• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Morgus

I remember that debate Hoagie vs Ed Mitchell on Art Bell back in the 1990s

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on February 05, 2018, 01:39:31 AM
I remember that debate Hoagie vs Ed Mitchell on Art Bell back in the 1990s

I am reasonably sure you don’t remember it the same way Hoagie does.

albrecht

"you can't sell people that you are doing science when it sounds like amateur night" (RCH on all the "technical" problems with his show.)

One of the most entertaining shows ever, 5 Stars !!! - The Braaps Bar has been raised ...

I'm trying to listen to a recording of the latest broadcast with Tom Delong or whatever the spelling is, but there is a deal-breaking problem.  Every 30 seconds or so, RHC smacks his lips!!! The sound is just ghastly. To add icing to the cake, in between smacks, I can hear his saliva clicking in his mouth. This is not acceptable, and as a "former CNN freelancer" and an alleged CNN science adviser, RHC's delivery boggles my mind.  I cannot get past RHC's voice. RHC needs to stop making these little yet blood-curdling sounds and turn down the high frequency gain on his mic. I cannot take it.

Theadora

Quote from: expat on February 05, 2018, 02:17:10 PM
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2018/02/hoagland-stages-double-header-for.html

M 6.4 - 21km NNE of Hualian, Taiwan
2018-02-06 15:50:41 UTC 24.158°N   121.680°E 9.5 km depth
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us1000chhc#executive

BEIJING (AP) â€" A magnitude-6.4 earthquake struck Tuesday near the coast of Taiwan, and people may be trapped inside a building.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake struck late Tuesday about 21 kilometers (13 miles) northeast of Hualien, on the island’s east coast.

Taiwan’s official Central News Agency reported that the ground floor of the Marshal Hotel, a building in Hualien district, had caved in and people were believed to be trapped inside. The agency posted photos showing a road fractured in several parts.

Taiwanese media reported that aside from the cave in on the ground floor of the Marshal Hotel, a separate hotel known as the Beautiful Life Hotel, is tilting.

Tuesday night’s quake follows one over the weekend off the coast of Hualien on the east of Taiwan, which lies along the famed “Pacific Rim of Fire” known for seismic activity from Alaska to Southeast Asia.

The agency quoted a spokesman of Taiwan’s Executive Yuan, the governing cabinet’s office, as saying that search teams from other areas were headed to Hualien.

The preliminary information suggests the quake was about 9.5 kilometers (6 miles) deep.

https://apnews.com/478003d24988409dad0315b964368308

expat

Theadora

Quote from: expat on February 06, 2018, 03:06:28 PM
...with the Moon at last quarter.

You are full aware that it's well, within, Jim Berkland's, ten day seismic window.  Magnitude 6.4 is still just as devastating, as it was before the USGS raised that designation to 7.2, after the exponential increase in frequency of 6.4s.  We aren't out of the woods, yet, either.  There could be more before the 10th of February.

Quote"I never allege a conspiracy when simple incompetence will suffice as an explanation. I don't look for some nefarious motive if incompetence or a lack of protocol will explain it."

Good quote by Congressman Trey Gowdy. Hoagland of course and the rest of the kooks have to be believe there's a conspiracy behind everything because without conspiracies they become uninteresting and irrelevant. If he can't blame NASA and other shadowy figures out to silence him he's just a loon who sees crystal palaces on the moon.

PaulAtreides

"Update: The Part 2 Show Audio will be up tomorrow ...
it needed a lot of extra editing and life got in the way."

This was posted on February 3.  Hoagie still hasn't posted Part 2.  I wonder what got in the way.

Lunger

Quote from: Theadora on February 06, 2018, 08:12:50 PM
You are full aware that it's well, within, Jim Berkland's, ten day seismic window.  Magnitude 6.4 is still just as devastating, as it was before the USGS raised that designation to 7.2, after the exponential increase in frequency of 6.4s.  We aren't out of the woods, yet, either.  There could be more before the 10th of February.

There are 7 too many commas in the paragraph and a serious lack of periods.

TigerLily

Quote from: PaulAtreides on February 07, 2018, 06:29:41 AM
"Update: The Part 2 Show Audio will be up tomorrow ...
it needed a lot of extra editing and life got in the way."

This was posted on February 3.  Hoagie still hasn't posted Part 2.  I wonder what got in the way.

life

PaulAtreides

Quote from: TigerLily on February 07, 2018, 07:32:30 AM
life

Hoagie has a life?  Maybe.  But he also has an obligation to his subscribers which he seems to take pretty lightly.

TigerLily

Quote from: PaulAtreides on February 07, 2018, 07:57:56 AM
Hoagie has a life?  Maybe.  But he also has an obligation to his subscribers which he seems to take pretty lightly.

Yeah. And even more to the useless eaters

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on February 07, 2018, 12:00:33 PM
Yeah. And even more to the useless eaters

I'd figure you'd be all for getting rid of useless eaters. You support Hillary. :D

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 01:32:45 PM
I'd figure you'd be all for getting rid of useless eaters. You support Hillary. :D

Poor MD MD.  Everytime his mother sees him in the basement she thinks, "useless eater."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on February 07, 2018, 01:36:04 PM
Poor MD MD.  Everytime his mother sees him in the basement she thinks, "useless eater."

Is that what your one client told you to write? ::)

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 01:39:56 PM
Is that what your one client told you to write? ::)

Why aren't you in school?  Or at your job at Taco Bell?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on February 07, 2018, 01:49:30 PM
Why aren't you in school?  Or at your job at Taco Bell?

Why don't you have more than one client? Couid it be that you're not really a lawyer? :D

Theadora

Quote from: Lunger on February 07, 2018, 07:24:58 AM

There are 7 too many commas in the paragraph and a serious lack of periods.

Too bad you weren't able to make those corrections, in the time it took you to write the critique.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 01:50:37 PM
Why don't you have more than one client? Couid it be that you're not really a lawyer? :D

One client keeps me from getting bored.  I don't need the money a full time practice would provide.  Working one half day per week is satisfactory. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on February 07, 2018, 03:36:10 PM
One client keeps me from getting bored.  I don't need the money a full time practice would provide.  Working one half day per week is satisfactory.

And that's the story you have to tell yourself to keep going? :D

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 03:38:19 PM
And that's the story you have to tell yourself to keep going? :D

This from the boi who changes the urinal cakes at Taco Bell (third shift).

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on February 07, 2018, 03:53:10 PM
This from the boi who changes the urinal cakes at Taco Bell (third shift).

No, I save the urinal cakes for your tacos. ;)

crankshaft

As far as urinal cakes, just wanted to let whoever is in charge of them that most of us prefer the blue ones. The pink ones taste funny in the pipe and burn the nose when crushed and snorted.
The green ones (kind of minty) are OK too but good luck finding any of them as they were discontinued back in 2016.

Carry on.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 03:56:41 PM
No, I save the urinal cakes for your tacos. ;)

Well, some people collect stamps; you collect urinal cakes.  Bwahahahahah.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: crankshaft on February 07, 2018, 04:14:38 PM
As far as urinal cakes, just wanted to let whoever is in charge of them that most of us prefer the blue ones. The pink ones taste funny in the pipe and burn the nose when crushed and snorted.
The green ones (kind of minty) are OK too but good luck finding any of them as they were discontinued back in 2016.

Carry on.

Well, MD MD claims to "save" them.  Maybe you can score some of your favorites from him.