• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

So... I've been the biggest Richard fan girl here. And I don't even want to listen to the show anymore. I created this image of Richard, in my head, of being a fun carefree crazy person. But to find out the truth... to find out how he treated Rossy (the man who made the show what it is) just is really upsetting. The magic is gone, and quite frankly, I am thinking about just quitting the show permanently.

#teamrossy

I don't think I'll be here tonight. Richard talking about Iron Mountain isn't very interesting. I see Robin is booked again. zzzzz I may be around for Art but I don't know. I'll probably be around bellgab a lot less now (not that many will miss me!).

I feel a bit sick that a show I loved was the result of Richard treating Rossy, someone who I adore, like a slave. I don't like the idea that I got so much enjoyment out of someone I adore being treated like shit. We had a lot of fun in this thread but I don't it can ever be the same again.

trostol

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
So... I've been the biggest Richard fan girl here. And I don't even want to listen to the show anymore. I created this image of Richard, in my head, of being a fun carefree crazy person. But to find out the truth... to find out how he treated Rossy (the man who made the show what it is) just is really upsetting. The magic is gone, and quite frankly, I am thinking about just quitting the show permanently.

#teamrossy

I don't think I'll be here tonight. Richard talking about Iron Mountain isn't very interesting. I see Robin is booked again. zzzzz I may be around for Art but I don't know. I'll probably be around bellgab a lot less now (not that many will miss me!).

I feel a bit sick that a show I loved was the result of Richard treating Rossy, someone who I adore, like a slave. I don't like the idea that I got so much enjoyment out of someone I adore being treated like shit. We had a lot of fun in this thread but I don't it can ever be the same again.

i hear ya..i may hang out on the forum tonight but neither show is appealing to me tonight

nbirnes

#teamrossy

You might want to pop into Bella-Haven for some nice coffee and general camaraderie. Some of us have been there ... and I love your posts in the nightly Art Bell thread. Don't go ... not over Hoagy.

coaster

I will never listen to Hoagland again. Hoagland is a delusional  nutcase. Trash. Fuck him.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 13, 2015, 05:15:22 PM
I'm not going anywhere haha just onto better things, and if things turn out well, you'll be hearing from me sooner than later.
Yeah!  What Rossy said!!!  ;D

starrmtn001

RCH.  Ass-bit by his own Braaps!  Do not mess with the power of the "GAB!"

K_Dubb

#teamrossy

Yeah Rossy was a character reference in addition to being a kick-ass producer.  Neither of which he deserved.  I'm genuinely sad for a show I really loved.

coaster

Hoagland is mentally ill. At least I can get to sleep a couple hours earlier now that I won't be listening.

trostol

sadly at the end of the day..unless Dick goes completely nuts..as Ross said we here at Bellgab are a small sampling of his audience and we are more offended/irked due to Ross being one of our own...so unless Dick and new producer take it into a really..awful direction..it wont matter much

albrecht

So is anybody reevaluating the dispute and "bet" with Norry? Nah, GNS still also.

AppealPlay

Listened to the archive or at least some of it as I could t finish it.  That show was awful.

zeebo

Hoagie, with Rossy's help, had a chance to be Coke Classic.  Now he's going for New Coke.  Or maybe it's Mr. Pibb.  Either way, unless something changes, I'll probably switch to Xena re-runs on Netflix.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on October 13, 2015, 07:37:46 PM
Hoagie, with Rossy's help, had a chance to be Coke Classic.  Now he's going for New Coke.  Or maybe it's Mr. Pibb.  Either way, unless something changes, I'll probably switch to Xena re-runs on Netflix.

i can catch up on reading and binge watching of x-files lol

Bonanza Pilot

Damn, I was seriously considering subscribing. I probably would never use the archive, but wanted to support the show. No more.

I was really hoping the friendly, but kooky Dick Cavett persona was real. I feel bad that I was so close to being a full blown sucker by taking the bait and subscribing. I've never had any interaction with Rossy, but treating people in general that way is more than enough reason to not give RCH one red cent.

Popping in during a commercial from the Democratic debate (woo).

I think it's best that none of us email Richard, or call his show and just let him fade into the night. He had his 15 minutes of being well loved by our vaguely lovable community and now we will ignore him (I mostly certainly will). I hope everyone supports Rossy and cancels their subscriptions.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 08:31:57 PM
Popping in during a commercial from the Democratic debate (woo).

I think it's best that none of us email Richard, or call his show and just let him fade into the night. He had his 15 minutes of being well loved by our vaguely lovable community and now we will ignore him (I mostly certainly will). I hope everyone supports Rossy and cancels their subscriptions.

Vote for Webb, please.  He's the best of the candidates on the left and I wouldn't be too terribly angry if he were elected.  At least I wouldn't feel like drinking my sorrow away.  I feel like Webb has something of his soul left at least.

Mark my words: This show will explode into a fiery catastrophe within eight weeks and then Hollywood Hoagland will disappear from our consciousness after an amazing temper tantrum. Hopefully Art is insulated from this lunatic because he could make Leo's temper tantrum look like nothing.

It'll be interesting to see how he worms his way back into the Coast fold once he bombs out here.

AppealPlay

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 13, 2015, 08:36:17 PM
Mark my words: This show will explode into a fiery catastrophe within eight weeks and then Hollywood Hoagland will disappear from our consciousness after an amazing temper tantrum. Hopefully Art is insulated from this lunatic because he could make Leo's temper tantrum look like nothing.

It'll be interesting to see how he worms his way back into the Coast fold once he bombs out here.

Dude.  I can feel your hate through my monitor. ???

GravitySucks

This is all my fault. I PM'd Rossy constantlty telling him that he had to tie a noose around RCH's nut sack and have Robin yank the end everytime RCH started stepping on guests and/or callers.

Obviously Rossy acted on my sage advice and sometime between the 19th and 20th yank on the nut sack noose, RCH finally busted a nut.

To all Bell Gabbers everywhere, I am truly sorry for any pain I caused. I am sure now, that in retrospect, Robin is too.

I stand by my position that it was sage advice.

AppealPlay

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 13, 2015, 08:39:15 PM
This is all my fault. I PM'd Rossy constantlty telling him that he had to tie a noose around RCH's nut sack and have Robin yank the end everytime RCH started stepping on guests and/or callers.

Obviously Rossy acted on my sage advice and sometime between the 19th and 20th yank on the nut sack noose, RCH finally busted a nut.

To all Bell Gabbers everywhere, I am truly sorry for any pain I caused. I am sure now, that in retrospect, Robin is too.

I stand by my position that it was sage advice.

AppealPlay

I hope Hoagie fades away forever.  What Hoagie has done to Ross is completely unacceptable.  He's a total asshole and I'm completely done with him. >:(

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 13, 2015, 08:33:40 PM
Vote for Webb, please.  He's the best of the candidates on the left and I wouldn't be too terribly angry if he were elected.  At least I wouldn't feel like drinking my sorrow away.  I feel like Webb has something of his soul left at least.

Why would I vote for the Republican? ;)

I think it'll be a Clinton / O'Malley ticket. O'Malley has really done well in this debate. I love Bernie but he hasn't had the greatest debate sadly.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 08:50:38 PM
Why would I vote for the Republican? ;)

I think it'll be a Clinton / O'Malley ticket. O'Malley has really done well in this debate. I love Bernie but he hasn't had the greatest debate sadly.

Your words make me sad. :'(

AppealPlay

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 08:56:37 PM
I know! I was hoping Bernie would do better too.

Let's get back to hating that scumbag Hoagie.  He sucks.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 13, 2015, 08:57:55 PM
Let's get back to hating that scumbag Hoagie.  He sucks.

Damn. I can feel your hate through my monitor.  ;D

AppealPlay

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 13, 2015, 08:58:50 PM
Damn. I can feel your hate through my monitor.  ;D

I saw the light after that post.  I got my pitchfork and I'm now all in with the Hoagie hate.

The nature of the relationship between Hoagland and Ross still appears indeterminate.  There's not enough data to make a judgement.