• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: WildCard on January 13, 2015, 08:12:19 AM
Fuck those people.
Loved, "The Original Series". Heard the original cast wanted too much money so the studios resorted to, "The Next Generation". Never could get into those.

Loved, "Star Trek" from the "Alternate Reality films". Haven't seen, "Star Trek Into Darkness".

I heard that too about the original series cast.  You might dig the 2009 Star Trek.  I was skeptical, but it's awesome.

aldousburbank

[embarrassed]

[attachimg=1]

[/embarrassed]

analog kid

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 16, 2015, 11:49:45 PM
[embarrassed]

[attachimg=1]

[/embarrassed]

Never heard anything from that album except Working Man. Which I never cared for that much...

Heather Wade

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 16, 2015, 11:49:45 PM
[embarrassed]

[attachimg=1]

[/embarrassed]

Heh heh, you went 72 hours straight listening to Rush, didn't you?  It's a fact of rock n roll science that you are now a permanent fan.  Geddy Lee! \m/, 
No need for embarrassment.  I can think of a lot worse things than being a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude who's seriously digging Rush lately.   8)

I'm on a Voyager marathon, so, if it's any consolation, my embarrassment may eclipse yours.  I'm off to engineering, there's a phase variance in the plasma manifolds that needs my attention.  Live long & prosper, amigo. 

b_dubb

We're still waiting for pics of you in the augurs costume. jazmunda invested a week's pay in a high perf wrist brace

Heather Wade

Quote from: b_dubb on January 17, 2015, 01:59:53 PM
We're still waiting for pics of you in the augurs costume. jazmunda invested a week's pay in a high perf wrist brace

Alas, I wore Uhura's dress for Halloween long ago, in the time before everyone had a camera.  I am on the very serious & critical mission of boldly searching for a uniform of my own.  Dorky, but it brings me joy & I couldn't care less what anyone thinks. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 17, 2015, 01:52:05 PM

Heh heh, you went 72 hours straight listening to Rush, didn't you?  It's a fact of rock n roll science that you are now a permanent fan.  Geddy Lee! \m/, 
No need for embarrassment.  I can think of a lot worse things than being a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude who's seriously digging Rush lately.   8)

I'm on a Voyager marathon, so, if it's any consolation, my embarrassment may eclipse yours.  I'm off to engineering, there's a phase variance in the plasma manifolds that needs my attention.  Live long & prosper, amigo. 
I luvz me some Voyager!

Business travel generally sucks.  But dive bars are great.  Chicago tonight, nice bar maid.

[attachimg=1]

When culinary improvisation results in something totally scrumptious, like the chorizo, portobello, shallot, green pepper, and spinach quiche I whipped together last night. Damn, that was good!

WildCard

Sativa!

I thought this was D-14 but that can't be right. I'm not stoned. I'm hi.

WildCard

Update - "Bruce Banner <...> effects come on quickly and strong and then tend to settle into a euphoric and creative buzz. The sativa effects of this strain are most evident and linger mostly in the head..."
- http://www.leafly.com/hybrid/bruce-banner

That's cool and all, but I object to male names for a female plant.

aldousburbank

Quote from: WildCard on January 22, 2015, 09:22:21 PM
Update - "Bruce Banner...

That's cool and all, but I object to male names for a female plant.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 20, 2015, 01:05:14 PM
When culinary improvisation results in something totally scrumptious, like the chorizo, portobello, shallot, green pepper, and spinach quiche I whipped together last night. Damn, that was good!

Happy Omelette!

aldousburbank

Rush touring AND Art Bell in 2015. Thank you Universe!

http://youtu.be/USfsPTwSinw

aldousburbank

Being a hippie, I play guitar and write songs because well, being a hippie you have to play guitar and write songs. So anyhoo, there are oh, some songs, just one every once in every few years that just fall out of the head and through the heart into the fingers and onto the strings like warm honey onto a happy pancake at a Golden Gate Park Human Be In when the spinner girls are dancing in the sunshine. Man I love when that happens!

aldousburbank

The nicest person in the world, my momz, is 90 years young today!

maureen

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 05, 2015, 09:28:12 AM
blessings upon your momz for having such a lovely son!!

aldousburbank

Quote from: maureen on February 05, 2015, 11:04:42 AM
blessings upon your momz for having such a lovely son!!

[embarrassed]
Well, I did send her 90 roses and am traveling to be with her on Saturday so...

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 05, 2015, 11:34:46 AM
[embarrassed]
Well, I did send her 90 roses and am traveling to be with her on Saturday so...

That's fantabulous, Aldous!  Hope she's doing well.  Mine turns 89 in a couple of weeks and she still bums cigarettes from me! 

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 05, 2015, 09:28:12 AM

Add a Happy Birthday to your mom from me, aldous!!  :) :)

I was going to head to "annoy" thread and complain about snow again.
Then I went out to my car and saw very many tracks in the snow.  Up and down the driveway, in the front and back yards, and in the empty lot between my neighbor and me, three very large deer staring at me....I just froze and watched them for what seemed like a long time.  They slowly(I can't believe I didn't spook them) wandered on down toward the road and crossed into the woods.  And now I can't stop smiling. 
Sometimes I forget to appreciate the simple things.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Treading Water on February 05, 2015, 01:04:54 PM
I was going to head to "annoy" thread and complain about snow again.
Then I went out to my car and saw very many tracks in the snow.  Up and down the driveway, in the front and back yards, and in the empty lot between my neighbor and me, three very large deer staring at me....I just froze and watched them for what seemed like a long time.  They slowly(I can't believe I didn't spook them) wandered on down toward the road and crossed into the woods.  And now I can't stop smiling. 
Sometimes I forget to appreciate the simple things.

Boo tee full magic moment.   ;D

Just heard this on Demented Radio and it made me guffaw. Wryly funny stuff!  ;D

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=The+Credibility+Gap+An+Evening+With+Sly+Stone

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Treading Water on February 05, 2015, 12:52:42 PM

Add a Happy Birthday to your mom from me, aldous!!  :) :)

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 05, 2015, 12:29:25 PM
That's fantabulous, Aldous!  Hope she's doing well.  Mine turns 89 in a couple of weeks and she still bums cigarettes from me! 

I'm sure you both do; but cherish the time left.  :)