• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hurricane Irma

Started by starrmtn001, August 30, 2017, 08:04:01 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 09, 2017, 03:05:37 PM
Well, Irma seems to have sucked the water right out of the ocean.

https://twitter.com/Kaydi_K/status/906579283950403585

This Strange Event Started Happening In Brazil...(2017)

https://youtu.be/8nEJD86A7fU

Published on Aug 14, 2017.

At the end of the video, the narrator says, there is something BIG that is going to happen in September. 

Hog

5:00pm EDT from NOAA.

Moving: WNW at 9 mph
Min pressure: 933 mb
Max sustained: 125 mph

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Hurricane Irma Discussion Number  43
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL112017
500 PM EDT Sat Sep 09 2017

Data from a NOAA Hurricane Hunter plane sampling Irma indicate
that the hurricane has not recovered yet from its interaction
with Cuba. It is estimated that the maximum winds are 110 kt. Given
the excellent satellite presentation, the lower pressure just
reported by the NOAA plane, and the fact that the hurricane will
move over the warm waters of the Straits of Florida, some
intensification is anticipated during the next 24 hours. Irma is
expected to remain a very dangerous hurricane while it moves near or
over the Florida Keys and near or over the Florida Peninsula. After
48 hours, Irma will be moving farther inland and weakening.

Radar data indicate that Irma is moving toward the west-northwest
at about 8 kt. The turn toward the northwest and north-northwest is
about to begin since the hurricane is already at the western edge of
the subtropical ridge.  The track guidance continues to be tightly
packed, and the bulk of the models take the hurricane over the
Florida Keys and near or over the Florida Peninsula. The NHC
forecast is in the middle of the guidance envelope, and given the
good agreement among models, the confidence in the track forecast is
high
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Slowly starting to head North.

peace
Hog

Hog

Here's a video on a WP-3D flying through Irma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_s-7NodydE

peace
Hog

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_UlsEimZrs

My delight at chronicling the ongoing collapse of civilization has reached a new zenith.

Latest on Irma from
Forecaster Berg at the NHC

Down to Cat 3 as she beats up Cuba.     Jose's track is looking promising as of now

Irma's back up to a category 4 hurricane with maximum sustained winds of 130 mph.  I think they go back up to at least 150 before making landfall.

Up All Night

The Roku "ABC News Channel" has a live stream of WPLG Miami Ch. 10 coverage of Hurricane Irma.

It has made a right turn and the good news is it could make landfall long before the last projections I heard so maybe it won't get back up to 150mph.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/11L/flash-vis-long.html

Latest update should be coming in any minute.

Maximum sustained winds are still at 130 MPH.  Barometric pressure is at 928 millibars so that is still going down.  Just watched Key Largo tonight.  Tomorrow night The Hurricane.  It is amazing that there have only been a  few movies with hurricanes as a primary theme and very few good ones.  Key Largo and The Hurricane (1937) are just about it with a few more modern movies (like a Perfect Storm) but the storms in those films really weren't hurricanes.

Juan

Key Largo is racist. The white people made the Amerinds stay outside on the porch.

At Vaca Key, 0834 EDT, water 1.28-feet, wind 41.02-knots, water temperature down to 80.08F, air temperature down to 79.9F.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2017, 08:10:26 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viMH3K2xmpI

Is he still doing this shit? Isn't he the bloke who prefixes all his sentences with; "As a phyicist, I....." Does he explain how the power is generated to make hurricanes? Does he know how many gigawatts of power is in a hurricane? A small one. His disciples need to know this, but won't like the answer.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2017, 09:03:15 AM
Is he still doing this shit? Isn't he the bloke who prefixes all his sentences with; "As a phyicist, I....." Does he explain how the power is generated to make hurricanes? Does he know how many gigawatts of power is in a hurricane? A small one. His disciples need to know this, but won't like the answer.  ::)

Maybe try watching if you really want to know.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2017, 09:07:53 AM
Maybe try watching if you really want to know.  ::)

Oh I have no need to. He'll trot out the same shit to cover his Uber ride to the studio and back. The problem with conspiracy theorists is: a) they never present irrefutable provable facts, and b) they never retract their bullshit when provable facts show they're spouting bullshit. Do you know how much power is in a hurricane? As in Watts? Do you know how a Watt is measured?

Juan

The  clown voicing the video can't even pronounce Kaku's name.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on September 10, 2017, 09:26:51 AM
The  clown voicing the video can't even pronounce Kaku's name.

That's the least of hs problems.

Yorkshire pud

Anyone thinking hurricanes are generated by Haarp (or any other artificial array)?

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/D7.html

Method 1) - Total energy released through cloud/rain formation:
An average hurricane produces 1.5 cm/day (0.6 inches/day) of rain inside a circle of radius 665 km (360 n.mi) (Gray 1981). (More rain falls in the inner portion of hurricane around the eyewall, less in the outer rainbands.) Converting this to a volume of rain gives 2.1 x 1016 cm3/day. A cubic cm of rain weighs 1 gm. Using the latent heat of condensation, this amount of rain produced gives
5.2 x 1019 Joules/day or
6.0 x 1014 Watts.

5.2 x 10 to the power of 19, Joules/day or
6.0 x 10 to the power of 14, Watts.

This is equivalent to 200 times the world-wide electrical generating capacity - an incredible amount of energy produced!
Method 2) - Total kinetic energy (wind energy) generated:
For a mature hurricane, the amount of kinetic energy generated is equal to that being dissipated due to friction. The dissipation rate per unit area is air density times the drag coefficient times the windspeed cubed (See Emanuel 1999 for details). One could either integrate a typical wind profile over a range of radii from the hurricane's center to the outer radius encompassing the storm, or assume an average windspeed for the inner core of the hurricane. Doing the latter and using 40 m/s (90 mph) winds on a scale of radius 60 km (40 n.mi.), one gets a wind dissipation rate (wind generation rate) of
1.3 x 10 to the power of 17, Joules/day or
1.5 x 10 to the power of 12, Watts.

This is equivalent to about half the world-wide electrical generating capacity - also an amazing amount of energy being produced!

Yeah, Kaku really knows his shit.... ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2017, 09:14:32 AM
Oh I have no need to. He'll trot out the same shit to cover his Uber ride to the studio and back. The problem with conspiracy theorists is: a) they never present irrefutable provable facts, and b) they never retract their bullshit when provable facts show they're spouting bullshit. Do you know how much power is in a hurricane? As in Watts? Do you know how a Watt is measured?

Nothing Kaku was talking about is conspiracy theory but I know you still think you can mentally glean the content of a video just from reading it's title. Delusional!  ::) ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2017, 09:51:52 AM
Nothing Kaku was talking about is conspiracy theory but I know you still think you can mentally glean the content of a video just from reading it's title. Delusional!  ::) ;D

Then the title should be more descriptive...if the title isn't accurate that isn't my fault. But anything with Haarp making hurricanes is going to be bullshit. But please, show how 200 times the entire planet's electrical generating capacity can make enough power to form an average hurricane...show your workings.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2017, 09:57:20 AM
Then the title should be more descriptive...if the title isn't accurate that isn't my fault. But anything with Haarp making hurricanes is going to be bullshit. But please, show how 200 times the entire planet's electrical generating capacity can make enough power to form an average hurricane...show your workings.

Pretty much everything you say is 100% bullshit.  ;)

Also, why are you always trying to get us to do your calculations for you?! For someone who alludes to being a mechanic or engineer or some such bullshit you're awfully god damn lazy!  ::)

Juan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2017, 09:57:20 AM
19.5. The Matrix. The Model.
Work?

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2017, 09:33:38 AM
Anyone thinking hurricanes are generated by Haarp (or any other artificial array)?

Yeah, Kaku really knows his shit.... ::)

You've never heard of zero point energy?  ::)...come on, listen to Art Bell or read a comic book once in a while. Geesh.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 10, 2017, 09:59:32 AM
Pretty much everything you say is 100% bullshit.  ;)

Also, why are you always trying to get us to do your calculations for you?! For someone who alludes to being a mechanic or engineer or some such bullshit you're awfully god damn lazy!  ::)

I posted the data. If you can't read or understand it, get out of your basement and flag down a passing grown up to explain it to you. I've never said I'm an engineer (You changed that from pilot I see), I just don't take what you say as fact. Why? Because you're usually full of shit.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 10, 2017, 10:07:37 AM
I posted the data. If you can't read or understand it, get out of your basement and flag down a passing grown up to explain it to you. I've never said I'm an engineer (You changed that from pilot I see), I just don't take what you say as fact. Why? Because you're usually full of shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program
The facility officially began full operations in its final 3.6 MW transmitter power completed status in the summer of 2007, yielding an effective radiated power (ERP) of 5.1 Gigawatts or 97.1 dBW at maximum output. However, the site typically operates at a fraction of that value due to the lower antenna gain exhibited at standard operational frequencies.[28]

That was 10 years ago.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on September 10, 2017, 10:04:42 AM
You've never heard of zero point energy?  ::)...come on, listen to Art Bell or read a comic book once in a while. Geesh.

Good point. What is Steven Greer's take on it? Has he advertised yet for a $400 per night stay at his ranch where he'll be happy to relieve the attendies of money?  ;D