• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Have you ever met or seen Art Bell in public ? ...

Started by Falkie2013, August 18, 2013, 11:11:42 PM

Falkie2013

Art must have ventured out of his man cave complex at some time other than to go to the Filipines or go on his book tour.

So I wondered if anyone has ever seen him, met him or talked to him.

I don't think this have ever been asked on here.

Eddie Coyle

No, not like anyone would mention such a thing occurring.  ???

phrodo

I think I saw him once.. but it was only a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye.... he looked dark and somewhat transparent all at the same time... but had a serene and all-knowing nature about him. I was unafraid at the time and welcomed his brief presence.

I think I met him 30 years ago. He always reminded me of a man that came and bought some used equipment from my parents. Did Art ever live in rural San Diego/Imperial County?

jazmunda

One poster on this forum has definitely met him and it was very awkward.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 19, 2013, 01:05:19 AM
I think I met him 30 years ago. He always reminded me of a man that came and bought some used equipment from my parents. Did Art ever live in rural San Diego/Imperial County?

Wasn't Art once a 9-11 dispatcher for a county or town somewhere near San Diego ?

I know he talked about it once.

Vatar

I hit up Art Bell on Echo Link (radio over internet) on a Ham Radio repeater in the Kingdom of Nye.  I could barely contain myself even though the conversation was slightly underwhelming (but let's face it when you build this moment up for years in your head it's hard to have the experience live up to expectations.)  He is one of my idols and I do feel very lucky to have had a bit of his undivided attention.

MV/Liberace!

i ran into him at aldi and asked him to sign my cat box.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on August 20, 2013, 11:37:45 AMi ran into him at aldi and asked him to sign my cat box.
Quote from: Vatar on August 20, 2013, 11:40:55 AMDid he?
Yes...after bending his head into the box, inhaling deeply, "chewing" the breath and saying, "Hmmmm. Piquant without being sharp. A not unpleasant ammonia decay as the base, which comes from China Sea dolphin, with undertones of Grand Banks cod, and a slight back-of-throat savory which is Colorado free-range mustang unless I'm badly mistaken. Quite a remarkable mix indeed." Then he handed the cat box back and was gone in an instant.

Eddie Coyle

"Hey, Artie, can ya sign my sister's tits?"

I'll say in an aristocratic accent so it's socially acceptable. He's signing radios at Pep Boys in Philadelphia,MS next Tuesday. It's the "Arts and Krafts" tour with Art and gambling Colts QB Art Schlichter and gay serial killer Randy Kraft and Patriot owner Bob Kraft. Should be cool.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on August 20, 2013, 10:40:30 PM
Yes...after bending his head into the box, inhaling deeply, "chewing" the breath and saying, "Hmmmm. Piquant without being sharp. A not unpleasant ammonia decay as the base, which comes from China Sea dolphin, with undertones of Grand Banks cod, and a slight back-of-throat savory which is Colorado free-range mustang unless I'm badly mistaken. Quite a remarkable mix indeed." Then he handed the cat box back and was gone in an instant.

that's exactly how it went down.  i don't know how you do it.

"i love it!"

Quote from: Falkie2013 on August 19, 2013, 04:18:48 AM
Wasn't Art once a 9-11 dispatcher for a county or town somewhere near San Diego ?

I will probably never know.  I just remember seeing a picture of Art and thinking he looked familiar. The guy came and bought a bunch of home satellite dish equipment from us.

Heather Wade

Yes, but I had to take a rather elaborate oath of lifetime silence.

wenck

I'm just imagining Art as a 9/11 dispatcher: "Sir, this line is for emergencies EAST of the Rockies and you are WEST of the Rockies. Goodbye."

sleeplessinca

I thought it was Monterey.

casioson

No but every time the grays take me i look around to see if he is in a nearby cage... so far i have not seen him... or the grays have a VIP room....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wenck on August 21, 2013, 07:17:10 PM
I'm just imagining Art as a 9/11 dispatcher: "Sir, this line is for emergencies EAST of the Rockies and you are WEST of the Rockies. Goodbye."

heh heh