• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
I think George mocks us as he continues to insist that he just cannot "get his head around" the big bang. Well, at least he understands what primordial soup is since he seemed to take credit for coining that term.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dateline on May 09, 2017, 01:32:41 AM
Not listening.  All the show has become is supplement sales between ole man bumper music songs.

I always wanted to have the cardiovascular power of a super vegetable.

zeebo

Oh dear, George is going Ancient Aliens on this guy. 

GravitySucks

If you replace something you have no proof of with something you have no proof of, does it make more sense?

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2017, 01:50:25 AM
http://io9.gizmodo.com/11-of-the-weirdest-solutions-to-the-fermi-paradox-456850746

#4 is my favorite

Aliens made of meat. Aren't humans meat? I guess in the story the aliens are just slabs of meat, but somehow they built machines without having the ability to use tools.

Those creepy talking trees who threw their apples at Dorothy and her friends in the Wizard of Oz made me imagine as a kid aliens like that, intelligent but unable to move/travel.

GravitySucks

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 09, 2017, 02:17:23 AM
Aliens made of meat. Aren't humans meat? I guess in the story the aliens are just slabs of meat, but somehow they built machines without having the ability to use tools.

Those creepy talking trees who threw their apples at Dorothy and her friends in the Wizard of Oz made me imagine as a kid aliens like that, intelligent but unable to move/travel.

#4 is the aliens describing humans

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2017, 01:54:11 AM
If you replace something you have no proof of with something you have no proof of, does it make more sense?

Yes but only if the second one sounds cooler.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 09, 2017, 02:24:26 AM
Yes but only if the second one sounds cooler.

The bible would be much longer if you replaced angels with extraterrestrials.

zeebo

George continues using my most hated generic term of his:  "all this" ... as in "How important is gravity to all this?"  All what?  What are we talking about?  Gravity affects alot of things dude!

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2017, 02:21:12 AM
#4 is the aliens describing humans

hahahahahha wow I'm worse than Jorch, went right over my head.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 09, 2017, 02:28:47 AM
George continues using my most hated generic term of his:  "all this" ... as in "How important is gravity to all this?"  All what?  What are we talking about?  Gravity affects alot of things dude!

This guest had such potential. I am going to recommend him to Howard Hughes.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2017, 02:38:44 AM
This guest had such potential. I am going to recommend him to Howard Hughes.

Agreed.  He explains the science well, and gets extra credit for being a good sport with the woo questions.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 09, 2017, 02:42:56 AM
Agreed.  He explains the science well, and gets extra credit for being a good sport with the woo questions.

I checked some articles about him and got the distinct impression that he was an aetheist. The start of the show seems he was more agnostic.

We need to tinker genetically with dolphins, give them arms and hands/thumbs and see just how smart they are. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 09, 2017, 02:47:30 AM
We need to tinker genetically with dolphins, give them arms and hands/thumbs and see just how smart they are.

It all depends on your paradigm. What if they used to have arms and thumbs and evolved into dolphins so that they didn't need to worry about finding shelter, rubbing sticks together to build a fire, and planting seeds only to have to wait months to see if they would have enough food for the winter?

Now they get to swim when they want, where they want, and even surf the waves without a board. No bills, no taxes, fresh fish. Sounds pretty evolved to me.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2017, 02:52:44 AM
It all depends on your paradigm. What if they used to have arms and thumbs and evolved into dolphins so that they didn't need to worry about finding shelter, rubbing sticks together to build a fire, and planting seeds only to have to wait months to see if they would have enough food for the winter?

Now they get to swim when they want, where they want, and even surf the waves without a board. No bills, no taxes, fresh fish. Sounds pretty evolved to me.

I'd think the fossil records would have evidence of that kind of seemingly backwards evolution.  Not sure how many animals lose body parts as they evolve.  Our ancestors did lose tails I guess.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/09/dolphins-conversation-explained-words-sentences-language-animals

Scientists believe dolphins do have a complex language but thus far they haven't been able to crack the code so to speak.

This Russian scientist thinks he made a huge discovery of two dolphins having a human like conversation - his peers think his work is seriously flawed.

GravitySucks

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 09, 2017, 03:08:23 AM
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/09/dolphins-conversation-explained-words-sentences-language-animals

Scientists believe dolphins do have a complex language but thus far they haven't been able to crack the code so to speak.

This Russian scientist thinks he made a huge discovery of two dolphins having a human like conversation - his peers think his work is seriously flawed.

I have had numerous encounters with dolphins while scuba diving. They are amazing animals. Once, in Belize, we were hanging out waiting for a possible whale shark sighting. You basically just have to float at a given depth blowing bubbles and wait for them to approach. A pod of 4 dolphins started circling below us and would dart back and forth. Looking deeper, past the depths of the dolphins, we could see the outlines of several sharks swimming around. I am positive that those 4 dolphins intervened on our behalf.

I worked for SAIC for 4 years. They have a contract with the Navy to work with the Dolphins that the Navy trains.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/saic-continues-its-support-to-us-navys-marine-mammal-systems-300048219.html

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2017, 03:21:55 AM
I have had numerous encounters with dolphins while scuba diving. They are amazing animals. Once, in Belize, we were hanging out waiting for a possible whale shark sighting. You basically just have to float at a given depth blowing bubbles and wait for them to approach. A pod of 4 dolphins started circling below us and would dart back and forth. Looking deeper, past the depths of the dolphins, we could see the outlines of several sharks swimming around. I am positive that those 4 dolphins intervened on our behalf.

I worked for SAIC for 4 years. They have a contract with the Navy to work with the Dolphins that the Navy trains.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/saic-continues-its-support-to-us-navys-marine-mammal-systems-300048219.html

Neat. I wasn't even aware that the Navy had dolphins working with them.

I just read the Wikipedia entry on dolphin brain/intelligence, amazing stuff. 

Most of the sold commercials on Coast are predatory with older people the prey. I'm listening on a San Francisco station and there's an ad that's been repeating trading on people's fears of ending up in a long term care facility. The info in the commercial is vague, they want people to call - it's a scam I guarantee.

GravitySucks

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 09, 2017, 03:38:02 AM
Most of the sold commercials on Coast are predatory with older people the prey. I'm listening on a San Francisco station and there's an ad that's been repeating trading on people's fears of ending up in a long term care facility. The info in the commercial is vague, they want people to call - it's a scam I guarantee.

The ONLY worthwhile endeavor that I have ever heard Noory plug was Children International. He claimed he sponsored a child and challenged his listeners to sponsor one.

I sponsored a boy in India and a girl in Colombia and kept up my sponsorship until they turned 19. The boy ended up going to university and the girl ended up going to school to become a dental assistant. I was able to communicate with them directly and have lots of letters and pictures from each over the years I sponsored them.

Twice I was laid off from my jobs, but always budgeted for my monthly sponsorship. It was very rewarding.

If he wants to gain some credibility, he should do that again.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/we-ve-hit-our-goal-of-250-sponsorships-thanks

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on May 09, 2017, 01:16:22 AM
Oh dear how insufferable these are after awhile.  Seems so much worse now than they used to be.  Somewhere along the line a bloated, radio-based nanny state decided to instruct us on everything from brushing our teeth to stopping at train crossings. 

I don't so much mind the info I guess - probably does some good in the aggregate.  I'm more annoyed by the childish, patronizing style they all have, with their little cheeky dialogues and silly kids' songs, etc.  There's one about eating your veggies with some kid talking about carrots, who cheerfully says "My favorite flavor is 'crunchy'!"  Puh-lease.   ::)
You nailed it on PSA's, squirrel.  Public Disservice Annoyances.  Man, are they aggravating.  It's like George Soros is setting in some evil, dark tower, issuing instructions for the peasants below.

Dyna-X

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2017, 05:37:48 AM
You nailed it on PSA's, squirrel.  Public Disservice Annoyances.  Man, are they aggravating.  It's like George Soros is setting in some evil, dark tower, issuing instructions for the peasants below.
How I picture iHeart owned radio towers.

albrecht

I went to the web page to see who was on last night. Belzer can be fun so might check out.
"Last Night
May08
Coporate Conspiracies/ Search for ET

Author/actor Richard Belzer exposed corporate wrong-doings. Followed by Prof. Jim Al-Khalili on the search for ET life. "

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2017, 03:49:23 AM
...I sponsored a boy in India and a girl in Colombia and kept up my sponsorship until they turned 19. The boy ended up going to university and the girl ended up going to school to become a dental assistant. I was able to communicate with them directly and have lots of letters and pictures from each over the years I sponsored them.

Twice I was laid off from my jobs, but always budgeted for my monthly sponsorship. It was very rewarding. ...

Very cool.  For a few years now I have been doing micro-loans through www.kiva.org.  You can loan 25 bucks to individuals all over the world, which they use to operate and expand their small businesses.  They pay you back slowly like over 18 mos. or something.  It's both humbling and inspiring.  The site has a good rep and I recommend it to anyone who wants to take some action to make a difference, however small.

What's cool about it is it's not simple charity, it's more like an investment, since you're giving a loan to get people started, and when you get paid back you can roll the credit over to another loan, and so on.  Out of like ten loans I've only had one go bust and that was because a tropical storm hit the Philippines and knocked out one of the third-party agencies there.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2017, 03:49:23 AM
The ONLY worthwhile endeavor that I have ever heard Noory plug was Children International. He claimed he sponsored a child and challenged his listeners to sponsor one.

I sponsored a boy in India and a girl in Colombia and kept up my sponsorship until they turned 19. The boy ended up going to university and the girl ended up going to school to become a dental assistant. I was able to communicate with them directly and have lots of letters and pictures from each over the years I sponsored them.

Twice I was laid off from my jobs, but always budgeted for my monthly sponsorship. It was very rewarding.

If he wants to gain some credibility, he should do that again.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/we-ve-hit-our-goal-of-250-sponsorships-thanks
Stop virtue signalling you evil Christian conservative. We all know the real change and help for people in the 3rd World is accomplished by throwing a brick at a cop, shouting profanity, skipping class, or shutting down a classroom or speech.  ;)

Norry should do that again. If anything to atone for him bilking shut-ins and people on a fixed income with his other products. Whatever happened to that "foundation" he was going to make to help out C2C listeners who were down on their luck, fixed income, elderly, etc?

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on May 09, 2017, 06:18:25 PM
...Norry should do that again. If anything to atone for him bilking shut-ins and people on a fixed income with his other products. Whatever happened to that "foundation" he was going to make to help out C2C listeners who were down on their luck, fixed income, elderly, etc?

Did you hear like a week or so back, a melancholy widow called in, explaining how she'd lost her direction, and didn't know how to make friends - George suggested pararnormaldate to her.   :-\