• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

nbirnes

Quote from: El Chorro on May 06, 2018, 12:57:05 PM
Wow. That's gotta be hard for a lot of folks to read.

It sure was for me. Once that ship sailed and we stopped cheering and waving from deck, it was horrible to realize that we were never going anywhere. Worse, once you realized it, you were already far from shore and the lifeboats were leaky.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: timebandit on May 06, 2018, 01:00:57 PM
never count heather out

Can someone fill me in on the whole heather is in a coven/witch/satanist/whatever? Is this a meme/joke or something real?

BobGrau

Finally caught up for five minutes...

I must say, for someone who refuses to answer the question "Are you Art's daughter?", she really seems to want to appear to be Art's daughter.

bobgrau@yourpullingmyleg.ic

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Juan on May 06, 2018, 12:59:05 PM
I just think that Art had wrong motives from the beginning of MITD - revenge against Cheap Channel/Premiere/IHateArtRadio. That poisoned everything that happened afterwards.

Only 155 more pages to go before the new show starts tomorrow night.
I agree with this. The thing is they won in the end anyway. I feel bad also for the people who set up the Cumulus deal and had to tell the executives it was off.

Juan

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 01:03:33 PM
Can someone fill me in on the whole heather is in a coven/witch/satanist/whatever? Is this a meme/joke or something real?
She claims to be a practicing witch. She’s said so on air numerous times.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 12:40:43 PM
Weak.  :P

although I agree with the bolded part. It would explain why Keith continued to play Art reruns for the affiliates, while playing Heather on the stream.

If Art had NO INTENTION of doing the show longterm, you can see why he would not want the Cumulus deal to go through.

Oh I like the theory, and I will totally buy step 1 Art gets a new show and step 15 Heather gets his legacy as aforethought -- to that extent we agree.  But if Art didn't bother to get Keef on board, and they screwed up every interim step in front of listeners who could cancel at any time, it's just a pipe dream, not a conspiracy.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Juan on May 06, 2018, 01:05:13 PM
Wow- Thanks. I thought that was a joke or something.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2018, 01:02:19 PM
And friendship! Praise MV. Lol.

Oh yeah, I forgot that part...

FRIENDSHIP

;D

Rico999

Keith seems to be pretty conciliatory toward Heather on the AB homepage.  Why not?  None of Heather's fans are left as subscribers and with his new host, he'll either sink or swim.

And he might be betting that this thing Heather's trying to do won't make it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on May 06, 2018, 01:04:28 PM
Finally caught up for five minutes...

I must say, for someone who refuses to answer the question "Are you Art's daughter?", she really seems to want to appear to be Art's daughter.

bobgrau@yourpullingmyleg.ic

Cynic.

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 01:07:40 PM
Wow- Thanks. I thought that was a joke or something.

It was something like, "new-reformed order of the golden dawn"...or some such shit.

I heard her mention it on air once, but cant remember the exact name of cult/coven.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 12:55:46 PM
So it all comes back to that mastermind, George Noory.

It all makes sense now.

At what point does that fucker come in here and troll us again? After Heather tanks? Or after an official year of mourning Art? Or (yack) when Heather makes the big time?

Juan

Quote from: Rico999 on May 06, 2018, 01:08:55 PM
Keith seems to be pretty conciliatory toward Heather on the AB homepage.  Why not?  None of Heather's fans are left as subscribers and with his new host, he'll either sink or swim.
His wording is rather standard in the broadcast industry when an on-air personality leaves a station. It’s bullshit, but professional.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Juan on May 06, 2018, 01:05:13 PM

practicing bitch would be more believable.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 01:11:58 PM
At what point does that fucker come in here and troll us again? After Heather tanks? Or after an official year of mourning Art? Or (yack) when Heather makes the big time?
She’s not going to make it. Lol. That made me laugh hard. Have you listened to her? She’s terrible. Like Kermit the Frog met Barry White with some mad vocal fry.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2018, 01:13:38 PM
She’s not going to make it. Lol. That made me laugh hard. Have you listened to her? She’s terrible. Like Kermit the Frog met Barry White with some mad vocal fry.

Oh, I was just being nice.  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 01:07:33 PM
Oh I like the theory, and I will totally buy step 1 Art gets a new show and step 15 Heather gets his legacy as aforethought -- to that extent we agree.  But if Art didn't bother to get Keef on board, and they screwed up every interim step in front of listeners who could cancel at any time, it's just a pipe dream, not a conspiracy.

I think Keef was onboard, untill Art passed away, and I don't think he has anything against Heather even now.  I could be wrong.

I don't think Heather got the show as an afterthought, I think it was the plan from the very beginning.  Art just took the seat for a while "in the beginning, Art took the seat", so that Heather had his name to gather subscriptions for her own show.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Rico999 on May 06, 2018, 01:08:55 PM

And he might be betting that this thing Heather's trying to do won't make it.
He's just being professional and taking the high road.

The drama probably isnt worth it and he just wants to move on- Thats what I would do given his situation since the only one this drama will help is Heather (not that its going to help her in the longrun but short term this will create a tribalism 'us against them' that will assure more support financially and otherwise coming her way than it would if both sides were ending this in a rational and mature way)

Keith needs to get past this and hope the new show takes off , which I doubt but its nothing against the host or Keith but the entire business model in this day and age and without Art Bell's carrot on the stick.

Heather needs tribalism so those wallets will open and people will feel that supporting her is some moral cause.

BobGrau

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 01:14:05 PM
Oh, I was just being nice.  ;D
It’s bellgab, you can check your niceness at the door. Lol.

Rico999

Quote from: Juan on May 06, 2018, 01:12:05 PM
His wording is rather standard in the broadcast industry when an on-air personality leaves a station. It’s bullshit, but professional.

Exactly.  Heather's going to have to learn to do promotional work -- like conventions, meet-and-greets, conferences and the like to grow her fan base.  And for crying out loud, replace that old photo with some decent publicity shots.  Hiring a good manager couldn't hurt.

Lilith

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 06, 2018, 01:14:55 PM
He's just being professional and taking the high road.

The drama probably isnt worth it and he just wants to move on- Thats what I would do given his situation since the only one this drama will help is Heather (not that its going to help her in the longrun but short term this will create a tribalism 'us against them' that will assure more support financially and otherwise coming her way than it would if both sides were ending this in a rational and mature way)

Keith needs to get past this and hope the new show takes off , which I doubt but its nothing against the host or Keith but the entire business model in this day and age and without Art Bell's carrot on the stick.

Heather needs tribalism so those wallets will open and people will feel that supporting her is some moral cause.

I hope Keiths new show works for him, I hope Heathers works for her, but sadly, I don't see that happening for either of them on a huge scale because of all the similar shows that are all over youtube nowdays for free.  They would have to come up with something truly unique and outstanding IMO.

Grifynne

The Heather Wade Fans Facebook group is getting all riled up for whatever she is doing next. They updated the banner and, for some reason, photoshopped her hair so it is over both shoulders. Not really sure why they did that. It looks like she has dog ears.

Lilith

Quote from: Rico999 on May 06, 2018, 01:18:39 PM
Exactly.  Heather's going to have to learn to do promotional work -- like conventions, meet-and-greets, conferences and the like to grow her fan base.  And for crying out loud, replace that old photo with some decent publicity shots.  Hiring a good manager couldn't hurt.

Well, that's why she has Lasha.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Grifynne on May 06, 2018, 01:22:06 PM
The Heather Wade Fans Facebook group is getting all riled up for whatever she is doing next. They updated the banner and, for some reason, photoshopped her hair so it is over both shoulders. Not really sure why they did that. It looks like she has dog ears.
Um bad shadow looks like an Adam’s apple. Jesus. Lol.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Grifynne on May 06, 2018, 01:22:06 PM
LMFAO

I wonder how many of her fans would dare say so? :P

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 06, 2018, 01:14:39 PM
I think Keef was onboard, untill Art passed away, and I don't think he has anything against Heather even now.  I could be wrong.

I don't think Heather got the show as an afterthought, I think it was the plan from the very beginning.  Art just took the seat for a while "in the beginning, Art took the seat", so that Heather had his name to gather subscriptions for her own show.

Aforethought, dear -- premeditated.  I am with you there.  Yes, she was blitzing knowing she might profit materially from those efforts long-term.  Guilty, guilty, guilty.

How this distinguishes her, except by degree, from someone like, say, Rossy escapes me, though.