• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Again more great news -- but nothing he hasn't already said.

I'd like to know what day in July the show will start. If he's said that I must have missed it.

I also find it peculiar that a man of Art's intelligence continually put's apostrophe's in plural word's.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: coaster on February 07, 2015, 10:41:05 PM
New guests. I love that idea. Although there are some interesting guests from the past, many have nothing new to say. I like the idea of giving some new folks the chance to be on. Cant wait until July.

New guests, old guest all is Good!
Growing up with parents that were 'all' paranormal, I some how turned out a complete skeptic, but enjoy a good paranormal show. If an old Guest has new material, and its entertaining, all the better. Art does an excellent job of prescreening 'old' Guest to make sure they have fresh material.

It was hoot when Major Ed remote viewed the Devil.
Imagine the fun if he remote viewed Allah

georgegoldman

I will like to listen to Art but I am not going to pay until he is on the "air" for more then 6 weeks.

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on February 07, 2015, 08:40:16 PM
Hi there,

So much speculation, GOOD! What we are going to do should be a blast in my opinion.
Just think about it three hours a night to play with any topic we wish, lots of open lines
and NEW Guests. No restrictions on topics. VERY few commercials.

The live streaming will be FREE for both National and thank goodness, International
listener's. We will provide incoming phone lines as well as Skype connections.

I am sure some topics will be loved by some and hated by others, it is never possible
to please everybody all the time, that is one of the first things any Talk Host must learn.
Some of my best shows were filled with computer messages in the first hour or so that
said things like " dump this jerk and go to open lines" but by the end of the show people
were saying "Gee Art that was one of your best shows ever". On the other hand sometimes
the jerk HAD to dumped for open lines. Many times some of the BEST shows came from open
lines. That is the magic!

No program can exist on NO income so we will depend on some aspects that we can charge for
that will include the ability to download the show once it has aired, perhaps the ability to send
a fast blast, and any other goodies we can throw in to perhaps ask for five bucks a Month from
those willing to help, but make no mistake the live stream will be free, I want NO limits on the
possible number of people who can tune in.

Art Bell

Sounds good, Art.  New guest guests, old guests...both can be good.  Yeah, there will always be some complainers but  a lot are happy and yes the guests that can bring great shows can be those that we wouldn't expect.  Looking forward to the RETURN.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: phrodo on February 07, 2015, 11:32:03 PM

I also find it peculiar that a man of Art's intelligence continually put's apostrophe's in plural word's.

Just had my Mom, aka Mrs McZippie,  remote view Art to ascertain Art's apostrophe issue.
Results:  Art was absent from school on apostrophe lesson day, because he was abuducted by Alien's, prob'ed, chip'ed and memory wiped. Little Art was then mistakenly return'd to a different dimension that has people that are grammar and punctuation anal.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:09:49 AM
I will like to listen to Art but I am not going to pay until he is on the "air" for more then 6 weeks.

Oh, come on.

georgegoldman

Quote from: MV on February 08, 2015, 12:28:57 AM
Oh, come on.
Im not going to waste my money. I do enjoy listening to Art but come on. He does has a track record of quitting/retiring on us. 

coaster

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:31:30 AM
Im not going to waste my money. I do enjoy listening to Art but come on. He does has a track record of quitting/retiring on us.
He quit on you? Had no idea Art's career revolved around georgegoldman from bellgab. lets hope he lives up to your expectations...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:31:30 AM

If five bucks represents that much of a gamble to you, my condolences on the apparent sad state of things.

georgegoldman

Quote from: coaster on February 08, 2015, 12:33:15 AM
He quit on you? Had no idea Art's career revolved around georgegoldman from bellgab. lets hope he lives up to your expectations...
He did more then "quit" on me, he quit on all of us.

Catsmile

[10 MIN] Peter Griffin hurts his knee !!

There's been no more vocal critic than I. However, there's also no bigger fan of Art Bell then I. I liked his programs long before he ever became known to most people. As much of a disappointment as he has been to me in the past decade or so, I am willing to plunk down my hard earned cash to listen to him again. Whatever it takes, whatever amount, I am in!

coaster

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:35:21 AM
No. I don't put myself in the mix when it comes to people's employment. It has nothing to do with me. And it has nothing to do with you either.

georgegoldman

Quote from: MV on February 08, 2015, 12:35:00 AM
If five bucks represents that much of a gamble to you, my condolences on the apparent sad state of things.
I would give the five bucks to falkie before I give it to art. At least Falkie has not quit on us yet.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:35:21 AM

He did what he thought was right. Whatever. Over and done with. I just think your butthurt is a little overpronounced, is all.

georgegoldman

Good Night every one. Good night Art Bell and Falkie.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:36:47 AM
I would give the five bucks to falkie before I give it to art. At least Falkie has not quit on us yet.

Then you're out of your fucking skull.

coaster

Art has nothing to prove to you, random stranger.  ::)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:38:01 AM

Your posts suck.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:36:47 AM

No worries Art, we got your back. If need be, there are others here on Bellgab, that will make sure you'll always have enough money to buy your little girl new shoes.
(Simily winky eye face crap)

Eddie Coyle

Art's losing georgegoldman from Bellgab reminds me of LBJ saying "If I've lost Walter Cronkite, I've lost Middle America".

This is a sad evening.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: georgegoldman on February 08, 2015, 12:38:01 AM

Good night, Georgie boy.

ks3484

Hi there,

Hi there you.  :) Hearing from you is like an event. Is there any chance of having live bulletin board or chat room discussions in addition to the stream? I suppose you can charge for access to the discussion events.

So much speculation, GOOD! What we are going to do should be a blast in my opinion.
Just think about it three hours a night to play with any topic we wish, lots of open lines
and NEW Guests. No restrictions on topics. VERY few commercials.

What if 3 hours is not enough? Art, if you have a guest on or a topic being discussed and it cries out for more time to flesh it out will you be able to allocate the subject more time?  

The live streaming will be FREE for both National and thank goodness, International
listener's. We will provide incoming phone lines as well as Skype connections.

What about faxes? Will there be a fax machine to send you information?

I am sure some topics will be loved by some and hated by others, it is never possible
to please everybody all the time, that is one of the first things any Talk Host must learn.
Some of my best shows were filled with computer messages in the first hour or so that
said things like " dump this jerk and go to open lines" but by the end of the show people
were saying "Gee Art that was one of your best shows ever". On the other hand sometimes
the jerk HAD to dumped for open lines. Many times some of the BEST shows came from open
lines. That is the magic!

So what you're saying is that unless you concur with the audience about dumping guests, then the guests wins out?

No program can exist on NO income so we will depend on some aspects that we can charge for
that will include the ability to download the show once it has aired, perhaps the ability to send
a fast blast, and any other goodies we can throw in to perhaps ask for five bucks a Month from
those willing to help, but make no mistake the live stream will be free, I want NO limits on the
possible number of people who can tune in.

This I can understand. might I make a few suggestions? What if Dark Matter T-shirts were printed, and sold with different characters and subjects every month. Here is an outfit that will be able to print and sell the T-shirts for Dark Matter on a monthly basis:

<a href=http://www.booster.com/how-it-works/>T-Shirts at Booster.com T-Shirts at Booster.com</a> Remember, a Booster is so much more than a fundraiser. T-shirts raise awareness, boost spirits and create a connection like nothing else.  Select the type of campaign you want to run, A T-shirt Campaign or A Donation Campaign.

In addition to the T-shirts you might think about selling a monthly Dark Matter News Letter. Like you did with After Dark news letter.

Art Bell
Continue To Chronicle Your Observations, Art!!!

MV/Liberace!

Hey, Art. I think it would be a fresh approach to seek out a few guests who refute some of the things your most popular 1990s guests used to say.

This is based on a false premise - it's not going to be a subscription for a year in advance, you won't need to buy any special equipment

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on February 08, 2015, 12:52:19 AM
Hey, Art. I think it would be a fresh approach to seek out a few guests who refute some of the things your most popular 1990s guests used to say.

Reported. Stop giving Noory ideas.

Having said that I like this idea. I like it a lot.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 08, 2015, 12:53:03 AM
This is based on a false premise - it's not going to be a subscription for a year in advance, you won't need to buy any special equipment

I don't know. I think in order to hear Art's new show I'll be purchasing one of these.

zeebo

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 08, 2015, 12:47:35 AM
    Art's losing georgegoldman from Bellgab reminds me of LBJ saying "If I've lost Walter Cronkite, I've lost Middle America".

This skepticism from none other than georgegoldman from bellgab is making me rethink everything.