• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

texaskdog

Rush is a popular host and people tune in to listen to him.  People enjoy C2C for the guests and topic and tune in despite the host being a doofus.

onan

Quote from: texaskdog on July 19, 2011, 10:54:58 AM
Rush is a popular host and people tune in to listen to him.  People enjoy C2C for the guests and topic and tune in despite the host being a doofus.

Well said... and nothing to refute.

beachcomber

last night's show
Noory:
"If these giant birds exist, how many are there?
Guest:
"That's a good question..."

If that's a good question, then I'm fucked up. About an hour into this, I'm talking to the radio.
"Go to a caller, Noory - this guest is tapped-out."
An hour later, a caller said he saw what he thought was a man in a trenchcoat (while driving late at night).
"It was a huge bird, tearing chunks out of a dead deer, when I got closer, it flew away carrying half the carcass with it."
Noory and guest were enthralled. Why? - because truth has a ring to it that idle speculation does not.
Maybe the caller was a good storyteller, but it sounded plausible - the creature would have to lighten the load before it could carry it off.
Ironic that callers are better at radio than paid hosts and their guests.
Creepy that Noory would speculate more than once on his sick notion of children being carried away by monster birds.

JustOneFix

My local station played the last 2hrs of Friday night's show. At the end of the second hour, a guy calls in and starts talking about L. Ron Hubbard and the St. Hill org of Scientology.

As I'm sitting at my desk writing estimates listening to the caller talk about St. Hill and the things Hubbard did there for Scientology, you could tell Little George was getting nervous & sounded shaken about the whole thing and wanted no part of it. He tried to interrupt the caller, but the caller kept going.

If Scientology rattles him that bad, I'd hate to see him in Clearwater, FL or Los Angeles walking around by their properties. He'd have to change his Depends. I take that back, it'd be damn funny to see him walking amongst the Sea Org or public Scienos.

They'd ask him "what are your crimes?" and he would say 'I ruined what was once a good radio show"

Morgus

Quote from: El Kragen on July 19, 2011, 06:48:20 AM
This show is a perfect example of why George sucks.
How many years has he been full time host of C2C? One would think that he could manage to come up with a better set of questions
Noory became the main full time nightly host of c2c in early 2003, so thats over 8 years now.
But he seems to have gotten more lazy and worse over that time.  :P

Morgus

Quote from: JeffreyLXV on July 19, 2011, 12:34:10 AM
I missed out on Mickey Mouse Club. But I use to dearly look forward to 'The Wonderful World of Disney' on Sunday nights.
Also, was Kurt Russell a Mouseketeer?
No, Kurt Russell was a kid actor in the 60s, the original Mickey Mouse Club was a decade earlier.
Kurt did appear in a lot of 60's TV shows including Man from UNCLE and Lost in Space, before he became "Snake Plissken"  8)

BobGrau

Quote from: El Kragen on July 19, 2011, 06:48:20 AM
This show is a perfect example of why George sucks.

How many years has he been full time host of C2C? One would think that he could manage to come up with a better set of questions or actually have a decent discussion on cryptozoology, one of the tent pole C2C topics. Is it too much to ask that he read the guests two books. Monsters of Texas is 160 pages and Big Birds is only 108!!! What does he do all day?

Fucking show prep...How does it work?

I was amused recently to hear him say (while talking about a guest's new book)
"...I took it to St. Louis with me"

for what, George? To sniff coke off of?

BobGrau

Quote from: El Kragen on July 19, 2011, 06:35:55 AM
lolwut?

Why does George speak like that? It must be that no dead air radio thing has been drilled into his head and he just blurts nonsense out.

it's called 'Nooro-Linguistic Programming'

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: texaskdog on July 19, 2011, 10:54:58 AM
agreed... on both points... and particularly the second.

Scully

Quote from: Hugo Fitch on July 19, 2011, 02:03:17 AM
Any possible connection between Noory and Limbaugh exists solely in the fever swamp of your mind. George avoids touching upon politics, right-wing or otherwise,  and Rush never brings up religion on his show. Calling the listeners of the EIB Network "low-information" is manifestly ridiculous, and can be demonstrated to be false by tuning into just a single show. Your tendentious drivel could have been distilled down to simply stating that Christians and Republicans offend you.

You have drunk deeply of the koolaid, Hugo.

George's version of C2C is what is tendentious.  It's just hard to hear it when one shares his views. He gets his news from right-wing sources, and his guests are carefully picked to reflect a right-wing view. Nothing against political stances different from my own, but what makes me furious is having to listen to propaganda of any sort while trying to enjoy things that go bump in the night.

Noory's connection to Limbaugh IMHO is that C2C is said to be part of a package deal which is sold to radio stations with Limbaugh as the incentive for buying.  George has said he's #2 behind Limbaugh in ratings. Even though that's not true, it's obvious who he wants to emulate.

Btw, I have been a Christian all my life -- was raised Southern Baptist -- have been Presbyterian now for many years.  We don't club people over the head to make them "holier than thou."

Peace, Brother.  Sorry I hit a nerve.  It's George Noory who sucks!  :o

George says he no longer reads email from the 'hater's out there, that these go straight to the 'Junk' folder.  So I wonder, what terms does his email scanner seek out, what words is it programed to find?

Here are some George must have seen regularly:  Terrible, horrible, awful, boring, moron, unscreened open lines, ratings, Art Bell, abyss, lie, loser, ruined, dumb, lazy, ignorant, poor, sad, creepy, illiterate, unfit, irreparable, arrogant, idiot, Dumbheiser, Tubheiser, PremRat, waste, dull, and of course suck, sucky, sucktard, suckage...

Yeah, straight to trash

SpacedCadet

During the show on cryptozoology a female caller tells of seeing a thunderbird in the trees when she was 10. George fails to ask any pertinent questions regarding her sighting but inquires "tell me would you be scared if that thing had swooped down and grabbed you?". Then asks the guest with his silly inflection signifing excitement " what would a thunderbird do if it grabbed a small child? would it feed it to its' infants or just eat it itself?".

What is wrong with this man, that he derives pleasure in the suffering, or the torture of young children? It is the only time he appears focused when the subject matter is a childs demise. If only George was John Walshs' son. Oh, and thanks George for the erosion of my esophogus due to the large amount of vomit that passes thru everytime I listen to you. You suck!
;)

DanDan

We need a fund to send Noorbear on a one-way trip to Mars.

"I'd go nuts!"

valdez

Quote from: DanDan on July 20, 2011, 12:27:59 AM
"I'd go nuts!"

That's what George said during his interview with space guy Charles Seife, concerning a trip to mars.  George wondered if a one way trip to the red planet would entail the astronauts dying of old age or a lot sooner.  I don't think they'd get many volunteers for a quick and fiery (or frozen, or suffocating) death.  Again, George bangs his head on the concept of the big bag and all that lay before it (a subject that is "near and dear" to his heart...he says).  I had been thinking for the past few weeks that George is better suited for doing five minute interviews, and that was about the length of his segment with Gary "Lt. Dan" Sinise.  I didn't expect it to be prerecorded, but it went just fine.

Gary Sinise and The Lt. Dan Band in Savannah

Tara

Quote from: SpacedCadet on July 19, 2011, 11:53:37 PM

What is wrong with this man, that he derives pleasure in the suffering, or the torture of young children? It is the only time he appears focused when the subject matter is a childs demise. If only George was John Walshs' son. Oh, and thanks George for the erosion of my esophogus due to the large amount of vomit that passes thru everytime I listen to you. You suck!
Quote;)

Since he gets off on the suffering of little children, I just thought of the perfect woman for him:  Casey Anthony.  A match made in hell!

Lovely Bones

Quote from: valdez on July 20, 2011, 05:03:17 AM

That's what George said during his interview with space guy Charles Seife,

Woke up during this interview long enough to hear Georgie say something like, "We owe it to ourselves as a nation--or at least as a country--to do blah blah blah. . . ."

Mercifully, I fell back to sleep again without having to listen to more. 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Tara on July 20, 2011, 07:06:34 AM
Since he gets off on the suffering of little children, I just thought of the perfect woman for him:  Casey Anthony.  A match made in hell!

Maybe.  But I don't think she'd go for him.  If you've listened to interviews with her previous beaus (Tony Lazarro, Jesse Grund), they appear to be bright, articulate men.  Seems she likes guys who can string words together into sentences and create coherent thoughts.  Anti-Noory types. 

Now whether she and Noory deserve each other is another question entirely!  ;) Two liars who enjoy the suffering of little kids! 

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on July 19, 2011, 06:57:54 PM

but what makes me furious is having to listen to propaganda of any sort while trying to enjoy things that go bump in the night.

Peace, Brother.  Sorry I hit a nerve.  It's George Noory who sucks!  :o

Let us join hands in remembrance of our shared values ^ THIS.

Anagrammy

Quote from: mbrown on July 20, 2011, 10:49:51 AM

Wonder how big his junk folder is?

... read, show prep, pronounce, douchebag, lame, weak, pitiful, performance, interrupt, inartuculate, cue card...

Morgus

Last night while the guest was talking about the origin of the universe and the big bang, Noory interrupted and commented that the bang must have been deafening.  :P
Noory, there are no sound waves in the vaccum of space, you moron, plus nobody back then was around to hear anything anyway.  :o

Avi

Morgus is on his way to the best Zen koan, evah. If a Big Bang occurs in the vacuum of space inside George Noory's head...No? What is the sound of one vacuum of space banging, but not clapping?

Quote from: Scully on July 19, 2011, 06:57:54 PM

what makes me furious is having to listen to propaganda of any sort while trying to enjoy things that go bump in the night.

Peace, Brother.  Sorry I hit a nerve.  It's George Noory who sucks!  :o

Quote from: anagrammy on July 20, 2011, 12:56:52 PM
Let us join hands in remembrance of our shared values ^ THIS.

Anagrammy

Here, here.  Would like to join that circle.

texaskdog

Seriously if they fired Noory tomorrow are they really fearful of ratings dropping?  Really?

anagrammy

Quote from: Treading Water on July 20, 2011, 06:47:45 PM

AND...you're in.  We're your natural cohort, being early Baby Boomers as well.  By the way, is Annette Funicello still alive?  I'd better check that alive or dead website....:)

Anagrammy

DanDan

Georgeboo officially hates children.

"[OH SHOOT THE FUCKERS! THOSE UN-PUBERTIESED SWINE] would freak me out if dead."

Morgus

Quote from: anagrammy on July 20, 2011, 08:53:32 PMBy the way, is Annette Funicello still alive?

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annette_Funicello
she is still alive, thought this recent report was added there:
"On March 10, 2011, her Encino, California home caught fire. She suffered smoke inhalation but was otherwise unharmed"

Seamus Capone

Quote from: SpacedCadet on July 19, 2011, 11:53:37 PM
During the show on cryptozoology a female caller tells of seeing a thunderbird in the trees when she was 10. George fails to ask any pertinent questions regarding her sighting but inquires "tell me would you be scared if that thing had swooped down and grabbed you?". Then asks the guest with his silly inflection signifing excitement " what would a thunderbird do if it grabbed a small child? would it feed it to its' infants or just eat it itself?".

Quote;)

I feel your pain. Noory asked tonight's guests, who do ghost-type shows, about one they did called "Children Of The Grave". The guest mentioned that there were hundreds of unmarked kids' graves around orphanages in Indiana. This was one of only two or three shows that Noory asked about (as of this posting).

Noory did the news in Michigan when a serial murderer preyed on kids there, and the fiend bathed and dressed them postmortem. I think that these crimes took place around the time that Noory moved to St. Louis in 1979. Maybe the unsolved case did a number on Noory's psyche. It might be why he's fixated on such terrible things.

Scully

Quote from: Treading Water on July 20, 2011, 06:47:45 PM

Quote from: anagrammy on July 20, 2011, 08:53:32 PM
AND...you're in.  We're your natural cohort, being early Baby Boomers as well.  By the way, is Annette Funicello still alive?  I'd better check that alive or dead website.... :)

Anagrammy

Yes, TW, welcome! Anagrammy has once again beat me to the punch with the good stuff.  I was working my way down the posts to say the same thing.  Great minds, y'know.  ;D

lasertron

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2011, 02:23:28 PM
Noory became the main full time nightly host of c2c in early 2003, so thats over 8 years now.
But he seems to have gotten more lazy and worse over that time.  :P

Whoaaaa I didn't realize it had been 8 years. I now realize I've wasted 8 years of my life wishing Art would come back.

gandalf50

Quote from: anagrammy on July 20, 2011, 08:53:32 PM
  I'd better check that alive or dead website....:)

Anagrammy

You got me thinking....
Darn!!
Unfortunately the same status doesnt apply to his brain

~G