• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 17, 2016, 02:59:39 PM
Just for you Bobo - The '73 Belmont - Secretariat by 31 lengths
I will just leave this here...
A Lyra plushie[1] doll was placed for sale on the online auction site The Dealers Den by DeviantArt user Hoppip[2] on May 27th, 2012 (shown below). The stuffed toy came with removable clothing and “a special hole in her butt that you can stick your penis in,” according to the seller’s description. The product page included tips on how to clean the toy and an option to purchase a slightly different model without the hole. The auction was closed on June 3rd with 134 bids present and was sold for £460 GBP or $704 USD.

Also...

Quote from: WOTR on May 17, 2016, 03:29:48 PM
I will just leave this here...
A Lyra plushie[1] doll was placed for sale on the online auction site The Dealers Den by DeviantArt user Hoppip[2] on May 27th, 2012 (shown below). The stuffed toy came with removable clothing and “a special hole in her butt that you can stick your penis in,” according to the seller’s description. The product page included tips on how to clean the toy and an option to purchase a slightly different model without the hole. The auction was closed on June 3rd with 134 bids present and was sold for £460 GBP or $704 USD.

OMG.

Your post inspired me to back and read page 1 of this thread.   What a long, strange trip it has been..............

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: bobo17 on May 17, 2016, 02:06:00 PM
folks
can we ALL please get back to me and the upcoming MEETING?
i need a list of bellgabbers that want to attend.
The proposed date is the weak of june 7.
i am arranging flights for everyone and hotels and transportation.
Art is fealing a lot better and so am i.
i am cured there is not doubt about it.
i have taken abuse, but i am happy that i was man enough to address the issue and get help.
i admitted what happened and addressed it and moved on.

NOW ...lets get back to the bussiness of the MEETING
what are the deliverables that people want out of the MEETING?
if you can reply pubicly on this board that would be much apreciated.

thanks again for all the inbox messages of support
its great to be back and active again on bellgab.

bobo

[/Great to hear from you Art ........ how're things ?b]

MikeJ

Quote from: VoteQuimby on May 17, 2016, 03:09:04 PM
Same here, Art Bell pretty much annoys the bejeezies out of me now. I can tell when he's performing now and every time he's performing I feel like I'm getting worked as a mark.

I sometimes listen to the old shows, but only for a few minutes before I fall asleep.  Also, I listen to Art only if Dave Schrader's show is not interesting or gets too immature.

JesusJuice

Art has stopped shilling Art Bell's Midnight In The Desert featuring Heather Wade on his Twitter. He was only able to shill for a week and a half before he quit.

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 17, 2016, 08:00:26 PM
Art has stopped shilling Art Bell's Midnight In The Desert featuring Heather Wade on his Twitter. He was only able to shill for a week and a half before he quit.

Didn't you die?

norland2424

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 17, 2016, 08:00:26 PM

Quote from: norland2424 on May 17, 2016, 08:20:30 PM

It is strange that he arose from the dead in Art's thread and not Amy's thread.

73s

I too feel a little bummed out at how Art has faded off. I don't get the enigmatic weirdness. Why he says one thing then does another and never an explanation. Maybe his health really has rapidly declined this year. Or maybe he just really hates doing radio now. I really expected he'd do MITD once a week or so. But he isn't going to tell us his plans now I guess and even if he did they might change.

On a side topic, regarding MITD shilling, I find it slightly disappointing that he doesn't also shill a bit for Amy. She has a different time slot than MITD and is being very respectful of that program and only has positive things to say. I would think he might have some pride that another person is giving radio a serious push (seemingly mostly on her own) and who owes some of her start to working with Art. Can't he promote additional shows?

Catsmile

Quote from: 73s on May 17, 2016, 08:25:30 PM
I too feel a little bummed out at how Art has faded off. I don't get the enigmatic weirdness. Why he says one thing then does another and never an explanation. Maybe his health really has rapidly declined this year. Or maybe he just really hates doing radio now. I really expected he'd do MITD once a week or so. But he isn't going to tell us his plans now I guess and even if he did they might change.

On a side topic, regarding MITD shilling, I find it slightly disappointing that he doesn't also shill a bit for Amy. She has a different time slot than MITD and is being very respectful of that program and only has positive things to say. I would think he might have some pride that another person is giving radio a serious push (seemingly mostly on her own) and who owes some of her start to working with Art. Can't he promote additional shows?

The Stalker made him sign a non-compete...

trostol

not on the network most likely why..that and probably not A caring or b even knowing about it

bateman

Quote from: trostol on May 17, 2016, 08:30:24 PM
not on the network most likely why..that and probably not A caring or b even knowing about it

He never even acknowledged the other DMDN shows when he was on there.

Quote from: bateman on May 17, 2016, 08:31:03 PM

If you were Art would you acknowledge the fact that Richard C. Hoagland had a better, more entertaining, show than you? At least with Heather he can still look like a great host in comparison. It's all about Art's ego.

malliard

DMDN doesn't even acknowledge some of its own shows on it is own website....

trostol

this is true..but how many where actually..live shows? lol

K_Dubb

I too feel a little bummed out at how Art has faded off. I don't get the enigmatic weirdness. Why he says one thing then does another and never an explanation...

Under old-school rules a real man never explains himself.  I don't think his attempts to do so have won him much sympathy, so I don't blame him for reverting to type.

bateman

Quote from: trostol on May 17, 2016, 08:45:57 PM
this is true..but how many where actually..live shows? lol

Doesn't matter. Acknowledging that other human beings were putting out shows (for free) to help build up the network for Massa Art would have been a nice thing to do. But it was never about the network, it was always about Art.

bateman

Quote from: Darth Sandra on May 17, 2016, 08:36:41 PM
If you were Art would you acknowledge the fact that Richard C. Hoagland had a better, more entertaining, show than you? At least with Heather he can still look like a great host in comparison. It's all about Art's ego.

Some have theorized that's exactly why Heather's there.

ItsOver

...But he isn't going to tell us his plans now I guess and even if he did they might change.
Yes, that and the "drama queen stuff."  He did say he was going to return to broadcasting, once his SiriusXM noncompete was up and he did do that.  I'll give him credit for that.  In retrospect, though, it probably would have been better if he hadn't started MITD.  The debacle just added further to the "quitting rep" and left us wondering how the hell we ended up with Ms. Wade.

JesusJuice

Art responded to a 'People Who Miss Art Bell' Facebook post last week. Apologies if this is a repost here.

"Heather is improving all the time" will now replace "Heather is getting better by the day".

ge30542

When Mrs Bell shut him down, she did so, completely.
"No shilling Art" she said. "Spend more time with your daughter and me".

cweb

Quote from: ItsOver on May 17, 2016, 09:03:03 PM
Yes, that and the "drama queen stuff."  He did say he was going to return to broadcasting, once his SiriusXM noncompete was up and he did do that.  I'll give him credit for that.  In retrospect, though, it probably would have been better if he hadn't started MITD.  The debacle just added further to the "quitting rep" and left us wondering how the hell we ended up with Ms. Wade.
Part of the problem was that he got too excited too fast and didn't do much to manage expectations. If that's just how he is, so be it. He went all-in going five days a week, instead of just doing one or two shows a week like many people thought made more sense. Stalker or not, this may have helped burn out the Art Bell-hosted MITD.

ItsOver

Thanks for posting the message from Art.  Don't worry, Art.  I'm not listening to MITD.  At least I can laugh at Noory and still enjoy Knapp.  MITD just makes me cringe and shake my head in disappointment.

trostol

for all the ..they get it..Art clearly...doesn't

I have a feeling Art's about to make a dramatic return.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on May 17, 2016, 09:45:47 PM
I have a feeling Art's about to make a dramatic return.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How dare you mock him, he did survive this onslaught with only his glock and one mag

... I would think he might have some pride...

If only

effluenza

Art and his shilling for MITD are becoming irrelevant as he posted this comment on his Facebook nearly an hour ago and has had no comments and only a few likes.

Quote from: norland2424 on May 17, 2016, 09:51:40 PM
How dare you mock him, he did survive this onslaught with only his glock and one mag

Well, that was violent. If anyone could survive that, it would be Art.

ge30542