• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 07, 2013, 03:31:54 PM

I hate listening to Whitley's whiney sad sack voice, complaining that not enough people believe his story.  Then when pressed admit it would have been a lot for him to swallow if he'd heard it from someone else.

Or his stories like 'we saw her go into the bathroom but never saw her come out, therefore she went through a portal'.  Ugh.

I won't miss not having Art talking to this guy

Whitney may be the biggest fraud of all of the C2C guests and that's saying something. Off the top of my head here is some things that have happened to Whitney over the past 15 years....

Alien Abduction.
Government Abduction.
Bigfoot sighting.
Thunderbird sighting.
Was told about "Project Serpo" in 1991 (Before the story was debunked of course)
Followed by black-eyed children across the country.
Time Travel/Portal travel bathroom story.

Annnnnnd cashed in on the Global Warming scare.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 07, 2013, 02:46:57 PM

Right!  Let's all POLKA!

I could see Noory also breaking-out some Glenn Miller, probably from hearing his mother play the music.  He'd be talking about how it was one of his all time favorites, as he referred to him as either Glen Campbell or Mitch Miller. "Yup, shtill churn'n out dem hits...right, Tommy?"  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on February 07, 2013, 03:58:42 PM
More people would believe him if he chose one story and stuck with it. I think even his wife told him to stop changing his story because people were going to stop believing him.

Interesting how he could spin so much fraud over the years and yet, apparently, said nothing about Art last night.  Is that correct?  I wasn't listening to the crap fest last night since I had better things to do, such as sleeping.

zeebo

More people would believe him if he chose one story and stuck with it. I think even his wife told him to stop changing his story because people were going to stop believing him.

I vaguely remember some Strieber story from years ago, where he was driving his car on a freeway on-ramp and the next thing he knew he was like veering off into space on some cosmic pathway.  Anyone else remember that?  I mean there's weird, there's hard-to-believe, and then there's just WTF ???

zeebo

MV/Liberace!

i'm not familiar with any of the specifics.  in what ways did strieber change his story (not that i'm surprised, mind you)?

coaster

"So I heard the story that when Strieber was about to give his IUFOC presentation, that he and his wife were in an argument. The argument as related to me was about Strieber constantly changing his story and adding to it. His wife, Anne was overheard by the staff backstage saying “you can’t keep making up stuff, you’re always changing your story…"
http://www.alienscientist.com/forum/showthread.php?94-Whitley-Strieber-Probed-Fiction-Alien-Reject

jinwicked

Quote from: coaster on February 07, 2013, 07:57:38 PM
"So I heard the story that when Strieber was about to give his IUFOC presentation, that he and his wife were in an argument. The argument as related to me was about Strieber constantly changing his story and adding to it. His wife, Anne was overheard by the staff backstage saying “you can’t keep making up stuff, you’re always changing your story…"
http://www.alienscientist.com/forum/showthread.php?94-Whitley-Strieber-Probed-Fiction-Alien-Reject

That was an interesting read, thanks for posting it.

driton

Hear it guys?
George asking this woman if he can sue us for talkin shit about him.

zeebo

Quote from: driton on February 08, 2013, 02:17:27 AM
Hear it guys?

Yeah, George seems real down on all "the haters"

driton

He had questions on rapidfire there....almost sounded like a real interviewer lol

Hear it guys?
George asking this woman if he can sue us for talking shit about him.
You may remember a few years back he threatened the folks at the old Fantastic Forum with a lawsuit for saying bad things about him.
I can see the court case now: Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, this trial is to determine whether or not George Norry is a competent host .............. or can discuss anything without 3x5 index cards in front of him ............. or if he even listens when others are speaking.
Jorch: Tahmmy I need my cards so I can answer these questions.

Hear it guys?

What about all the organizations he yaks about without any facts - and George appears to have less facts and information than anyone -  pharmaceuticals, mortgage lenders, various government agencies, the Fed, car companies, oil companies, food companies, just about anyone really.  Not that these have covered themselves with glory but George with his vague accusations and smears is ok, but former fans of the show complaining about him and pointing out his flaws in some corner of the internet is off limits?

George, stop whining.  You have 4 hours a night five nights a week on national radio to address any perceived wrongs and negative comments people make about you.  You have the microphone, you can say anything you want about any of it completely unchallenged.  You could even do a show about it with or without true open lines and defend yourself.  Or - and I'm just tossing this out - you could even try to improve.  You're so bad at the job even the slightest improvement would seem substantial.

Gay

I have seen the light.  I now realize that I am a "hater" because I am depressed with my own life.  I also resolve from this point forward to respect Jorch Snoory's George Noory's wish that I spell his name correctly.  And please, stop sending his picture to the "Potential Prostitute" website.  Really!

Quote from: Gay on February 08, 2013, 04:04:14 AM
...  I also resolve from this point forward to respect Jorch Snoory's George Noory's wish that I spell his name correctly....

Because the Snorge himself is such a stickler for little things like getting people's names right

sleeplessinca

Snoorz tipped his hand the other night when a caller complimented his choice in guests.  Always gracious, Snoorz credited his staff.  He really does just phone it in.  Art cultivated guests and had a real connection with them; there was a reason they were there and it was because they grabbed his interest.  Snoorz - well he only comes alive when it is about him.  I thought he became quite animated, interactive and engaged when he was discussing the legality of "hate sites".  He s more of a businessman than a radio personality. 

The little flirty exchange at the end of the internet privacy interview was a real hurlfest.  All that discussion about his facial hair. Hey America - It's real!!!!!  Drives the ladies wild.

Juan

Just so you folks who don't listen will know what sNoory said, it was during a conversation with the guest and a caller about disparaging stories about a person showing up in Google searches.  Jorch asked, "How do they have time to do it, the haters?"  After a bit of conversation, George said," I just want them to spell my name right."

So, I propose, that henceforth we follow George's wishes by ending each post in this thread with:
George Noory sucks.

It should help our Google score.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: UFO Fill on February 08, 2013, 04:50:28 AM
Jorch asked, "How do they have time to do it, the haters?"
It only takes a few seconds to write a post but it must seem like a long time to someone who can't read quickly or easily. Maybe we should type slower to even things up.

QuoteAfter a bit of conversation, George said," I just wantthem to spell my name right."
Why, doesn't he know how?

Quote from: sleeplessinca on February 08, 2013, 04:45:19 AM
...  He s more of a businessman than a radio personality...

And not a very good one apparently.  He seems to have finally found a home as a corporate hack.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 08, 2013, 03:27:13 AM

What about all the organizations he yaks about without any facts - and George appears to have less facts and information than anyone -  pharmaceuticals, mortgage lenders, various government agencies, the Fed, car companies, oil companies, food companies, just about anyone really.  Not that these have covered themselves with glory but George with his vague accusations and smears is ok, but former fans of the show complaining about him and pointing out his flaws in some corner of the internet is off limits?

George, stop whining.  You have 4 hours a night five nights a week on national radio to address any perceived wrongs and negative comments people make about you.  You have the microphone, you can say anything you want about any of it completely unchallenged.  You could even do a show about it with or without true open lines and defend yourself.  Or - and I'm just tossing this out - you could even try to improve.  You're so bad at the job even the slightest improvement would seem substantial.

Well said.

Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately?), I missed last night's show. Rats! I thoroughly enjoy listening to him whine and cry about haters. It's nice to know our efforts don't go unnoticed.

Maybe I'll send him some pizza rolls to say thanks for acknowledging us.

Quote from: UFO Fill on February 08, 2013, 04:50:28 AM
...  After a bit of conversation, George said," I just want them to spell my name right."...

Translation:  last time George started whining about the haters, someone must have given him a few movie quotes which were purportedly old sayings in 'the business' - 'all publicity is good publicity', 'the time to worry is when they aren't talking about you', and (in response to the threat of an unfair article) 'just be sure to spell my name right'.   

George never comes up with anything original.

Maxwell

It was nice of George to plug smartpage.com for Katherine Albrecht.  Too bad her website is startpage.com.

valdez

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 08, 2013, 03:27:13 AM
What about all the organizations he yaks about without any facts...

More about drones with Charles R. Smith.  I find Lori Andrews' Social Network Constitution to be kind of bizarre.  George says "there's nothing I can do to make them [haters] happy."  He's probably right.  Paper Boy makes a good point.  Just once I like George to get a representative of Monsanto on the show, I ain't saying they're angels (or shadow people), but would it kill him to let them speak?  The more he rails against them the more I want to buy their products, and t-shirts, and bumper stickers.  Richard C. Hoagland says he's going to publish a "paper" about something soon.  Where are these papers he publishes?  How far down do I have to scroll?

Maxwell

Quote from: valdez on February 08, 2013, 07:23:13 AM
he's going to publish a "paper" about something soon.  Where are these papers he publishes?  How far down do I have to scroll?
19.5 pages.

...George says "there's nothing I can do to make them [haters] happy."  He's probably right...

Is that what he said?  None of the higher ups at PremRat listen to his show, they're in bed asleep.  If they ever did catch any of it, it's not enough to really hear the always-the-same questions, the continual lack of follow up, and most of the rest of what he does - it takes a bit of time to really notice.

They get the emails and hear about the complaints but all George has to say around the office is that he puts in his daily 8, and that some of Art's old listeners wouldn''t be happy no matter what.  When they see him, he seems like a nice ambitious guy, end of story.  He probably gets a lot of sympathy.

El Kragen

Richard C. Hoagland says he's going to publish a "paper" about something soon.  Where are these papers he publishes?  How far down do I have to scroll?

lol I have coffee in my nose now.

ItsOver

Quote from: sleeplessinca on February 08, 2013, 04:45:19 AM
....He s more of a businessman than a radio personality. 

Yep, Jorch is all business.