• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 18, 2015, 09:41:14 PM
Kenny Young as guest?

YES SIR! Wow, just really, really good! Art's voice now in 2015 actually sounds a little deeper and more flavorful!

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 18, 2015, 09:41:49 PM
  Sorry to expand this beyond Art, but I am flabbergasted.  Actually, I am hoping Art and/or Keith sees this.

Solaris BlueRaven
6:45 PM (10 minutes ago)

to me
ME TO SOLARIS:

Message : The Vatican did NOT name the telescope it uses 'Lucifer.' C'mon. This is an obvious and easy fact check. It undermines everything the guest has said.http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=892382

SOLARIS TO ME:

Seriously,

Get a life. I have heard many guests make this comment. Stop trolling my show.
Do NOT use my webs form for my website to spew your shit!

I have no tolerance for people like you who have nothing better to do. Stop listening to my radio show. That will solve your issues! TROLL

My website is for clients.

Ms.BlueRaven

Solaris BlueRaven
6:49 PM (6 minutes ago)

to me
p.s. Don't google for fact checking buddy. You will be very disappointed! Do not contact me again.If you knew what I knew about covert technology you would have a nervous breakdown. Swim in the shallow end of the pool.

Lou Sheehan <lsheeh14@students.kgi.edu>
6:52 PM (2 minutes ago)

to Solaris
Solaris, I have sent very supportive messages to you in the past.  That guest was a bust.  If that offends you so be it.  I would like to think you are above threats like you have ... shared.  Way over the line.  But I have held that guests assertions up s an example.

I can even share you threats with many people.  I can blog about them.  La de dah!

Solaris is to me:

Solaris BlueRaven
6:53 PM (6 minutes ago)

to me
You have no class. You have been warned! Do not contact me again!

Charming to the last.

PING

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 07:28:51 PM
Speaking of Kaku. Can we get some MITD love?

Doesn't Kaku have his own radio show now? http://www.trn1.com/michio-about I'd think they wouldn't want him on another show, even if it's just a little internet show (kidding Art!)

FWIW Art is one notch above Jerry Doyle (whom I love, same network as Kaku) in the Top 25 streams.

starrmtn001

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 18, 2015, 09:37:39 PM
Solaris is on DM Network.  Tuesday nights  before Dr. J and then comes Art Bell.  [Or are you really saying she and her show are essentially off the radar?]

How dare you question me.  I know how to attack your computer.  <---- Just kidding.
I listened to her, once, for about a minute.  You forgot to mention her sweet and soothing voice . . . NOT!  Sounds like sandpaper speak.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 18, 2015, 09:42:07 PM
When he started out he was Dick. He slowly evolved to Richard. Then one day he was Dick again.

No! The Dick-Richard.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 09:46:42 PM
Doesn't Kaku have his own radio show now? http://www.trn1.com/michio-about I'd think they wouldn't want him on another show, even if it's just a little internet show (kidding Art!)

FWIW Art is one notch above Jerry Doyle (whom I love, same network as Kaku) in the Top 25 streams.
I heard a little bit of his show last night when channel surfing, but I was looking for the Cubs game so I didn't listen long.

albrecht

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 18, 2015, 09:37:39 PM
Solaris is on DM Network.  Tuesday nights  before Dr. J and then comes Art Bell.  [Or are you really saying she and her show are essentially off the radar?]

How dare you question me.  I know how to attack your computer.  <---- Just kidding.
Woah. Let's back this MAD scenario up a bit. Granted, and I say with kid gloves because some people here might dispute, but I still don't think RUSH are CIA and messing\stalking with people or even the best band ever? And couldn't/wouldn't "they" create even better band for their manipulations/targeting of the populace (and individuals?) Then again...they do rock and have some good stuff.....

chefist

Stupid question...did Art have the "East and West of the Rockies" lines because he wanted to split the calls evenly across the country? At the time there was no caller ID OR a way to know where the area code was coming from...just curious...

Catsmile

Quote from: MV on October 18, 2015, 09:34:33 PM
who?

Damnit Bobby! Why-ja haft-ta pull at that thread?!

Catsmile

Quote from: MV on October 18, 2015, 09:36:13 PM
i have it playing 24/7 from a small speaker just above my 3 month old daughter's bed.  so pound it, buddy.   ;)

Are you tryin' to make-uh mean baby?

PING

Quote from: chefist on October 18, 2015, 09:40:17 PM
I'm listening to the Feb, 26 1999 Trumbull County UFO incident from SIT...has anyone heard that one? It is really an amazing show! OMG! I would love a new UFO story like that on MITD!

You asked a while back for our faves from the archive. I listed that in my top 3 all time. I told you that you'd love that one. Absolutely amazing show!

Dave wouldn't know what to do with it if he got something similar today.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: MV on October 18, 2015, 09:41:29 PM
i have a life, sir.  can anyone summarize it in a sentence or two?

Hoagland treated Ross like crap, refused to pay him, said he owned him, told him that he was more important than Ross's family etc. You know, psychopath stuff. So Ross bolted and the wrath of Bellgab fell upon RCH.

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on October 18, 2015, 09:50:04 PM
Stupid question...did Art have the "East and West of the Rockies" lines because he wanted to split the calls evenly across the country? At the time there was no caller ID OR a way to know where the area code was coming from...just curious...
I had caller ID in the 90s. Art used to ask where calleds were from and I remember him politely dumping callers if they called the wrong number.

PING

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 18, 2015, 09:41:14 PM
Kenny Young as guest?

Only if he comes on an EVP show. Sadly he passed away a few years ago.

AppealPlay

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 09:54:51 PM

Hah!  No, I was referencing the SIT show chefist is listening to.  Kenny Young was the guest on that show.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 18, 2015, 09:54:21 PM
Hoagland treated Ross like crap, refused to pay him, said he owned him, told him that he was more important than Ross's family etc. You know, psychopath stuff. So Ross bolted and the wrath of Bellgab fell upon RCH.
Wow, i liked my version better. If you want to know why his show won't last, just listen to all of the shows from last week.

AppealPlay

Quote from: trostol on October 18, 2015, 09:55:02 PM
how about Kenny Powers?

The last season of EB&D was dreadful.

chefist

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 09:53:39 PM
You asked a while back for our faves from the archive. I listed that in my top 3 all time. I told you that you'd love that one. Absolutely amazing show!

PING you are so right! I'm at the point where the cops are calling it in and telling everyone to go outside the police station to verify for themselves! Just amazing! And the jokes by the cops are spectacular! LOL  ;D

chefist

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 09:54:51 PM

Oh wow...too bad...he sounded young! hard to find guests that would bring such content!

Starshina

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 18, 2015, 08:48:52 PM
Tyson is worse than Kaku, I'll give you that.  Surely in the world of academia we can find one good physicist without an astronomically sized ego.
I really like Jim Al-Khalili, does a lot of work for the BBC, great radio voice and I think would be good for a long-form interview with Art about CERN or quantum biology.

LouSheehan

Are you able to post the link?

chefist

It quickly went from joking to being VERY, VERY serious...the police and dispatchers were clearly agitated and nervous...one police officer actually went back to the station and picked up the dispatcher making the jokes so she would be convinced....

I remember this on Paranormal Witness on season 1, episode 5! The fact Art had this when is actually happened is beyond cool!

LouSheehan

Quote from: rekcuf on October 18, 2015, 09:45:32 PM
Charming to the last.   
I didn't leave anything out. i.e., no editing.  Thanks for paying attention. 

LouSheehan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 18, 2015, 09:54:21 PM

Oh.

LouSheehan

Quote from: trostol on October 18, 2015, 09:44:20 PM
sounds crazy to me
I didn't leave anything out. i.e., no editing.  Thanks for paying attention. 

PING

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 08:12:13 PM
Exactly. Also they should try to get Bill Nye the Science Guy for the same reason. Both have a huge following on Social Media. If they tweet out that they are going to be on with Art then that could generate a lot of new listeners for Art. Also having their names attached to videos on Art's YouTube channel could get people searching for their content then stumbling upon Art's interviews with them and then to all of Art's other content.

Another guest that has huge social media reach would be Tim Ferriss, He's written a couple of books (four hour workweek, four hour body, four hour chef; sensing a theme?) He also has a huge following on twitter and a podcast that does tons of downloads every week.

He's not paranormal/woo-woo per se, but he does a lot on peak performance and what top achievers do in a lot of different fields. He's had HHH, Tony Robbins, Arnold Schwarzenegger along with a lot of non celebrities but tops in their particular niches. He also has a younger, hipper & more intelligent audience than some other shows out there (howdy Dave!)

Ideally Ferriss could interview Art to give us more insight into exactly why he's so successful at what he does (and plug MITD to his Twitter followers/podcast listeners), then Art interviews him on MITD & gets even more exposure. Win-win.

Just an idea for more exposure

LouSheehan

Quote from: chefist on October 18, 2015, 09:40:17 PM
I'm listening to the Feb, 26 1999 Trumbull County UFO incident from SIT...has anyone heard that one? It is really an amazing show! OMG! I would love a new UFO story like that on MITD!
Link?

b_dubb

Quote from: trostol on October 18, 2015, 09:44:20 PM
sounds crazy to me
You've posted your email address for everyone / every bot to see. Damn crazy.

trostol

one of the "comedy" episodes of X-files right now