• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

rondo

He also likes to overuse his pet adjective "riveting".

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: zeebo on December 08, 2013, 11:30:34 PM
Ha this is so true.  The other night he asked c2c's resident psychologist-on-duty this incisive question:  "Peope seem so angry nowadays - What's going on with people?"
It's the sound of his voice that is pissing people off and driving them crazy.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 07, 2013, 03:52:40 AM
Nah, as I said, I've been here in St.L since the 90's. He's what he says as far as St. Louis is concerned. Truth be told, that's partly why I do what I do here, I was an old Nighthawk listener and retain some loyalty from those days. Don't sit there and make something into a lie that might not be. You can go to Missouri Casenet and see the lawsuits, that was well-discussed here. You can look up the awards. You can do all of that shit in the internet age. But don't sit here and tell me the guy magically appeared when I was sitting here in St.L. listening to the guy in the 90s.

So what the fuck is up here, Paper? You seem bound and determined to reduce Noory to, well, something pretty low. What could the reason possibly be? I mean, you really HATE this man. I don't get it.
The almighty defender of jorch has spoken...crawl back under your rock fish face.

Despite our misgivings and united disinterest of the current incarnation of Coast to Coast AM, I say we all take one for the team to hear Ed Dames relay his information tonight. Just for some.. drinking games? Some fun?

Dames deactivated his facebook account. That or his Russian wife didn't know what buttons she was pushing..

tertiaryimam

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 09, 2013, 11:14:23 AM
Despite our misgivings and united disinterest of the current incarnation of Coast to Coast AM, I say we all take one for the team to hear Ed Dames relay his information tonight. Just for some.. drinking games? Some fun?

Dames deactivated his facebook account. That or his Russian wife didn't know what buttons she was pushing..

I thought his wife was Ukrainian.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 09, 2013, 11:14:23 AM

I'm in.

VtaGeezer

We should remember that the basic difference between Art Bell's Ed Dames; the intriguing practitioner of remote-viewing who got rich signing up we wise "old" C2C listeners for expensive seminars, and George Noory's Ed Dames; a fake with great chutzpah; is our hindsight.

coaster

I thought she left him after realizing not every American male is a four foot tall psychopath. "stop talking about dis kill shot ed. ess getting embarrassing yes?"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2013, 11:34:29 AM
Jorch's shows are screaming for a radio version of MST3K, doing C2C riffs.  All you'd need are few characters providing an ongoing comedic review of Noory's interviews.  If PremRat had any smarts, they'd have Jorch record his show during the day and then do the MST3K version with some folks like Conway during the usual C2C broadcast time.  It would be turning compost into comedy gold.

i tried this a few years ago.  i envisioned it being exactly as you describe above.  however, a few minutes into the show i couldn't take it any longer.  i ended up abandoning it to go help my wife cut onions.

ziznak

Quote from: coaster on December 09, 2013, 01:40:53 PM
I thought she left him after realizing not every American male is a four foot tall psychopath. "stop talking about dis kill shot ed. ess getting embarrassing yes?"
haha ah man to be a fly on the wall while that shit melted down!

Georgie's little kid-ification of people's name I think is definitely something he read in a self help book back in the day.  It was most likely titled "how to make friends" or something along those lines.

The paglini clip was hilarious thank yewwwwww for that.

George's use of the word "riveting" seems somewhat new to me.  I think it's only recently entered his little wheelhouse of one word shit to say when a guest stops talking.  I heard it last night while I went through his latest Pearl Harbor and Anna Nooky crap.

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2013, 11:34:29 AM
Jorch's shows are screaming for a radio version of MST3K, doing C2C riffs.  All you'd need are few characters providing an ongoing comedic review of Noory's interviews.  If PremRat had any smarts, they'd have Jorch record his show during the day and then do the MST3K version with some folks like Conway during the usual C2C broadcast time.  It would be turning compost into comedy gold.

Quote from: MV on December 09, 2013, 01:59:15 PM
i tried this a few years ago.  i envisioned it being exactly as you describe above.  however, a few minutes into the show i couldn't take it any longer.  i ended up abandoning it to go help my wife cut onions.
Now see there's an idea for yet another podcast that needs to be done.

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on December 09, 2013, 01:59:15 PM

Hahaha.  I'll give you credit for trying, MV.  I'm not sure Chuck Norris wouldn't be crying like a baby after a few minutes.

ziznak

I'll bet Ed uses the term "kill shot" in his love making... ew... disturbing

coaster

Quote from: ziznak on December 09, 2013, 03:43:36 PM
I'll bet Ed uses the term "kill shot" in his love making... ew... disturbing
His love making is done via remote viewing.

MV/Liberace!

is dames still married to the ukranian girl?  i read somewhere he was single again, but don't know if there's any truth to that.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on December 09, 2013, 04:01:30 PM
is dames still married to the ukranian girl?  i read somewhere he was single again, but don't know if there's any truth to that.
dames? truth? bwahahahahahahah

tertiaryimam

Quote from: MV on December 09, 2013, 04:01:30 PM

I did a little research. He's on this board here:

http://www.rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6450

Apparently they were still married in 2004.

[attachimg=1]

ZHero

"Dames is notorious for making predictions of catastrophic, Armageddon-like events, earning him the nickname "Dr. Doom". Examples:
According to ufowatchdog, he said the world would be destroyed by alien fungus spores in 1998.
Claimed that a wheat fungus would begin in Africa, and eventually spread to the Americas.
He claimed "a series of powerful, deadly solar flares" he termed "the killshot" would impact the Earth and wipe out civilization between 2011 and 2013.
Poor Ed Dames. If any of his various "end of the world" predictions come true, no one will be around to give him credit. But hey, two remote viewers each won the "Texas Pick Three" lottery twice. So he's got that."

Source: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ed_Dames

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ZHero on December 09, 2013, 04:18:48 PM
"Dames is notorious for making predictions of catastrophic, Armageddon-like events, earning him the nickname "Dr. Doom". Examples:
According to ufowatchdog, he said the world would be destroyed by alien fungus spores in 1998.
Claimed that a wheat fungus would begin in Africa, and eventually spread to the Americas.
He claimed "a series of powerful, deadly solar flares" he termed "the killshot" would impact the Earth and wipe out civilization between 2011 and 2013.
Poor Ed Dames. If any of his various "end of the world" predictions come true, no one will be around to give him credit. But hey, two remote viewers each won the "Texas Pick Three" lottery twice. So he's got that."

Source: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ed_Dames

hater.

ziznak

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 09, 2013, 04:11:45 PM

I did a little research. He's on this board here:

http://www.rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6450

Apparently they were still married in 2004.

[attachimg=1]
may have to drop a remote load on her

FallenSeraph

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 09, 2013, 12:04:01 PM
We should remember that the basic difference between Art Bell's Ed Dames; the intriguing practitioner of remote-viewing who got rich signing up we wise "old" C2C listeners for expensive seminars, and George Noory's Ed Dames; a fake with great chutzpah; is our hindsight.

I actually own a couple of Ed Dames' instructional remote viewing DVDs. Bought them way back in the day.

**hides face in shame**

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 09, 2013, 05:58:24 PM
I actually own a couple of Ed Dames' instructional remote viewing DVDs.

**hides face in shame**

The one time I called in to art --- no joke --- was to ask if he had the number so I could get ed dames tapes. I didn't have the money, but I sure wanted the number. I was going to save up for them.

I was 12 years old.

Shame indeed.

zeebo

Quote from: coaster on December 09, 2013, 03:52:41 PM
His love making is done via remote viewing.

Sheesh, that's old technology - nowadays we have webcams for that.

I hope a caller will challenge Dames on his 18-year-old claim that he couldn't remote view anything in the year 2013, but I doubt it. I remember the first caller I ever heard challenge Dames on the air. It was in 1998 or 1999. The caller said that nothing Dames had predicted to date had actually happened. Art cut him off quickly, and although I don't remember the exchange word for word, it went something like this:

Art: "what to you say to that, Ed? Sounds like he's too scared to face the truth."

Ed: "It's fear... just fear. The things I say are pretty grim."

The caller sounded derisive and full of mockery, not fear.

I've been thinking about the thing with Fanthorpe last week, and it disgusts me. More and more George is bailing on a guest when he finds himself out of his depth. It irritates me that nothing is mentioned about it. They don't even bother to use the bad phone line excuse anymore. Usually they go to open lines. But sometimes Tommy uses Fanthorpe  like a wad of toilet paper to wipe up George's mess. Fanthorpe is easier than open lines - you wind him up, and he talks for an hour. Lionel is too nice a guy to say: "Look, I have a dentist appointment in an hour and a half. I can't do it." He should wise up and start checking his caller ID. When he see's it's Tommy calling early in the morning, he should just let it ring.

After listening to George for almost 11 years, it is becoming increasingly obvious that Jorch is losing his programing at a faster and faster rate. One of these nights it will break down completely, like that Kony 2012 guy, Jason Russell. One night at 2:45, George will be found running naked through the streets of LA smashing car windows. Then Tommy will have pack him off to St Loius. Back to the warm and fuzzy cocoon of his family. Away from the constant patrolling of this thread and the fretting over his bad PR. Back to where he is the happiest. Back to where he belongs. With a little luck, George will recover enough to go back to doing his old Nighthawk gig. When you think about it. George's handlers were cruel to remove him from St. Louis. Kinda like taking Keiko out of the frigid waters of the Arctic and installing him in that tiny pool in Mexico City. Speaking of Keiko, not one remote viewer, witch, "psychic" or "wisdom keeper" on C2C predicted the death of Keiko in a fjord in Norway in Dec. of 2003 - and Keiko was a big deal back in the 90's and early 2000's.