• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2015, 01:27:13 PM
De Boeren number 1 in Eredivisie again this year!

Speak English, commie.

Quote from: deadmeow on April 22, 2015, 11:42:53 AM
Alex and Jeff both have unique shows, love them or hate them.  With so many vanilla shows out there, I believe it is healthy to hear independent news and opinions.

Perhaps an "official" Art Bell channel on youtube that had short minute clips from each show, uploaded a week after airing or something like that would help draw listeners.  Any form of advertising would be helpful before the new show starts and after.

Quote from: John on April 22, 2015, 11:02:58 AM
This is a great advice. But the clips should be longer than just a minute or two. Get the watchers hooked and leave them wanting more.

Jeff Rense has 15 minute clips and he consistently gets around ten thousand views per a clip ( https://www.youtube.com/user/JRense/videos ).

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2015, 11:14:05 AM
I would go further even and look at Alex Jone's model of leveraging "free" into making a lot of money and getting much exposure. However, as another poster mentioned mentioning Alex or Jeff, due to their politics, makes people uncomfortable. But ignoring the content/politics their model appears to work rather well.

Love them or hate them, they get the views, subscribers, money, and news.  It's almost like local commercials.  Once they get stuck in your head, that's the first person/company/show that pops in your head when it comes to the subject at hand (anyone here know Cal Worthington and his dog spot?).  As for your You Tube channel, clips of the shows plus some videos of just you talking (they don't have to be long but they need to introduce you to those who may not know you and perhaps draw those back into the fold who have no idea you are back "on the air").  You could start the channel now with a video, officially announcing your return to the microphone.  Do you own the rights to the Sirius shows?  You could upload those now as a sort of preview of what is to come.

aldousburbank

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 22, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
  *eye shift*  Uh, yeah.  There might be somebody around here who might be able to look at that situation, should it arise.
Aye, there be some able weirdos in these trepidatious waters of vague loveability. 

Has Art considered pain management for his back? Bu Trans patches coupled with Tramadol help a friend out greatly. Non Narcotic. As for the Youtube issue, why not just allow the show to be posted 6-12 months after broadcast? That would seem fair and lessen the need for constant policing. Despite the perceived damage "pirates" do, it also works as advertising. After searching for old Art shows on Youtube and finding them, it made me aware of Dark Matter and this site. They brought me back. Now, I am ready to pay for Midnight when it starts.

Quote from: MV on April 22, 2015, 01:51:51 PM
Speak English, commie.
Something about the Boer Wars...?

AZ/CO

Quote from: ks3484 on April 22, 2015, 12:36:08 AM

I don't know Falkie2013, life is about loosing things. I think you grow (spiritually) when you have lost--more so then when you have gained. It seems to me that gaining things seems to keep you here wanting more. I think that the loss of something in life prepares you for that date in space and time when you will lose it all. All that you have accumulated here - in this space and time will amount to nothing. Nothing at all,

ks3484,
What a great philosophy!  Losing really is gaining with regards to the big picture.  I loved reading that today, thank you.

^if you liked that quote, read any book about Buddhism or even a good old Bible, specifically one of my favorites the Book of Ecclesiastes. ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 22, 2015, 02:55:33 PM
^if you liked that quote, read any book about Buddhism or even a good old Bible, specifically one of my favorites the Book of Ecclesiastes. ;)
For every bud there is a season, and a time for every retinal circus.
The Sayings Of Aldous, chapter 4, verse 20

pate

Quote from: albrecht on April 21, 2015, 08:04:20 PM
I recall back in the napster days a few bands had some clever stuff going. Like fake songs that would start and then awful screech a few seconds in. Not sure if it was official companies, bands, or just fans who did it. I could see fighting back by fake youtubes, fake torrents, torrents that bring viruses or DMRN warnings, etc. Never "win" likely but at least beat back a bit and make only the most tech-savvy and dedicated pirate or free-loader get it for free. However, I tend to agree with you and it is better to USE the "pirate" or "free" market to advance your show. Ignoring the politics or message Alex Jones comes to mind- give stuff away for free, encourage copying torrents etc, and buy/negotiate time on SW, AM, FM, local access tv, etc post to YouTubes etc and THEN get money back on the upside by donations, commercials, products, webstores, etc.

completely off-topic but this post for some reason made me recall this "story" from a while back:

http://www.pcgamer.com/indie-development-sim-game-dev-tycoon-gives-pirates-a-taste-of-their-own-torrenting/

pate

Quote from: sorefinger on April 22, 2015, 10:54:55 AM...

The foods containing phytic acid are grains, nuts, tubers, seeds and beans.  In other words, pizza, beer, pasta, peanut butter, Mexican dishes, potatoes, bread, bakery items, nachos, chili, pretty much everything in the standard Western diet..

You getting all chefly (adj: see urban dictionary for details on us here?

Art Bell

Sorry, you have not heard much from me because my back is out. Pain.

Art

The General

Quote from: Art Bell on April 22, 2015, 04:19:52 PM

Art
Hoping you feel better soon Art.

coaster

Damn. Get well soon Art.

morgana213

Art
So sorry Art.  We DO understand.  I hope you feel better soon!

Art

My back also is on the mend, but still in pain. I totally understand. Here is to a speedy recovery.

Nick el Ass

Art

Your health is more important than any posts, Art. I hope you feel better soon. I'm praying for you for what it's worth.

smithy

Art

Anyone else up for the "help Art's back heal" experiment? I don't remember how it works. I think we are supposed to select a time and think positive thoughts at the same time. For now, I'll be doing so on my own and hope in some small way it actually helps.

Marc.Knight

"Art's Back" seems to have a double-edged meaning.

Heather Wade

Art

No worries, Art.  I get it.  Hoping you feel better... whenever.   ;D

ge30542

Quote from: smithy on April 22, 2015, 06:02:10 PM
Anyone else up for the "help Art's back heal" experiment? I don't remember how it works. I think we are supposed to select a time and think positive thoughts at the same time. For now, I'll be doing so on my own and hope in some small way it actually helps.
Mass Consciousness! I'm in!
Let's heal Art's back!

albrecht

Quote from: ge30542 on April 22, 2015, 06:05:13 PM
Mass Consciousness! I'm in!
Let's heal Art's back!
Hey, if they could levitate the Pentagon we surely can help Art out!!

pate

Quote from: smithy on April 22, 2015, 06:02:10 PM

Due to scheduling conflicts, I am sure the BellGab appointed "Positive thoughts for Art" hour will not be good for me. 

I am going to opt instead for a steady low-level back-of-the-mind positive thought level for Art.  I will be broadcasting for sure during all waking hours, I will not guarantee that I will be able to do this while sleeping, but the intention will be there.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2015, 06:08:14 PM

If we can levitate Art, and make him feel better just think of what a cool show that would make upon his return.

smithy

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2015, 06:08:14 PM

I think we are supposed to pick a time and do it at the same time. I don't remember. Does anyone else remember how the experiment goes? If we can organize this thing with the help of MV posting the info in a visible spot it's worth a try.

albrecht

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 22, 2015, 06:15:19 PM

If we can levitate Art, and make him feel better just think of what a cool show that would make upon his return.
Is Red Elk still around? He levitated on air once with Art I seem to recall. (Awesome show because proving you can levitate on the radio is pure genuis!)

ks3484

Quote from: deadmeow on April 22, 2015, 11:42:53 AM
Alex and Jeff both have unique shows, love them or hate them.  With so many vanilla shows out there, I believe it is healthy to hear independent news and opinions.

Perhaps an "official" Art Bell channel on youtube that had short minute clips from each show, uploaded a week after airing or something like that would help draw listeners.  Any form of advertising would be helpful before the new show starts and after.

deadmeow, this is a great idea. Art usually starts the first 15 minutes of his shows off with his opinions about the important news of the day, or just the regular news of the day. He still does it on his facebook page mostly. Ask him if he'd like to do an opinion piece for youtube. He could probably do it daily and upload it before he starts his 9 o'clock shows, or maybe earlier during the day.

jazmunda

Art

Feel better Art. Back pain is no fun.

Has anyone suggested KNYE as a cure?

ks3484

Quote from: Catsmile on April 22, 2015, 01:25:25 PM
That brings up a burning question...
Will Art except Bitcoin?

I wonder if he'd accept them and then store them in an account for Asia to use as she gets older. I don't imagine that he'd use them...on the other hand he probably would. Bob Crane and his other advertisers usually sends him free products for him to try before he advertises them on his show. If he didn't like the product he would refuse the business. Then again, CBC was footing most all of the shows expenses so without that comfort zone...who knows? I really wonder why Art stopped doing group tours? The last two tours I remember was one to Alaska and one to Egypt then nothing.

ks3484

Art

My good sir, it's off to Egypt with you....your Sarcophagus awaits you.