• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Noory's guest just asked him if his typical audience listening to him each night is about 4 million.
Noory only answered "it comes and grows" ;)

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Morgus on September 09, 2014, 01:48:37 AM
Noory's guest just asked him if his typical audience listening to him each night is about 4 million.
Noory only answered "it comes and grows" ;)

He was thinking of his penis at that very moment. I'm really shocked people have made it this long without breaking the vow to be nice to Noory. The man sucks, and deserves to be slammed for what he has done to C2C.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 08, 2014, 11:36:37 PM
And now something called 'Mick Villians'. That's either evil Irishmen or Joorch's attempt to pronounce Machiavellian. Either way, he's drowning not waving here.
:)

expat

I kinda liked Lynne McTaggart until she gave that catastrophically incorrect account of particle physics. This was a classic:

LM: Drugs don't cure diseases. They're designed for maintenance.
GN: No doubt about that. We'll be right back.

CUT TO Carnivora commercial.

albrecht

Beautiful irony how George steers everything back to him and his experiences when talking to the expert on narcissism! I was just waiting for him to tell some tale about meeting Mel Gibson, or some star ("who is a big fan,") at a Hollywood restaurant or fancy hotel lobby during some "event" or something.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: albrecht on September 09, 2014, 10:05:33 AM
Beautiful irony how George steers everything back to him and his experiences when talking to the expert on narcissism!

That was rich, wasn't it? He just doesn't get it, and he never will.

Beautiful irony how George steers everything back to him and his experiences when talking to the expert on narcissism! I was just waiting for him to tell some tale about meeting Mel Gibson, or some star ("who is a big fan,") at a Hollywood restaurant or fancy hotel lobby during some "event" or something.

I didn't listen to very much, but I did hear George going on about how he never tells anyone who he is in public shortly after the guest talked about narcissists turning everything back on themselves.  Oh well, it's a natural inclination to draw from your own experiences I guess.  Not such a great attribute for a professional interviewer, perhaps.

Quote from: expat on September 09, 2014, 07:36:59 AM
I kinda liked Lynne McTaggart until she gave that catastrophically incorrect account of particle physics. This was a classic:

LM: Drugs don't cure diseases. They're designed for maintenance.
GN: No doubt about that. We'll be right back.

CUT TO Carnivora commercial.

I missed that.  I'd like to hear her take on particle physics just for kicks and giggles.

expat

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 09, 2014, 12:22:34 PM
I missed that.  I'd like to hear her take on particle physics just for kicks and giggles.

Oh it's hilarious. "If you and I are sitting a yard or so apart, the energy in the quantum field between us is enough to boil all the world's oceans."

pyewacket

Quote from: expat on September 09, 2014, 01:35:21 PM
Oh it's hilarious. "If you and I are sitting a yard or so apart, the energy in the quantum field between us is enough to boil all the world's oceans."

expat- That's the best pick up line I've heard in a long time!  ;)

Morgus

I had hoped a caller would have asked "Is a guy who has to have his name added to the title of all of his shows and has to have a big photo-shopped picture of himself with black shoe-polish in his hair at the top of his website a narcissist?"  ;D

Maybe one of the producers that booked last night's guest did so because of Noory's own narcissistic actions, but Noory didn't notice?  8)

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Morgus on September 09, 2014, 04:08:45 PM
I had hoped a caller would have asked "Is a guy who has to have his name added to the title of all of his shows and has to have a big photo-shopped picture of himself with black shoe-polish in his hair at the top of his website a narcissist?"  ;D

Maybe one of the producers that booked last night's guest did so because of Noory's own narcissistic actions, but Noory didn't notice?  8)

Ha! Perfect.
It was a truly awful interview, even by Noory's abject standards. I was astonished that he genuinely seemed to have absolutely no clue what narcissism is, or even how to pronounce it. It goes without saying that he had clearly made no effort whatsoever to gen up prior to the show. So it lurched along with ever more ludicrous and idiotic 'questions':
Presidents since Eisenhower. How many were narcissists?
Someone who is outgoing and confident. Is he a narcissist?
Does science or psychology have a position on it?
Do phobias have anything to do with it?
Etc etc ad absurdio et nauseam.
The fact that the guest seemed not to have much of a better handle on the subject didn't help.
I missed Lynne McTaggart: reading expat's comments, I'm sorry I did!

Clyde Lewis just spoke about Geogre Noory on his return show tonight. He jokingly said he looked like an overgrown Super Mario, and that he has 'differences' but has 'different shows' but he was thankful for Noory and for Noory's listeners. He also thanked Jimmy Church, among many others.

I am glad that Clyde is back.
I know some haters are existent on here of him, but I think he is a class act and is obviously dedicated to radio--even going on the air with his hospital bracelet still attached to his arm.

Quote from: expat on September 09, 2014, 01:35:21 PM

Oh, thanks expat.  That sounds like the word trinity of pseudoscience.  'Energy,' 'quantum,' and 'field.'  Put them all together linked to something about 'the planet' or something to do with waves, and you've got a perfect Noory.  I was going to say a perfect Hoagland but I think even he puts a little more analytical thought into things.

I always wonder how the intuitive scientists of the world can reject conventional science, but then use their vague understanding of quantum physics or string theory to prove their assertions.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: SnapT on September 10, 2014, 12:04:18 AM
Clyde's call-in to George was weird.

Every call to George is weird. I wouldn't be surprised if he hung up on him out of habit like he does when callers ask guests questions. Ooops... sorry Clyde, but I'm already gone.

\not listening

Immy

I'm sorry, I can't hold back anymore.

Guest: "My 2nd favorite vampire movie is The Lost Boys."

Jorch: "Kether Sutherland was in that, wasn't he?"

Guest: "He was...Jason Patric, Corey Feldman, Coray Haim...lots of famous people."

Jorch: "It jettisoned lots of careers didn't it?"  :o

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Immy on September 10, 2014, 12:58:17 AM

Guest: "He was...Jason Patric, Corey Feldman, Coray Haim...lots of famous people."

George has a thing with saying the first word that pops into his mind, or flat out agreeing with his guest even if he doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. I heard yesterdays guest make a comment when flipping through the stations about being into geek culture... and then mentioned going to Dragon Con to which George said "They sure are doing a lot of great things there aren't they?" Clearly he was in a hurry to get to one of a million Carnivora commercials.

pate

Today's show at around 3:22 into it he says something like:

"My show has hit rock bottom" or the gutter or something...

Right you are, sNoorge...

nextgen.fm

Quote from: MV on April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM
The following is a list of documented George Noory quotes. Known as "Nooryisms"... these non sequitur quips and half-witted, meandering ramblings serve only to exacerbate my feelings of disappointment over what has happened since Noory took over Coast to Coast AM. If you happen to know of others and you can document when they occurred, please post them in a reply to this topic.

"Could it be a portal?"

"I don't think there's any doubt."

"Let me tell you even I have learned some things here I didn't know about."
From Jul 19 2007. Following a round table discussion on trans-humanism.

"How 'bout a dramatic topic... trans-humanism... you know, when you just think of the word trans-humanism, you dudint think that it's that exciting but it really is!"
From July 19 2007. He really did say dudn't.

"If we all had our own solar system, we wouldn't have to worry about that."
From July 19, 2007. During a discussion on solar energy.

"Did you hear today they just found Saturn's 60th moon? I will give you one million dollars of the network's money, James, if you, in the next two minutes, can name all sixty."
From July 19, 2007.

George Noory: "Dr. Leir's website is www.alienscalpel.com. Ooh, that's scary sounding. Alien scalpel."

Dr. Roger Leir: "Well, you know me George, I don't try to scare people."

George Noory: "Yeah, with those fang teeth of yours?"
July 6, 2007.

"If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?"
July 19, 2007.

"Jim, humanity has always been looking for ways to improve on our suffering and improve on disease, aging and involuntary death..."
July 19, 2007.

"You know, Ray, everytime I think of things in the future, I think of the Jetsons."
July 19, 2007.

"Well before too long we'll all be cyborgs won't we?"
July 19, 2007.

"I would guess your mind is part of who you are."
July 19, 2007.

"If you had a chance to go back to Skull and Bones right now, as a little fly on the ointment, so to speak, what would you be looking for?"

"Gosh!"

I've been fascinated by this my entire life.

Al-ja-reeza.

"Things are never as they seem.

I should write a book. I've always wanted to write a book. I should write a book about kids who see dead people.

"Wouldn't it be amazing if one day they discover a buried UFO and flipped a switch and on it goes?" (Another non-sequitur.)

I don't believe in coincidences.

There are no coincidences.

Coincidences don't exist.

Have I ever mentioned that I don't believe in coincidences?

OK, Canadian. Don't knock our administration.

I really do believe 2012 is coming. What do you think about that?

"Well, the group mind experiments I've done on the show have been rather tentative because I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

George: "It would be great if Saddam just left Iraq, don't you think?"

Hal: "Yes, but he's not going to do that. Like last time, he's going to put his citizens in harm's way, use them as human shields, and wreak destruction on the oil fields."

George: "That's kind of selfish, isn't it?"

"Yeah, March 3rd is a full moon. When our boys go in that'd be the best time, because they'll really need the light to see." (On the Iraq invasion.)

"I truly believe there are other solar systems out there. I really do."

That'll make you want to think.

"Just let it go. Don't worry about it. If you screw up, no one will ever know." (George talking to his board operator during a break when his mic was accidentally left open.)

A story is worth a thousand words.

Richard C. Hoagland: So he used the Star Wars theme the night before the God damn war started! Can I say that on here?

George Noory: No.

Richard C. Hoagland: Oh. OK.

"That's got to be the worst luck I've ever heard of... in a very long time."

I was jumping over chairs and knocking them over with my back feet."

"Yeah. Pretty scary. But has anyone considered the people that live underground? (Referring to the Sounds From Hell clip.)

"Lex has done it again. I don't know how Lex does it." (Referring to listener-submitted photos on the website.)

"Oh, yeah."
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
Sure.
That's right.
Uh huh.
Gee.
Ha ha. That?s true.
Yeah.
I was just going to say...
Sure, yeah.
Gosh, he comes up with some great stuff.
(Noory's interactions with Michio Kaku in April of 2003.)

"He's dedicated to finding the 'Theory of Almost Everything.'"
(Referring to Michio Kaku.)

"Did he have.....Lamb Legs?"
(Referring to a half-man, half-animal thing a caller said was chasing her.)

"You know, you sound exactly like Don Johnson."
(Immediately following a lengthy monologue by guest Zeph Daniel.)

Are they called sand scripts because they were written on tablets of sand?
(To Michael Cremo, referring to the Sanskrit language.)

Chucacabra.

"Do you think asteroids have a brain and know which side of the planet to crash into?"

"You'll know how advanced they are by the amount of graffiti in the tunnels.
(Referring to Mars.)

Wagering war...

"I've got to ask you something, and this is going to be a very profound question. I want you to think for a moment, if you haven't already, and... oh, I guess you probably already have...

Can you add hydrogen to, say, gasoline... or does that defeat the purpose?"

"I want to go back to the dark ages and find out what the reason was. I think it was an asteroid or a meteor."

"Elderly Thomas Edison was elderly."
March 28, 2007.

"Bigfoot may well be an extraterrestrial, because... remember Chewbacca?"

"We're not talking about dead people. We're talking about the aliens... of their ghosts!"

"Well, with prophecy you got to see what happens."

"You do something annual every year, don't you?"

"What I do is create an aura of mystery."

"Sometimes I wish the aliens would abduct me and crown me as their leader."

"Who or what was the Great Pyramid?"

never gets old readin these

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Immy on September 10, 2014, 12:58:17 AM

Maybe he meant 'Jetsonned'? As in 'their careers took off like a flying car'?

Seriously, that once again exposes Noory as the sham he is. A man for whom words are the tools of his trade, who has no understanding of what he's doing. Here, using a word wildly out of context, unable to distinguish between 'launch' and 'jettison' and ends up saying the precise opposite of what he means. How does this happen? At best, I can only think that he made some unconscious free association between 'launch' or 'take-off' and 'jet' as in a plane taking off like a career, but the strange linguistic wiring in his brain heard 'jet' and assumed 'jettison' must describe the process of a jet becoming airborne. It's very strange.
Quit being nice to the oaf. Bereavement or not, he's a rank amateur and a charlatan. In this, as any other week, George Noory Sucks.

Beyond Bleef

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 09, 2014, 12:21:07 PM
I didn't listen to very much, but I did hear George going on about how he never tells anyone who he is in public shortly after the guest talked about narcissists turning everything back on themselves.  Oh well, it's a natural inclination to draw from your own experiences I guess.  Not such a great attribute for a professional interviewer, perhaps.

I very much doubt that George has to worry about people recognizing him in public.  If his audience is about 4 million people, that means there are about 310 million Americans who never heard of him.

Just a few days ago I was telling a friend about this guy on the radio who mispronounces common words.  I told him his name was George Noory.   I had to explain to him who Noory was.  He'd never heard of Noory or Coast to Coast AM.

I told him about how George was struggling over the word "malevolent" a few nights ago and pronounced it "muh-nev-olent."  And how he calls Dmitry Medvedev "muh-dev-dev."  He didn't laugh at Noory, he was more amazed that I would spend any time at all listening to such idiocy, despite my insomnia.

"Why do you listen to that crap?"  he asked. 

George may feel like a huge celebrity surrounded by his brainless minions at his public events but I'm quite sure the vast majority of Americans and Canadians have never heard of him and couldn't care less.

Nebraska888

The show had potential......but Noory's BORING AND REPETITVE QUESTIONS took away all hope.  :P

Nebraska888

When interviewing guests who investigate haunted places, why can't Noory ask ONE SIMPLE QUESTION????.....

"Could you give the listeners  accounts of your most interesting investigations?"  Details!  Details!  Details!  (Then shut up and let the guest share his stories.)

Shrader and Knapp know how to bring out the spooky, strange, frightening, creepy aspects of a story.....Noory is clueless.

We never heard ONE complete story of any investigations done by the Professor.....just bits and pieces....and then the program turned into something almost Garr-like.

Quote from: Nebraska888 on September 10, 2014, 07:15:18 AM
When interviewing guests who investigate haunted places, why can't Noory ask ONE SIMPLE QUESTION????.....

"Could you give the listeners  accounts of your most interesting investigations?"  Details!  Details!  Details!  (Then shut up and let the guest share his stories.)

Shrader and Knapp know how to bring out the spooky, strange, frightening, creepy aspects of a story.....Noory is clueless.

We never heard ONE complete story of any investigations done by the Professor.....just bits and pieces....and then the program turned into something almost Garr-like.

There seemed to be a lot of emphasis on child sex offenders, which seems odd when the guest was a parapsychologist.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 10, 2014, 01:42:35 PM
There seemed to be a lot of emphasis on child sex offenders, which seems odd when the guest was a parapsychologist.
I think the guy was a psychologist also, although his appearance was supposed to be about the paranormal stuff. Besides the obvious, and normal, gaffs (like "jettisoned their career" when Norry meant helped, started, etc) it was weird how he couldn't understand the differences in "sex offender" categories in some states and therefore the recidivism rate. But kept going after that subject but still clearly didn't understand it. There is a difference between, say, someone who was 18 and his girlfriend was 16 and got caught up in a statutory charge. Or the guy pissing behind a bar, or some college kid streaking at a party, or a girl showing her tits at Mardi Gras or Spring Break and getting a "public lewdness" or "public display" charge and a pedophile or rapist. Chances are, if they don't get the charge reduced, that first set of "sex offenders" have likely learned their lesson.

I don't totally buy one caller's story (about now being registered sex offender and living in his car for pissing behind a bar) but I do know DA's will threaten this. If you have a lawyer you will get out of it, I think, in most cases. Basically, the DA is just trying you to plea to the lesser charge and scare you with the "sex offender" list threat. On the other hand, pervs will often use this excuse when caught for exposing themselves etc. ("I was just pissing" etc.) Usually cops, DAs, etc can tell the difference.
-GNS

Ps: George will be ALL over this tonight:
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/solar-storm-warning-sun-shoots-x-flare-outburst-earth-n200321

Quote from: albrecht on September 10, 2014, 03:03:22 PM
...Ps: George will be ALL over this tonight:
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/solar-storm-warning-sun-shoots-x-flare-outburst-earth-n200321

From http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

QuoteActive Region 2158, now near center disk, produced a X1 (NOAA Scale R3 - Strong) solar flare today at 10/1745 UTC (Sept 10th 01:45pm EDT ). Impacts to HF radio communications on the daylight side of Earth are expected to last for more than an hour. Initial information suggests that CME is likely associated with this event, but further analysis is underway at this time.

Hopefully those radio communication disruptions will occur at 10:00 p.m. L.A. time so we won't have to hear about them.

Quote from: Morgus on September 10, 2014, 03:55:26 PM
Uh-oh, could this be Major Ed Dames infamous "solar killshot" ?  :o

I was looking at NOAA's list of warnings for today.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/archive/current_month.html

They don't seem too concerned, but watch for aurora if you're up close to the US/Canada border or further north.

George Drooly

Quote from: Morgus on September 10, 2014, 03:55:26 PM
Uh-oh, could this be Major Ed Dames infamous "solar killshot" ?  :o

What's Minor Dame Edna Dames been up to of late? Haven't heard a squeak in weeks... I imagine he's got his brown nose to the grindstone in the Ukrainian Kapital, advising the "men at the top" what their next move should(n't) be. The world draws a breath!