• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: 73s on May 13, 2016, 07:30:31 PM
... but he is was the master carrot dangling tease Art-ist 😆

fify

Heather was on with Open Lines. Nothing unusual happened.

Juan

I hope Heather doesn't become like George's dog.

Hautex

Quote from: ge30542 on May 13, 2016, 08:58:15 PM
Listening to an old show last night, I've got an Art bumper song in my head ALL DAY.
Walking around, in my most nasally,  Willie Nelson voice....."I was a highwayman, along the coach roads I did ride"   Drivin me crazy!
I came across his "Macarena" bumper from a 1996 show...please kill me now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBYM6g8Tck

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ge30542 on May 13, 2016, 08:58:15 PM
Listening to an old show last night, I've got an Art bumper song in my head ALL DAY.
Walking around, in my most nasally,  Willie Nelson voice....."I was a highwayman, along the coach roads I did ride"   Drivin me crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH-m9W0

AppealPlay

Quote from: ShayP on May 08, 2016, 01:48:35 AM
Good to see you Michael.  8)  Hope all is well.  :)

All is well, thanks. :)

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 13, 2016, 06:50:36 PM
Art can handle 5 hours.  Heather simply can't. It is not a put-down but Heather is not as interesting as Art.
To be fair, would you listen to five hours even if Art did return?  I used to when I worked shift work... I no longer have the time to work full time, have a life, get home and turn on ANY broadcast for 5 hours.  I simply do not have 25 hours a week to dedicate to a radio program (or even 20, or 15...)

Things were easier back when, for Art.  Carried on terrestrial radio, he did not have the kind of competition for listeners (and night shift crews could "stumble" on the show.  Unless I specifically am looking for Heather, I am not going to have some random exposure.

Sorry- but 5 hours a day of anybody is not going to fly (unless they have a nationally syndicated show where they can build a base when people jump in their car and catch them accidentally one day...)

LadyFish

Quote from: Drunkenyoyomaster on May 13, 2016, 07:35:07 AM
As much as I'm truly trying to like Heather, she is most certainly NOT well read. Her lack of knowledge on just about everything is really getting to me. She doesn't know what the electoral college is. She doesn't realize buprenorphine is the active ingredient in at least 5 medications she discussed. She has almost zero science under her belt. Her well-read-ness consists of Bill Birnes books.

It does come up on almost every show that Heather is a witch and is apparently very knowledgeable regarding magic. When I tuned in briefly to last night's open lines she was telling a caller how to deal with a curse or something by putting salt by his bed and some other stuff (sorry wasn't listening too closely).

With Heather being a witch and all, I do wonder why Art didn't make use of her talents to deal with his stalker, as he claimed to have known the likely identity of the stalker.

Just Me

I'm a channeler and here is what Art Bell has channeled to me, for you.

Hi peoples of the night.

I wish to thank you all for the nice things said about me.

Somewhere in time I will be resurrected again to entertain my dearly beloved followers.

During the resurrection ceremony please be patient cause it cost a lot a money to reinvent the wrinkled up wheel.

Some of you hate me and that's fine, I deserve it.

For those who love me with pure devotion, know I am floating in the stars thinking of coming back to you, again.

Sure I been naughty with phony gun shot stories and death threats, I have to build myself up so I can fleece the flock once more.

Be good to one another and I will be back, I promise, somewhere in time, I will be back.

Kolchak

Quote from: 73s on May 13, 2016, 05:50:10 PM
...And it seems all earlier promotional references to MITD are now deleted from his Facebook (or made private).

I see the one from April 14 is still inexplicably up. Perhaps that specific plug was a really good one.

73s

Quote from: Kolchak on May 14, 2016, 04:02:58 PM
I see the one from April 14 is still inexplicably up. Perhaps that specific plug was a really good one.

That's up but all the ones from the past few weeks are gone. And the one from last night now has its comments hidden.

Whatever. It just seems odd but it's his Facebook.

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on May 14, 2016, 01:16:58 PM
To be fair, would you listen to five hours even if Art did return?  I used to when I worked shift work... I no longer have the time to work full time, have a life, get home and turn on ANY broadcast for 5 hours.  I simply do not have 25 hours a week to dedicate to a radio program (or even 20, or 15...)

4 hrs. is the absolute max for me, and that's for a rock star host.  I think 2-3 is a much better range for a nightly show.  Might just be me but there seems to be alot more media distractions now, from other podcasts, to netflix, to video games, to even e-books, etc.  Also sometimes I do try to go outside.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on May 14, 2016, 07:58:59 AM
I hope Heather doesn't become like George's dog.
Heh.  That would still be better than being Bobo's pony.

chefist

Anti-Christ open lines at IHate Radio from 1996 SIT with Art...still fun to listen to...

Quote from: zeebo on May 14, 2016, 06:58:24 PM
4 hrs. is the absolute max for me, and that's for a rock star host.  I think 2-3 is a much better range for a nightly show...  Also sometimes I do try to go outside.

At 3am?

Quote from: LadyFish on May 14, 2016, 02:08:24 PM
... With Heather being a witch and all, I do wonder why Art didn't make use of her talents to deal with his stalker, as he claimed to have known the likely identity of the stalker.

Wasn't one of the story iterations Art knew who the stalker was, and it was a neighbor kid (or was that two separate story lines?, I've lost track)?  In any case, not really a threat? 

Anyway, Art was putting in place super secret security measures, so by now he should be fine.

Speaking of Art, remember him recommending the book 'Gravity' by Tess Gerritsen?

I bot that book based on his recommendation, and it wasn't very good at all - although I did manage to finish it thinking it was going to get better.  It was dull and felt outdated.  I did enjoy an interview he did with her after reading it, and ended up getting a few of her later books - which were much better but still not anything I'd recommend.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 14, 2016, 08:38:42 PM
Speaking of Art, remember him recommending the book 'Gravity' by Tess Gerritsen?

I bot that book based on his recommendation, it wasn't very good at all although I did manage to finish it thinking it was going to get better.  I did enjoy the interview he did with her, and ended up reading a few of her later books after that show - which were much better but still not anything I'd recommend.

I ordered 'I origin' from Netflix because Art said it was really good. I think it's about reincarnation. I've gotten through about a half hour of it. I'm trying to finish it. It's not great so far. I just wish they would get to the point. That said I read Contact a long time ago because a math teacher recommended it. I loved it. Art says it's one of his favorite movies, but I didn't like the movie that much. It either glosses over or completely ignores one of the best parts of the book. It's the part when Sagan writes about taking pi so far as to find the answer to life. Or something like that. It has been a long time since I read it.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 14, 2016, 08:46:55 PM
I ordered 'I origin' from Netflix because Art said it was really good. I think it's about reincarnation. I've gotten through about a half hour of it. I'm trying to finish it. It's not great so far. I just wish they would get to the point. That said I read Contact a long time ago because a math teacher recommended it. I loved it. Art says it's one of his favorite movies, but I didn't like the movie that much. It either glosses over or completely ignores one of the best parts of the book. It's the part when Sagan writes about taking pi so far as to find the answer to life. Or something like that. It has been a long time since I read it.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it could be the concepts that interest him, not so much the writing

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 14, 2016, 09:00:08 PM
Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it could be the concepts that interest him, not so much the writing

Yeah, I'm going to get through it. I'll post about it when I do. If you mean the movie Contact then damn, I hope he read the book. It's so much better.

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 14, 2016, 08:41:46 PM
At 3am?
Last spring I was on my roof @3AM in a house coat and headlamp with a hose cleaning out my gutters.  It is also a good time for weeding the garden or fertilizing the lawn.  I always hope my neighbours are asleep- If not, I'm sure that I am known as "that neighbour..."

LucaParcelli

This is my first post ever on BellGab. Long time creepy lurker. Now I am here to discuss the ArtBell unfortunately too late to discuss ArtBell.  :-X

Lilith

Quote from: LucaParcelli on May 15, 2016, 02:03:03 AM
This is my first post ever on BellGab. Long time creepy lurker. Now I am here to discuss the ArtBell unfortunately too late to discuss ArtBell.  :-X

Welcome to BellGab!  Please post often!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: pate on May 15, 2016, 04:45:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7UrFYvl5TE

I think this sums it up, though I think the sensitive folk amongst us should not click play:

https://youtu.be/awY1MRlMKMc

ziznak

Quote from: LucaParcelli on May 15, 2016, 02:03:03 AM
shhhhh... we DO NOT even utter his NAME here

ziznak

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 15, 2016, 05:01:41 AM
I think this sums it up, though I think the sensitive folk amongst us should not click play:

https://youtu.be/awY1MRlMKMc

whoa she's throwing rollins around now

pate

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 15, 2016, 05:01:41 AM

folk amongst us should not click play:

Dander and sensibilities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7MZwH24CI8

did I type that out lao?

ziznak

great now im depressed...