• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 25, 2016, 09:31:00 AM
  I'm a vet, but I'm not a promoter of the new social cause pushed by the left; veterans' entitlement beyond the GI Bill benefits for education, home loan qualification and real service-related issues.

What would you consider "real service-related issues"? Just curious.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 25, 2016, 10:14:45 AM
What would you consider "real service-related issues"? Just curious.
It encompasses a lot, but inability to find work beyond peddling trinkets from a box on the curb isn't on my list.  The all-volunteer army was working until multiple in-country deployments to combat zones strangled enlistments.  I think what we're seeing as "veteran" problems are in most cases the result of requirements lowered to bottom-trawling to fill quotas.  Bring back the draft, no education deferment, and stricter med deferments.  Everyone able should have skin in the game. 

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 25, 2016, 11:10:10 AM
It encompasses a lot, but inability to find work beyond peddling trinkets from a box on the curb isn't on my list.  The all-volunteer army was working until multiple in-country deployments to combat zones strangled enlistments.  I think what we're seeing as "veteran" problems are in most cases the result of requirements lowered to bottom-trawling to fill quotas.  Bring back the draft, no education deferment, and stricter med deferments.  Everyone able should have skin in the game.

Horseshit! The draft is a joke. Why? Because we get people like you. We need motivated warriors, not coerced ones. And furthermore, we need to ensure our vets are taken care of. NO MATTER WHAT!.

CornyCrow

Quote from: pyewacket on July 24, 2016, 08:59:37 PM
I was just having a little fun with this and had not intended to upset anyone. I'm also not convinced by people on the right who cite only Fox News or other partisan sources to make their arguments. I like certain people on both sides, but we all do need to check information for ourselves.

I don't know who works for snopes but there are questions raised about their objectivity and qualifications by conservatives just as the left questions sites they consider right leaning.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/17/fact-checking-snopes-websites-political-fact-checker-is-just-a-failed-liberal-blogger/

http://accuracyinpolitics.blogspot.com/2013/05/snopes-got-snoped.html
The second article sites one error on their part (yet they don't seem to think it's an error), and extrapolates from that a blanket compaint that is unsubstantiated.

The daily caller article makes me think that woman should be fired.  I did not remember that Carter banned Iranians.  Clinton is such a pandering hypocrite.

Thank you for your obvious research in finding these articles.  I appreciate it.

Jackstar

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 25, 2016, 11:10:10 AM
Bring back the draft,

This comes with so many obvious drawbacks that you might as well promote it as a jobs program in Yuma picking lettuce.

There's a simpler solution: require enlisted service in exchange for the voting franchise. It doesn't have to be military enlisted service, although, by God and by damn, that's coming up whether there's a draft or not.

Listen to me now and believe me later. You know I am correct.

CornyCrow

Quote from: pyewacket on July 24, 2016, 09:47:34 PM
If you liked those you're going to love this one.  :-* *For entertainment purposes only*

http://drrichswier.com/2015/08/06/snopes-com-ceo-arrested-on-charges-of-fraud-and-corruption/
This article is supposed to be political satire and not fact.

"EDITORS NOTE: This political satire column originally appeared in the Peoples Cube. The author is the Kommissar of Viral Infections with additional reporting by Red Square."

I can see how a person can miss that little comment at the end of the article, though.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Jackstar on July 25, 2016, 01:34:49 PM
It doesn't have to be military enlisted service, although, by God and by damn, that's coming up whether there's a draft or not.
It's coming, and it's name may be Scarborough Shoals. 

pyewacket

Quote from: Segundus on July 25, 2016, 01:50:48 PM

"EDITORS NOTE: This political satire column originally appeared in the Peoples Cube. The author is the Kommissar of Viral Infections with additional reporting by Red Square."

I can see how a person can miss that little comment at the end of the article, though.

I didn't present this as a real article. I posted it as *for entertainment purposes only* perhaps you missed my notation and later comments on the joke.

whoozit

And the disclaimer in the post too.

WildCard

Thanx for clearin that up for us, dumbass.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: chefist on July 25, 2016, 02:39:55 PM
Bwahahahahaha...

https://twitter.com/regated/status/755848295201722372
More BS from the Anointed One.  Like Cruz didn't know to the minute when Trump's plane was due so he could use it to rile up his small crowd.

After spending years, decades, bashing the United States - 'it's racist', 'it's sexist', 'it's 'homo-phobic' '... they don't like our history, our Constitution, our form of government, our system of free exchange... people are 'too religious' (except for the Moslims)... America is 'a dark, unwelcoming, hateful place'... everything we do or have ever done is 'wrong, repressive, imperialist, selfish, greedy'.  After supporting and encouraging the filth out looting our stores, burning our cities, blocking our roads and bridges, attacking our police..

After all that, decades of it, the Libs, the 'Progressives', the Left and especially their Big Media mouthpieces now find Donald Trump's speech 'vengeful', 'dystopian', 'apocalyptic', 'psychotic', on and on.  Why, he's 'trying to create anger and fear', to 'make Americans feel afraid'.

Well, they should know.  What they're describing are their own tactics, not Trumps.  Reading the speech, I sure didn't see any of that in there - only a rendition of problems people want fucking fixed, and a promise of a bright future if we do so.  Which is exactly correct.  No 'fear', no gloom and doom, no 'hate'. 

Imagine it, a convention acceptance speech with a list of issues that need to be addressed .  Shocking, right?

Jesus Christ, these fucking people.  A stunning display of dishonesty and hypocrisy.  What they are accusing Trump of is what they've been offering all these years, what they've been doing.  We need to root the Libs and Left out of power - across the board, and not just in government - and stop listening to them. 

Anyone, no matter how thick, should finally now at least recognize the hypocrisy of Big Media - even if they still agree with it

I hope Donald Trump does what no Republican candidate for President has never done to these people.  Just absolutely go after her and her party with everything he's got.  Morning noon and night, day in and day out.  There's certainly enough ammunition there to do so. 

Fucking act the way they do on the campaign trail for once, except instead of the need to lie and smear, just tell the truth, see how that works out for them.

CornyCrow

Quote from: pyewacket on July 25, 2016, 02:27:09 PM
I didn't present this as a real article. I posted it as *for entertainment purposes only* perhaps you missed my notation and later comments on the joke.
Ok, I guess the joke's on me. 

pyewacket

Quote from: Segundus on July 26, 2016, 03:19:39 AM
Ok, I guess the joke's on me.

No harm done. I don't post here to hurt people. It's sad when people are quick to judge or take offense (US spelling) - they miss out on the fun. Hope your day goes well.  :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: pyewacket on July 26, 2016, 07:53:43 AM
No harm done. I don't post here to hurt people. It's sad when people are quick to judge or take offense (US spelling) - they miss out on the fun. Hope your day goes well.  :)
THIS!!!   ^^^    ;D

Kudos, Pyewacket! :-*

whoozit

Quote from: whoozit on July 25, 2016, 03:16:16 PM
And the disclaimer in the post too.
This was meant in good fun.  I guess I should have used a  ;) or  :P.

pyewacket

Quote from: whoozit on July 26, 2016, 05:07:32 PM
This was meant in good fun.  I guess I should have used a  ;) or  :P.

I knew what you meant.  ;) :)

While I've been critical of Donald Trump, I just gained a great deal of admiration for his sons after reading about their African hunting trips.  At great personal expense, they have repeatedly have selflessly put themselves in harm's way in order to make the world safe for the rest of us by ridding it of dangerous wild animals like elephants and leopards. We should be grateful to them for performing this admirable public service.

TigerLily

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 27, 2016, 01:30:46 PM
While I've been critical of Donald Trump, I just gained a great deal of admiration for his sons after reading about their African hunting trips.  At great personal expense, they have repeatedly have selflessly put themselves in harm's way in order to make the world safe for the rest of us by ridding it of dangerous wild animals like elephants and leopards. We should be grateful to them for performing this admirable public service.

I hate these "boys" with the fire of a thousand suns

TigerLily

Trump urges Russia to find Clinton's 'missing' emails, drawing ire

MIAMI/WASHINGTON Republican Donald Trump on Wednesday invited Russia to dig up tens of thousands of "missing" emails from Hillary Clinton's time at the U.S. State Department, prompting political foes to accuse him of dangerously urging a power abroad to spy on the United States.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-cyber-idUSKCN10723A

Quote from: TigerLily on July 27, 2016, 01:46:34 PM

MIAMI/WASHINGTON Republican Donald Trump on Wednesday invited Russia to dig up tens of thousands of "missing" emails from Hillary Clinton's time at the U.S. State Department, prompting political foes to accuse him of dangerously urging a power abroad to spy on the United States.

What about Bill Clinton giving away military secrets to the Chinese when he was President?  Sorry, TL, you're not going to get any traction with this one.

Quote from: TigerLily on July 27, 2016, 01:42:44 PM

That's a bit harsh, TL.  Donald Jr. would make a dandy Secretary of the Interior.  He certainly has the experience with the trophy game import licenses he would have the authority to regulate.

http://grist.org/politics/trump-jr-wants-his-dad-to-put-him-in-charge-of-federal-parks-and-lands/

Quote from: TigerLily on July 27, 2016, 01:42:44 PM

I agree with you about trophy hunting though.  Atrocious.

GravitySucks

According to this article from last September, the FBI already had them.

http://www.thomhartmann.com/news/fbi-recovers-clintons-deleted-emails

Plus...

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 27, 2016, 01:30:43 PM
If those deleted emails were just personal emails (as claimed by HMH) then what is the national security issue with having them released?

Uncle Duke

I'd never vote for Trump, but his tongue-in-cheek suggestion the Russians find Clinton's missing e-mails is hilarious.
Not Presidential, but funny none the less.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 27, 2016, 01:50:30 PM
What about Bill Clinton giving away military secrets to the Chinese when he was President?  Sorry, TL, you're not going to get any traction with this one.

He didn't give them away. He sold them.

Juan

Clinton campaign now calls Russian hacking of her email "espionage" - yoga and wedding plans are not espionage.  Thus, according to the Clinton campaign, the missing emails contained state secreta.