• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150925 - Open Lines - LIVE Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 25, 2015, 04:28:20 PM

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 25, 2015, 11:47:53 PM
Rick Steves drives me nuts because he's like the cheapest man on earth. He won't buck up for a half way decent hotel anywhere, and he always goes to the cheapest restaurants. You're on vacation, live a little.

I dig it because I get tired of seeing trendy upscale restaurants or the uber expensive ones.  he travels like I do.  ;D.....or would.  ;)

Dr_Blue

Testimonials:
"I started taking the ART BELL PILL and I lost all my fears and had a compelling need to listen to the radio and............

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 25, 2015, 11:47:53 PM
Rick Steves drives me nuts because he's like the cheapest man on earth. He won't buck up for a half way decent hotel anywhere, and he always goes to the cheapest restaurants. You're on vacation, live a little.

not like he cant afford them also lol he travels..for a living..cmon man splurge lol

El Kragen

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 25, 2015, 11:44:22 PM

I have a cool Rick Steves story: I bought his travel guide for Europe when I did my backpacking trip back in 96. While I was in Switzerland I stayed at this little far out hostel he recommended in his book. Cool little place. Lo and behold the second night a few of us were sitting around eating dinner and in strolls the man himself. We invited him to sit with us and we chilled out talking, sipping some wine. Very cool and laid back dude.

I took the Jorge Nury pill n I cen bearly spell muh nam.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ShayP on September 25, 2015, 11:50:04 PM
I dig it because I get tired of seeing trendy upscale restaurants or the uber expensive ones.  he travels like I do.  ;D.....or would.  ;)

Oh I know, but he's always like "Stay at this $4 a night communal bed hostel, it'll save you money and you'll make friends!"

AppealPlay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2015, 11:52:06 PM
I took the Jorge Nury pill n I cen bearly spell muh nam.

Leo Ashcraft took that pill, too, and now he can't pronounce anything.

trostol

mostly i started watching pbs for train shows..was a good one on earlier today..

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 25, 2015, 11:52:06 PM
Oh I know, but he's always like "Stay at this $4 a night communal bed hostel, it'll save you money and you'll make friends!"

LOL!  There is that.

Barfly

I'm thinking about dropping my Art sub for RCH, actually for a few reasons, I'm usually awake during Arts shows and TBH some of the tech issues are bothering me, Art and Kieth have plenty tech knowledge and should have triple redundancy in place, another thing is some of the shows are just not interesting to me, lots of the old Art shows where not interesting either, but thats just me.
I used to detest RCH but his bat shit crazy stuff is entertaining to me in some strange way, if he goes 3 hours im switching my sub

lonevoice

Quote from: WOTR on September 25, 2015, 11:45:10 PM
Would you believe that I PM'd redacted and requested him as a guest?  Well spoken, intelligent, astrophysicist, and used to the spotlight.  Perfection...  Maybe one day the 3D stars will align...  8)
Maybe one day. It seems he only does interviews when he's on a promo tour for a concert. At his age, I do doubt they'll ever do another North American tour.  But you never know. If I ever heard Art and Brian May on the radio together, I think I'd happily die that day. 

WhiteCrow

Art sure is in fine form tonight! He's really enjoying himself with callers. Nice Job again, TigerLily of getting Art in the right mood!

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 25, 2015, 11:53:43 PM
Linux terminal > cowsay  <enter text>
I have no idea what that means, but I'll trust you on it. ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: El Kragen on September 25, 2015, 11:52:02 PM
I have a cool Rick Steves story: I bought his travel guide for Europe when I did my backpacking trip back in 96. While I was in Switzerland I stayed at this little far out hostel he recommended in his book. Cool little place. Lo and behold the second night a few of us were sitting around eating dinner and in strolls the man himself. We invited him to sit with us and we chilled out talking, sipping some wine. Very cool and laid back dude.

Did you smoke pot with him? Rick Steves is actually a huge legalization advocate and freely admits to smoking it.

trostol

btw..this Rick Steves episode he was in Wales lol

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Barfly on September 25, 2015, 11:55:04 PM
I'm thinking about dropping my Art sub for RCH, actually for a few reasons, I'm usually awake during Arts shows and TBH some of the tech issues are bothering me, Art and Kieth have plenty tech knowledge and should have triple redundancy in place, another thing is some of the shows are just not interesting to me, lots of the old Art shows where not interesting either, but thats just me.
I used to detest RCH but his bat shit crazy stuff is entertaining to me in some strange way, if he goes 3 hours im switching my sub

Why don't you sub both, you cheap sonofabitch!

Just kidding.  How are ya bud?   :D

Barfly

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 25, 2015, 11:56:00 PM
I have no idea what that means, but I'll trust you on it. ;)
LOL, sorry, im not laughing at you

AppealPlay