, instead of them catering to their audience.

George didn't quit, he was fired IMO...

Now Grib, you know Falkie said he was not an employee and thus couldn't be fired.  He was quite clear, and irritated he had to explain that to people.

Lilith

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 05, 2017, 09:21:07 AM
Now Grib, you know Falkie said he was not an employee and thus couldn't be fired.  He was quite clear, and irritated he had to explain that to people.

Mea Culpa.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on May 05, 2017, 07:26:44 AM

I just flashed back to those days when he was posting here, and well-meaning do-gooders tried to help him save the show with constructive suggestions.  He briefly talked like he was interested in changing things, then doubled-down on his suckage comfort zone, and it's been that way since.  As George might say ... a leopard can't change his stripes.

zeebo

Quote from: brig on May 05, 2017, 07:51:50 AM
I wonder if he will ever come clean with Senda, and tell him honestly, that he has no future in broadcasting, and never did?  ...

I don't know if this was mentioned since I'm too weak-stomached for the falkie thread, but fyi he called into c2c during the earthquake show 4/24.  Noory, when he heard "Martinez" said "Oh this must be the guy from Pittsburgh", but that was the extent of it.

Was it Art that hung up on him when he said Martinez, because he thought he'd given his last name?

starrmtn001

Because Art is a Cat person, I'll just leave this here. ;) ;D :-*
CATS WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH NO MATTER WHAT - Funny cat compilation.

https://youtu.be/VHShymdi1_0

ponyboysunset

Attention all, isn't this the Rosegirl thread? Stop cluttering it with Art Bell posts please. LOL ::)
PS It's been nearly 48 hours, I still say a week until she returns, what say you all?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on May 05, 2017, 12:41:16 PM
Nope.

This is. ;)
http://bellgab.com/radio-and-podcasts/mystic-starsthe-outsider-messages-from-beyond/300/#top
And it looks like the only remaining thing left of her website according to bellgab reports, oh and Canada is gone too, right?

BobGrau

Quote from: zeebo on May 05, 2017, 11:25:40 AM
I just flashed back to those days when he was posting here, and well-meaning do-gooders tried to help him save the show with constructive suggestions.  He briefly talked like he was interested in changing things, then doubled-down on his suckage comfort zone, and it's been that way since.  As George might say ... a leopard can't change his stripes.

Do stripes know when to jump leopards?

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 05, 2017, 12:46:54 PM
And it looks like the only remaining thing left of her website according to bellgab reports, oh and Canada is gone too, right?

Canada has at least gone top right.

Praise MV!

starrmtn001

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 05, 2017, 12:46:54 PM
Sorry, it took so long to get back to you, PBS.  I wanted to go see for myself.  I don't have a car, so I had to hitch-hike.

No.  Canada is still there.  Well, I mean the land is still there.  No ocean has filled in the space. ;) ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on May 05, 2017, 11:25:40 AM
Ah, yes.  Back in the heady days building up to Dark Matter, when Jorch was sweating Art's return.  All really got out of Jorch were empty offers to improve and the revelation of his love for Chicago all beef weinies.   ::) GNS

YOU know.

I do believe that there is more to it than that.  Oh there is little doubt that it would have ended up in the same place for Senda's Coast to Coast run but
I think the process was accelerated by the CoT+J and YP.  Via the COT+J's skullduggery it became known that Danheiser was claiming he couldn't open
what Senda was sending him.   Which as time went on rather frustrated our gullible hero.  If I recall correctly, the CoT planted the seed that Senda should
then visit Danheiser in person to debug the issue face to face. 

From there YP emailed both Danheiser and Noory a note that contained the key phrase "He intends to travel to you".  I truly believe that moved the inevitable
up quite a bit.  They couldn't take the chance of having a sweating, smelly, flat broke, Senda showing up at their gig.  Could you imagine?  They would have to
instruct the receptionist to block him at the door.  Even then he'd mope around the parking lot for hours.  They'd have to flee out the back door and Uber an
escape.  If they actually met with him it would be a total nightmare.   YP forced them to play their hand - they had little choice after his missive.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on May 05, 2017, 05:22:10 PM
Ah, yes.  Back in the heady days building up to Dark Matter, when Jorch was sweating Art's return.  All really got out of Jorch were empty offers to improve and the revelation of his love for Chicago all beef weinies.   ::) GNS

Remember he was like "I'm open to tweaking the show".  Then soon after anyone giving critiques was just another 'hater'.   ::)

It still bothers me that Art was mounting a true comeback, and getting momentum on actual terrestrial radio stations.  I would have loved to see that battle. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on May 05, 2017, 07:24:25 PM
Remember he was like "I'm open to tweaking the show".  Then soon after anyone giving critiques was just another 'hater'.   ::)

It still bothers me that Art was mounting a true comeback, and getting momentum on actual terrestrial radio stations.  I would have loved to see that battle.

The way everything just imploded with the whole network just seems very targeted and intentional to me. I really think C2C just didn't want the competition anymore. It was threatening Snoory's media empire.  ::)