• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151020 - David Jacobs - Hubrids Part II Take II - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 20, 2015, 08:03:02 PM

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on October 20, 2015, 11:23:04 PM
You need the whole suit for it to really work.

Quote from: norland2424 on October 20, 2015, 11:23:05 PM
You know they can interstellar travel, genetically modify humans, but they can't knock off a damn hat off your head lol

you two owe me a monitor lol

Weirdoradio

When Art goes to open lines, I seriously hope someone calls in and keeps trolling Jacobs about that hat business.

AppealPlay

I want nothing but Jacobs for a week straight.  This is golden! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Weirdoradio

Quote from: coaster on October 20, 2015, 11:24:48 PM
Anti-abduction hats. That's just nuts.

So... We aren't going halfsies on one, then?

Also Jacobs just said 'as far as I know no one's been in my bedroom.' That statement is telling.

Barfly

Quote from: Catops on October 20, 2015, 11:21:52 PM
Yeah, no, bellgabsters, you're messing with the real, experienced shared timeline here. Bukowsi and hipster really don't go together, and I speak as someone who considers both of them bullshit.
Bukowski was a drunk that wrote short stories and strange poetry, but even if you dont like Buk the movie Barfly was Mickey Rourke's finest work, now he has a plastic face.

Catsmile

I must be an abductee... I never wanna hear from Jacobs again, also. Jacobs logic. 

zeebo

Kinda sounds like this guy's describing different character classes in some sci-fi hubrid RPG.

Catops

Quote from: Barfly on October 20, 2015, 11:22:22 PM
This gentleman obviously did plenty LSD when he was younger.
how did this guy become a professor of history at Temple University?
No wonder kids are so fuked up
I don't think he did do LSD. His PhD dissertation which became a book was a decent bit of research about the UFO field. It's still of historical value. He only went off the rails after he got tenure, and in that he's hardly alone.

AppealPlay

David Jacobs needs to host the aftershow.  All I want to do is hear Jacobs ramble for hours.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Barfly on October 20, 2015, 11:26:20 PM
Bukowski was a drunk that wrote short stories and strange poetry, but even if you dont like Buk the movie Barfly was Mickey Rourke's finest work, now he has a plastic face.

Yeah Barfly was good.  Depressing, but good.  It shows alcoholism for what it is, one of the most disgusting and pitiful ways of life there is.

The hat is made of Velostat protective lining.  Don't fall for cheap knock offs.  It must be Velostat.

OdawgHI

Quote from: Dr_Blue on October 20, 2015, 10:44:50 PM
  <<<<<(passes Barfly a bottle of Jack Daniels)   :o

I am pretty sure barfly drinks Beam. To James Mac, I thought Gentleman Jack is pretty smooth if you have the cash give it a shot.

This guy must live in a fun reality if his patients who want to stop working with him or who believe his hybrid theories are nonsense are because "the aliens got to them."

AppealPlay

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on October 20, 2015, 11:28:09 PM
The hat is made of Velostat protective lining.  Don't fall for cheap knock offs.  It must be Velostat.

You know what, dude, ya gotcha anti-alien cap, ya gotcha Accutron...

Barfly

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 20, 2015, 11:22:56 PM
There are a helluva lot of hipsters who like Bukowski. The type of guy who shops at thrift stores for that oh-so-chic-and-retro look and reads William S. Burroughs and Bukowski, and only buys old vinyl records, and fancies himself deep and on the edge. And probably writes juvenile poetry too. And has a shitty indie band. That kind of hipster.

If you like philosophy check out Fanged Noumena by Nick Land. It will do your head in.
I will check him out, actually Buk is very popular with bikers.