• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151203 - Sally Vander Veer - Marijuana - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by zmbabwe, December 03, 2015, 11:04:27 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: nbirnes on December 04, 2015, 01:08:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that's "Chicken of the Woods" and we've been getting a few of them each year. They are supposedly delicious, but I've been too afraid to eat them without a human intervention. Look for the white pulp. Maybe.

I'd be afraid of that. I'm not afraid of morels though and hunt them during season. Delicious.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 01:13:22 AM
I've met Russians, Finns, Norwegians, French, etc who go find mushrooms etc and it is like a family, normal, event. I'm scared to do so to eat and this in a "yard"? ...

Always wise to have a donation-liver on ice when experimenting with homegrown mushrooms.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 04, 2015, 01:05:14 AM
Hallucinogens...  LOL now there is a strange family of drugs.   I have done LSD a few times and mushrooms.   
I know several folks that have had quite extensive experimentations with LSD and mushrooms. Hahahahaha

Marijuana is also classified as a hallucinogenic.

I've met Russians, Finns, Norwegians, French, etc who go find mushrooms etc and it is like a family, normal, event. I'm scared to do so to eat and this in a "yard"? No thanks. If I catch or shoot or grow something I saw/planned ok! But I admire them. Apparently some can even make money or atl least make great meals find truffels, mushrooms, etc.

With ya all the way.  I wouldn't mess with it.  Truffles are yum, though.

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 04, 2015, 01:11:24 AM
I've never spent time in a more questionable place with more questionable people than Northern Ireland in the late 1990's.
I was across that little bit of water but in Glasgow for a time and "questionable!" I recall a CRAZY situation I got into in a pub when I mentioned I was a "republican" in a drunken conversation with people I could barely understand. Wow!

zeebo

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 04, 2015, 01:14:51 AM

Never understood that, I think it was part of the smear campaign.  Some very mild auditory hallucinations is all I've come across.

nbirnes

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 04, 2015, 01:14:02 AM
Nancy, that's some seriously funky chicken.

I know! I've broken off bits, brought them inside. Snowy white flesh. Didn't fry it up in oil or butter, but did leave it on a table for a week or so.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: nbirnes on December 04, 2015, 01:14:43 AM
Weird that you would say that. I almost think it knows we live and walk past the tree where it appears every day. It absorbs our breath, our worries ... and then this blooms in the summer and tests my courage.

I don't totally trust google.

It's okay, Nancy. They said they wouldn't be evil.   ;)

=Schlyder=

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 04, 2015, 01:14:51 AM

classified, and reality are two different things. LOL  Cannabis is as hallucinogenic as your thanksgiving turkey dinner.

Zenman

Quote from: Spinner on December 04, 2015, 01:08:37 AM

Wow, I didn't know Missouri was planning to legalize it. Who wudda thunk it.

Surprised me too. They've actually filed paperwork for a constitutional amendment next year to make it legal to grow and sell. Whooda indeed thunk.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 01:16:08 AM
I was across that little bit of water but in Glasgow for a time and "questionable!" I recall a CRAZY situation I got into in a pub when I mentioned I was a "republican" in a drunken conversation with people I could barely understand. Wow!

Oh yeah, the word "Republican" has an entirely different meaning in Belfast and apparently Glasgow. The people I knew were definitely not protestant and definitely not Jeb Bush.

I've met Russians, Finns, Norwegians, French, etc who go find mushrooms etc and it is like a family, normal, event. I'm scared to do so to eat and this in a "yard"? No thanks. If I catch or shoot or grow something I saw/planned ok! But I admire them. Apparently some can even make money or atl least make great meals find truffels, mushrooms, etc.
Morels my friend. And I live in the morel capitol of the world. Very difficult to find, and sell for more than natural ginseng per pound. Not a magic mushroom, but oh so delicious.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 01:16:11 AM
Never understood that, I think it was part of the smear campaign.  Some very mild auditory hallucinations is all I've come across.
Eating can do some stuff. Not, sure, as "good" or "bad" but not "expected".

nbirnes

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 04, 2015, 01:15:04 AM
With ya all the way.  I wouldn't mess with it.  Truffles are yum, though.

It's a cultural thing. Russians learn their mushrooms and we do not.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 01:16:11 AM

I never considered it a smear myself. I do consider it to be true. It's just not the powerful over the top type of hallucinogenic like LSD or DMT. It's just a scientific fact.  Mild is a good word to describe it.  And some strains offer much more of a hallucinogenic buzz than others.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 04, 2015, 01:18:41 AM
Morels my friend. And I live in the morel capitol of the world. Very difficult to find, and sell for more than natural ginseng per pound. Not a magic mushroom, but oh so delicious.

One of my favorite foods. I spend untold hours during spring chasing them.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 01:18:42 AM
Eating can do some stuff. Not, sure, as "good" or "bad" but not "expected".

Good point, this should be brought up tonite imho.  Very different pathways.

=Schlyder=

every segment of society smokes weed.  I have smoked with them. LOL

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 04, 2015, 01:17:38 AM
classified, and reality are two different things. LOL  Cannabis is as hallucinogenic as your thanksgiving turkey dinner.

Bullshit bro.  It's a hallucinogenic.  Do some research.

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 04, 2015, 01:18:08 AM
Oh yeah, the word "Republican" has an entirely different meaning in Belfast and apparently Glasgow. The people I knew were definitely not protestant and definitely not Jeb Bush.
Well I'm a Prod, I guess, and once explained, the misunderstanding, some guy intervened, former RUC, and I almost, somehow got RECRUITED into some high-jinx. It was insane. I still support Rangers out of fear and it was a hell of a good time!

nbirnes

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 04, 2015, 01:16:52 AM
It's okay, Nancy. They said they wouldn't be evil.   ;)

Wonder when or if they've crossed the line. If if there is a line.  8)

Quote from: nbirnes on December 04, 2015, 01:14:43 AM
Weird that you would say that. I almost think it knows we live and walk past the tree where it appears every day. It absorbs our breath, our worries ... and then this blooms in the summer and tests my courage.

I don't totally trust google.

Smart girl. Get yourself a quality book with pictures for reference.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1859677320?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I'd trade alcohol for weed, legally, any day.  Give us the one, take the other back.

=Schlyder=

I don't drink coffee.  But maybe once a year I will have a cup, as it is very tasty.
If it is a strong coffee, I will get way more of a buzz from a large mug of Joe, than smoking a joint.

Zenman

Quote from: nbirnes on December 04, 2015, 01:19:27 AM
It's a cultural thing. Russians learn their mushrooms and we do not.

I've heard the big secret is learning all the ones NOT to eat down cold.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 01:21:44 AM
Well I'm a Prod, I guess, and once explained, the misunderstanding, some guy intervened, former RUC, and I almost, somehow got RECRUITED into some high-jinx. It was insane. I still support Rangers out of fear and it was a hell of a good time!

Mine were Catholic traditional musicians and all IRA but after that had ceased to be a major issue. More talk than action, but they certainly had the weaponry.