• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 05:55:31 PM
The only one I can think of was a Noory guest.  The crocodile hunter, Steve Irwin.  Oh wait, John Mack.

Considering the bulk of Art’s interviews took place in the 90s, I would expect there have been a number of his guests who’ve died over the years. But if the topic is those who passed on under mysterious or controversial circumstances, that list is likely short.

Evelyn Paglini is one. I seem to remember some controversy, as folks said there was no record online of her death so maybe it didn’t happen. Also, many of Art’s guests predicted various dramatic ‘end of the world’ scenarios, where we’d all go together, such as Elizabeth Claire Prophet, who would later die of Alzheimer’s Disease.

While the subject matter these guests brought to Art’s show explored the inherent mystery of death; near-death, afterlife, etc., the fact that extraordinary folks (like Art) might die of a common, ordinary disease is a part of the mystery.

Perhaps something to consider following Art’s seemingly sudden passing, is the death of one of Art’s popular guests, Terence McKenna, who after being diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, had the time to ponder the subject on a deeply poignant level.

I always thought death would come on the freeway in a few horrifying moments, so you'd have no time to sort it out. Having months and months to look at it and think about it and talk to people and hear what they have to say, it's a kind of blessing. It's certainly an opportunity to grow up and get a grip and sort it all out. Just being told by an unsmiling guy in a white coat that you're going to be dead in four months definitely turns on the lights. ... It makes life rich and poignant. When it first happened, and I got these diagnoses, I could see the light of eternity, à la William Blake, shining through every leaf. I mean, a bug walking across the ground moved me to tears.

🌹🌹🌹

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 07:08:06 PM
I've been trying to listen to talk radio today but no one mentioned him.  I thought Rush would say something but he didn't.  Kinda disappointed.
I missed the show but that is too bad. I think the shows were packaged together in syndication deals back in the day and I seem to recall Art meeting with him or even giving him advice when he was brought nationally? I don't remember details....
Bruce DuMont of "Beyond the Beltway" on Sunday evening had a mentions and said how Art had awards and was a radio legend.

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 06:34:37 PM
Wow. He still is at it. FROM prison? I love how the call periodically interrupts "this call is from a Federal Prison" message. He needs to call into C2C or even MITD with predictions and tax/financial advice!

I always enjoyed hearing Morton with Art for some reason. His fast way of talking was probably on purpose to hide how full of BS he was. I was strangely entertained by those shows. He was also on the schedule for the next week of Dark Matter shows and I was excited about that, but then Sirius pulled the plug. Geez Art couldn't you have waited one more week before going "all in"?

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 16, 2018, 07:20:43 PM
Considering the bulk of Art’s interviews took place in the 90s, I would expect there have been a number of his guests who’ve died over the years. But if the topic is those who passed on under mysterious or controversial circumstances, that list is likely short.

Evelyn Paglini is one. I seem to remember some controversy, as folks said there was no record online of her death so maybe it didn’t happen. Also, many of Art’s guests predicted various dramatic ‘end of the world’ scenarios, where we’d all go together, such as Elizabeth Claire Prophet, who would later die of Alzheimer’s Disease.

While the subject matter these guests brought to Art’s show explored the inherent mystery of death; near-death, afterlife, etc., the fact that extraordinary folks (like Art) might die of a common, ordinary disease is a part of the mystery.

Perhaps something to consider following Art’s seemingly sudden passing, is the death of one of Art’s popular guests, Terence McKenna, who after being diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, had the time to ponder the subject on a deeply poignant level.

I always thought death would come on the freeway in a few horrifying moments, so you'd have no time to sort it out. Having months and months to look at it and think about it and talk to people and hear what they have to say, it's a kind of blessing. It's certainly an opportunity to grow up and get a grip and sort it all out. Just being told by an unsmiling guy in a white coat that you're going to be dead in four months definitely turns on the lights. ... It makes life rich and poignant. When it first happened, and I got these diagnoses, I could see the light of eternity, à la William Blake, shining through every leaf. I mean, a bug walking across the ground moved me to tears.

🌹🌹🌹

That's a wonderful and poignant insight to dying and living.  Thanks for sharing that. :D

ManiacMatt

I wonder if Art's antenna will be taken down.  It would be quite a job!

Sean92008

Quote from: ManiacMatt on April 16, 2018, 07:29:35 PM
I wonder if Art's antenna will be taken down.  It would be quite a job!

It conveys with the property according to Zillow 😀

Quote from: ManiacMatt on April 16, 2018, 07:13:50 PM
No.  The house to the left is Art's guest house and radio shack.

Didn't he say the radio studio was something like 100 yards away from the house.  As he lay on the ground after hearing the gunshot/firecracker?

Taco Bell

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 07:08:06 PM
I've been trying to listen to talk radio today but no one mentioned him.  I thought Rush would say something but he didn't.  Kinda disappointed.

Too much stuff for him to yammer on about, plus with today's news cycle, it's old hat.

Speaking of untimely guest deaths, Dr. Gene Mallove who was murdered "conveniently" after announcing progress in overunity devices and technologies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Mallove

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 07:21:40 PM
I missed the show but that is too bad. I think the shows were packaged together in syndication deals back in the day and I seem to recall Art meeting with him or even giving him advice when he was brought nationally? I don't remember details....

Didn't Rush give him that alien?

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 07:36:06 PM
Too much stuff for him to yammer on about, plus with today's news cycle, it's old hat.

I'm tired of the Mueller/Comey merry-go-round.  I was going to avoid talk radio completely today.  I'd rather Rush talk about other things than that one subject. :-\

Taco Bell

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 16, 2018, 07:38:55 PM
Didn't Rush give him that alien?

Well, it's about the size of a Dominican boy, so it may have come from El Rushbo.

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 07:43:04 PM
Well, it's about the size of a Dominican boy, so it may have come from El Rushbo.

Joshua Pee Warren owns it now.  I think that's apt. A cheezy alien for a cheeseball.

albrecht

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on April 16, 2018, 07:36:37 PM
Speaking of untimely guest deaths, Dr. Gene Mallove who was murdered "conveniently" after announcing progress in overunity devices and technologies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Mallove
Yeah, murdered while "cleaning out his parents house."

ManiacMatt

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 16, 2018, 07:35:53 PM
Didn't he say the radio studio was something like 100 yards away from the house.  As he lay on the ground after hearing the gunshot/firecracker?

The house is about 75 yards away according to google.  I measured from side of house to the side of the studio.

albrecht

You think Rush had some henchman kidnap, kill, hollow-out, and stuff with Oxycontin- to smuggle it back into the USA- a Dominican boy and then redress the corpse as an alien to give to Art to cover up the crime? Or just used one after some UN worker or Hollywood-type had taken care of the first parts?

Taco Bell

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 07:46:46 PM
You think Rush had some henchman kidnap, kill, hollow-out, and stuff with Oxycontin- to smuggle it back into the USA- a Dominican boy and then redress the corpse as an alien to give to Art to cover up the crime? Or just used one after some UN worker or Hollywood-type had taken care of the first parts?

Either situation, he had sex with it.

Catsmile

#BeingOnProbation4Narcotics
#EDPillsNotInYourName
#GoAlone2KnownGaySexTouristDestination
#WhatCouldGoWrong
#BlusteringJowlsBloviating
#WhoMe
#WhatDidIDo
#Don'tGo2Jail4BreakingProbation
#RushTotallyNotTheHollywoodType
#HeJustDoesDamageControlLikeHollywoodTypes
#StirsTheRubesWithHisDisgust4HollywoodTypes
#WalksLikeADuckQuacksLikeADuck
#NotADuckIt'sSaintRush
#HeWhoHasTheGoldRule

ManiacMatt

I wonder if Heather and Kieth are upset with Ian Punnett and Whitley Streiber for posting on the web that Art died in his sleep from COPD.  Don't they know that they don't know the real story and they should wait after several nights of replay shows to hear the truth from the source!

Taco Bell

Jimmy Church going down memory lane about art in the 90s

Catsmile

Quote from: ManiacMatt on April 16, 2018, 08:10:11 PM
I wonder if Heather and Kieth are upset with Ian Punnett and Whitley Streiber for posting on the web that Art died in his sleep from COPD.  Don't they know that they don't know the real story and they should wait after several nights of replay shows to hear the truth from the source!

#EveryoneStealingPartsOfArt
#FuriousTears
#RealStory
#TuneIn2FindOut
#PassThePopcorn
#EpicTrainWreckImminent
#Lulz
#Profit 

ItsOver

Clyde's talking about Art.  He just said "Thank you, Art Bell."   8)

Catsmile

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2018, 08:18:28 PM
Clyde's talking about Art.

#TumorDuctTaped2Microphone
#ReallyHasRadioInHisVeins
#ActionsSpeakLouderThanWords

Sean92008

Quote from: ManiacMatt on April 16, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

Maybe they're smoking her out by following that narrative...  She so desperately wants a murder conspiracy to grow...  She did it and wants credit.

😀

Catsmile

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 16, 2018, 08:23:40 PM
Maybe they're smoking her out by following that narrative...  She so desperately wants a murder conspiracy to grow...  She did it and wants credit.

😀

#OhShesSmokedOutAllRight
#ItsCalledDope4AReason

I actually feel pretty bad for anyone with COPD. I am in decent shape As I run 5 to 6 days a week. But I have asthma when I am sick it worsens my asthma.
I can only imagine have permanent COPD, it just be pretty horrific.

After being hospitalized for a month on back related issues, I contracted a severe case of pneumonia. I was at death's door. The feeling of drowning in your own mucous and not being to be able to catch my breath, I will not forget soon. Two months of the last resort - most powerful antibiotics, and all was well again. In short I feel for what Art went through. It must have been very frightening. I wish it on no one.

ItsOver

Clyde and callers reminiscing about Art.  Nice.

BettyO417

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 16, 2018, 06:01:39 PM
This is the best news I have read in awhile! Is popcorn provided by VanDeven Enterpirses or should we bring our own?  ;D

Good to see you PBS!! Nice to be among the Vaguely Loveables again.

Guess Art had one hell of an out of body experience. The spirit box guy didn't waste anytime plugging his wares! How many fans will put out the $1500 thinking they'll make contact with Art?

I wonder if anyone took clippings of Art's hair, fingernails, last time selfies etc. to hawk?  Maybe a crud thought, but hey I belong to BellGab!

Again, glad you posted...