• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Peg

Wow periscope is awesome. I have never heard of it. Lol I got to say hi from Idaho.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Peg on May 26, 2015, 11:48:37 PM
Wow periscope is awesome. I have never heard of it. Lol I got to say hi from Idaho.

Your own private Idaho I bet.

Quote from: Peg on May 26, 2015, 11:48:37 PM

I'll be up there next week. I hope it stops raining by then.

nbirnes

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 26, 2015, 11:47:38 PM

What is a Periscope?

This. We must know. >scorpionista<

Peg

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 26, 2015, 11:58:36 PM
I'll be up there next week. I hope it stops raining by then.
good lightning storm tonight.

Peg

Just having Art read my post has me so wound up. Lol it is wonderful hearing his voice and seeing him and his wife. Hope he uses it often.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 26, 2015, 10:51:49 PM
A great joke, but, I don't need such things.   8)

Ms Redacted I truly wish you the greatest success, but I have to admit I'm jealous, I thought for sure, that Art was going to pick 'me' as his sidekick.

Daggit

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 27, 2015, 12:07:46 AM
Ms Redacted I truly wish you the greatest success, but I have to admit I'm jealous, I thought for sure, that Art was going to pick 'me' as his sidekick.

Don't ass kiss now. You hitched your wagon to the wrong Prius.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 27, 2015, 12:07:46 AM

Quote from: Daggit on May 27, 2015, 12:11:02 AM
Don't ass kiss now. You hitched your wagon to the wrong Prius.

The wagon wheel broke, the oxen have died, and little Whitecrow was snake bitten... and this could be the next message. There is no option to panhandle.

Stranger929

Quote from: Art Bell on May 26, 2015, 09:41:03 PM
Jimmy Church is really starting to annoy me, he states he was brought in to the Dark Matter Network after I went off the air. Number one, he asked Keith to be on, not the other way around. Number two I was never on the Dark Matter Network so how could he possibly replace me in any way? I was on XM/Sirius right?

Then he started telling people he talked to me every day, again WRONG, I have spoken to him once only in a conference call with Keith. He said I listen to his show all the time, when in fact I have NEVER heard it. He said he was sitting in for me in a place I never sat. What is up with this guy?

I was not going to bring his name up again but today I again saw him writing about me in his promo for contact in the Desert. Come on guy, try the truth.

Art Bell

Church is a colossal ass-hat. He's a failed sports talk guy who makes Dave seem like a good interviewer. He's the only other 'radio' host I won't listen to at all.

He did however have a great line-up of guests. Whoever was producing that show did a great job.

Although after five minutes of his stammering, I always had to shut it off.

Stranger929

Quote from: popple on May 26, 2015, 10:32:15 PM
I do believe this was another one of his photoshops

MV, can we please get a spoiler tag for such startling images?

You can just see the bacon grease oozing out of his pores there. You know he smells of rancid cheese.

MV/Liberace!

Does Jimmy Church have a real job? How does he make a living?

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on May 27, 2015, 12:44:45 AM

I don't think he has a job.  He's saying on his show from yesterday that Tuesday still counts as Memorial Day weekend. 

*Reporting myself for this post, in the wrong thread.

Stranger929

Jimmy Church has a face for radio and a voice for print.

Church looks like he could be a waiter.

Nick el Ass

Jimmy makes his money teaching people his photoshop-fu.

popple

Quote from: Art Bell on May 26, 2015, 10:03:21 PM
What? He Photoshopped a picture of us together, you have got to be kidding?

Art

I propose we all start photoshopping ourselves into pictures with Art. I'll go first since some BellGabbers may be nervous.

Here is Art and I finishing the studio. DO YOU REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN WE HAD THAT DAY, ART?!!? Lots of laughs.

lonevoice

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 26, 2015, 11:32:06 PM
I'll have you know that Art and I have posted on the same website and in the same threads.
Myself and Art, we kept the conversation going.
Of course, everyone knows that.  Post often.   ;D

jazmunda

Who can forget the time Art came to Australia. Despite Art's expression; fun was had by all.  ;D

Sure. He's a lighting-check stand-in for Nathan Fillion on TV's Castle.

(Church should pay me for this and Fillion should sue.)

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2015, 01:35:40 AM
Who can forget the time Art came to Australia. Despite Art's expression; fun was had by all.  ;D

For whatever reason, that picture is causing flashbacks of Midnight Oil at Uluru singing Beds are Burning.

Probably a subconscious evocation due to the words "Midnight in the Desert" being in play.

Get out of my head, Jaz. There's wet paint in there.

RoseGirl

wow....I can't believe Jimmy Church did all that stuff. What a loser. Ten years locked in a tiny, un-air conditioned room with The Numbers Lady is, I think, approaching a suitable punishment.

Perhaps fifteen.

Redacted...sweetie, darling...can't wait to hear you and Art together on the air. I think a female voice on air with Art would be just killer. This is going to be good.

Steal me an ashtray, k?

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 27, 2015, 02:13:42 AM
wow....I can't believe Jimmy Church did all that stuff. What a loser. Ten years locked in a tiny, un-air conditioned room with The Numbers Lady is, I think, approaching a suitable punishment.

OMG!  There really is a hell!  I can't think of a torment worse than that.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 27, 2015, 02:13:42 AM

Perhaps fifteen.

Redacted...sweetie, darling...can't wait to hear you and Art together on the air. I think a female voice on air with Art would be just killer. This is going to be good.

Steal me an ashtray, k?

I'd feel for the numbers lady in that case. No one should have to endure Jimmy Church. I heard his show for a few minutes last night, and he might very well be wose than Dave on top of being incredibly pretentious.

Quote from: bateman on May 26, 2015, 10:21:56 PM
Here we go:

The man can't beat out Connie Willis for a job.... Think about that.

Xitheron

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard on this forum as I have seeing the pics and reading back through these last 3 or 4 pages.. Jazz you're on fire! I like the ream team pic idea lol

Xitheron

Quote from: jazmunda on May 26, 2015, 10:49:22 PM

I don't really know anything about Jimmy Church and I'd never seen those pics either..  I can't wait to see what Art says, but this picture is pretty perfect lol

serenity

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 26, 2015, 11:32:06 PM
I'll have you know that Art and I have posted on the same website and in the same threads.
Myself and Art, we kept the conversation going.

Well my wife's brother's girlfriend is neighbors with a woman that has a friend that can spell Art Bell. I'm famous!

Yeah yeah I know.............Reported

On the other hand, the pictures are great! Now if I could only photoshop a sheep into the shot.........

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on May 24, 2015, 09:40:19 PM
I understand, I think it was a set up but who knows, at the time I thought it was real. That's the beauty of live Radio, you never know for sure. It's also why I will be doing a lot of open lines if we have a big enough listener pool. I have no idea how many people will show up, what a hoot!

That's the one thing about what we are about to do, I have NO clue how it will go but the Studio is really awesome and it's gonna be fun. Maybe I will invite Redacted to co-host some night, she has a very clear voice, bet you guy's would get a kick out of that.

Art

Does this mean we won't get a chance to hear Airyn On Air? I thought for sure she would be the one to takeover the helm at M.I.T.D. for you.  :o :)

serenity

It's 630 here in Louisiana and listening to a past GabCast while I drink my morning coffee (the first of many). This whole thing about church (small letters intentional) that has just come up and hearing Jazz and MV talk about listening numbers has me thinking. Yes I actually do that once in a while. This whole thing could work in Art's favor. While Art wants us to wait till a couple of weeks prior to the premier to spread the word enmasse, theres nothing stopping us from spreading the word about churchs lies about his association with Art and while we are at it slipping in a small advert about Art's return. Something subtle like..

"Church lies. He doesn't know Art, but you can. Tune in etc etc ............"
Too soon? Too much???

As for numbers, West Coast AM started out small and look what happened.  There is a niche that is valiantly trying to be filled, and there are some good guys out there. But when word of Art's return and with a few shows under his belt. Well my gut says wait and see. We may all be surprised. What ever happens Art, we are here. We had a saying in my old unit "Nightstalkers don't quit" It's nice to see that you don't either.

Ok enough ranting this morning. I feel better :) Oh and another vote for Red.