• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Jewish Hour with Rabbi Finman

Started by DanTSX, July 27, 2015, 06:16:51 PM

DanTSX

Does anyone else listen to this?  I know it's a Detroit Area show mainly, but I used to be able to pick it up while in Detroit and Cleveland on business.

Just good news and fun fun music.  Always great perspectives.

http://jcastnetwork.org/jhour/

albrecht

Quote from: DanTSX on July 27, 2015, 06:16:51 PM
Does anyone else listen to this?  I know it's a Detroit Area show mainly, but I used to be able to pick it up while in Detroit and Cleveland on business.

Wasn't he a guest on Stormfront radio and the Duke show last week? Alas, that thread was deleted so I can't quickly look it up. ;)

Ms. C

Oh my goodness,  I never heard of him.  But being in the Detroit area and born of the Jewish faith -- I definitely will check this out!  Sounds excellent, thanks.

Jackstar

I've never heard of this guy either. Is he going to tell me what makes him so special?

DanTSX

Quote from: Jackstar on July 27, 2015, 07:06:51 PM
I've never heard of this guy either. Is he going to tell me what makes him so special?

It's up to you to find what makes you special.   :)

Meister_000

Quote from: DanTSX on July 27, 2015, 06:16:51 PM

A Chassidic bed-time story ! :D -- just what the doctor ordered after a night out/in here. Nothin like a Klessmer Lullaby to sooth the soul.

Eddie Coyle

The jokes he tells are priceless.

"Jewish Child Molester: Hey kid, wanna buy some candy?"

"What do the Jewish cheerleaders say? 'Get that quarterback"

"Jewish kid asks his father for 50 bucks: 40 Bucks, what do you need 30 bucks for, I mean 20 bucks is meshuggener, here's the 10 bucks"

Meister_000

I read an interesting tidbit a while back claiming or reporting that the Orthodox Jews were in fact very much against the creation of the State of Israel in the 1940s -- at least by the means proposed and then carried out, i.e. by force. They also, many being scholars, I suspect, had a better clue than the bulk of Jewery that the thing and nation or "land" called "Israel" was more about an Idea than a piece of turf, more about Spiritual real estate than terrestrial -- but maybe that's just my wishful thinking regarding their sightedness.

DanTSX

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 27, 2015, 09:22:21 PM
  The jokes he tells are priceless.

"Jewish Child Molester: Hey kid, wanna buy some candy?"

"What do the Jewish cheerleaders say? 'Get that quarterback"

"Jewish kid asks his father for 50 bucks: 40 Bucks, what do you need 30 bucks for, I mean 20 bucks is meshuggener, here's the 10 bucks"

Is that the south Boston liquor mart?  Whitey's hangout?

DanTSX

Quote from: Meister_000 on July 27, 2015, 09:55:01 PM
I read an interesting tidbit a while back claiming or reporting that the Orthodox Jews were in fact very much against the creation of the State of Israel in the 1940s -- at least by the means proposed and then carried out, i.e. by force. They also, many being scholars, I suspect, had a better clue than the bulk of Jewery that the thing and nation or "land" called "Israel" was more about an Idea than a piece of turf, more about Spiritual real estate than terrestrial -- but maybe that's just my wishful thinking regarding their sightedness.

Depends

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on July 27, 2015, 09:55:01 PM
Oh yeah, there is a fairly big thing still about this in certain movements/leaders/Orthodoxy in NYC and even in Israel. But, I think, bigger, back then. But still exists. Also, despite what people think, political and doctrinal differences between even "moderate" Jews in Israel and elsewhere. But there is still substantial "anti-Israel" "anti-zionism" groups. And also still even odd-ball groups about "Britain" being Jewish Zion.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: DanTSX on July 27, 2015, 10:26:22 PM
Is that the south Boston liquor mart?  Whitey's hangout?

Yes indeed, that he grabbed from Stevie 'Stippo' Rakes in '84.  As the saying went "warmest beer, highest prices in town, what the fuck you gonna do about it?"

Meister_000

Quote from: albrecht on July 27, 2015, 10:36:48 PM
Oh yeah, there is a fairly big thing still about this in certain movements/leaders/Orthodoxy in NYC and even in Israel. But, I think, bigger, back then. But still exists.

Well that is reasuring. I was raised Conservative Jewish, and never heard of such a thing, would never have guessed that such opinion might be held by (of all people) the Orthodox. ie. I was truly surprised to learn it, a complete shock. Most of the Judaism I experienced was more cultural than religious, and just "goin through the motions" for tradition's sake. Very little "God stuff" if you will.

Meister_000

Quote from: DanTSX on July 27, 2015, 10:26:37 PM
Depends

I think I'm gonna need a lttle more to go-on than that, Dano.

DanTSX

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 27, 2015, 10:49:57 PM
  Yes indeed, that he grabbed from Stevie 'Stippo' Rakes in '84.  As the saying went "warmest beer, highest prices in town, what the fuck you gonna do about it?"

The only one with parking too....

Stippo couldn't had gone at a more interesting time huh?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: DanTSX on July 28, 2015, 10:41:02 AM
The only one with parking too....

Stippo couldn't had gone at a more interesting time huh?

Stippo's death is a conspiracy theorist's dream. I was standing in line right beside him at Sullivan's  up Castle Island about a week before and he was gung ho about testifying against Whitey to some old-timers. That "I wanna see his face" type of talk, which was his usual bullshit...and holy fuck, he's dead within days. That old greaseball who supposedly poisoned his drink has to be a patsy. But for who is what I can't figure.

DanTSX

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 28, 2015, 10:55:22 AM
    Stippo's death is a conspiracy theorist's dream. I was standing in line right beside him at Sullivan's  up Castle Island about a week before and he was gung ho about testifying against Whitey to some old-timers. That "I wanna see his face" type of talk, which was his usual bullshit...and holy fuck, he's dead within days. That old greaseball who supposedly poisoned his drink has to be a patsy. But for who is what I can't figure.

The FBI duh ;)

Jackstar

I am completely unequipped to participate in this thread. I've little to no idea what any of you are referring to.

It's like a cool breeze of sweet relief.

DanTSX

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 28, 2015, 02:02:04 PM
  I rule them out. It was too effective.

LOL Good point.

FUCK YEAH! CRAZIE EDDIE ANZAR!  INNNNSANNNNEEEEEE!

albrecht

Quote from: DanTSX on July 28, 2015, 06:08:28 PM
LOL Good point.

FUCK YEAH! CRAZIE EDDIE ANZAR!  INNNNSANNNNEEEEEE!
I was very disillusioned by Crazy Eddie, not due to the later financial scandals, but when I first learned that the "Crazy Eddie" in the commercials wasn't really Crazy Eddie but a DJ hired to do the commercials....