• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151029 - Neil deGrasse Tyson - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 29, 2015, 04:28:00 PM

Weirdoradio

Sounds like we need to have a sequel. Lack of flat earth mentions. No one claiming to be Pluto calling in to shame Neil.

ART, GET ON THE HORN. Fix it up!

Also Art keeps claiming he never mentions the Time Traveler subscription model but this is the second of four nights this week he does. And he does it pretty consistently online too.

trostol

SaucyRossy

You know when Tyson says the questions were great that he is being honest and giving a very high compliment. I can't wait till he's back on. Art thank you and Heather thank you!!! Now I'm totally ready for dead air tomorrow.

Zzzzillion

That show stunk.

By the way ... anyone know how to avoid repeatedly seeing this:

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

when trying to post?

Zenman

I knew 3 hours wasn't gonna be enough. That was goodie for sure!

I guess we didn't get the gabbers thru because MITD is getting way popular. Yippie!

Bradsmith313

Quote from: trostol on October 30, 2015, 12:56:09 AM
great show..he needs to come back on
Yeah. Last night's show was a kick and now this. Classic Art Bell.

coaster

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 30, 2015, 12:55:33 AM
I don't know but I think there is a sphere of probability that constrains what's possible. I think it is possible for something to be outside the sphere of probability.
I recently read an article on multiverses stating that it was a misconception that an infinite number of things can happen even in an infinite amount of universes. I forget what magazine it was in. Still fun thinking about it though.

SaucyRossy

All of us who have Twitter should tweet bomb Neil Degrassi Tyson and thank him for coming on art's show

AppealPlay

Quote from: Zenman on October 30, 2015, 12:57:51 AM
I knew 3 hours wasn't gonna be enough. That was goodie for sure!

I guess we didn't get the gabbers thru because MITD is getting way popular. Yippie!

I do sincerely wish Art would have decided to do four hours.  Many of his shows feel incomplete because it's only three hours.  Of course, 3 hours of Art is better than four hours of most anyone else.

Art rules. :)

PrairieGhost

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 30, 2015, 12:59:10 AM
All of us who have Twitter should tweet bomb Neil Degrassi Tyson and thank him for coming on art's show

Good idea!

bateman

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on October 30, 2015, 12:57:56 AM
Yeah. Last night's show was a kick and now this. Classic Art Bell.

Totally agree. Put the last 2 shows in an archive of 90s shows and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 30, 2015, 12:57:44 AM
You know when Tyson says the questions were great that he is being honest and giving a very high compliment. I can't wait till he's back on. Art thank you and Heather thank you!!! Now I'm totally ready for dead air tomorrow.
I think the GIS will show up. Good way to end the week. Yes, kudos to Art and Heather.

TigerLily

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 30, 2015, 12:59:10 AM
Good idea. Will do tomorrow

Barfly

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 30, 2015, 12:57:44 AM
I agree , thanks to Heather for getting Neil on, he is hard to get, regardless if people love or hate him.

chefist

A new classic! Goodnight folks! See you all here tomorrow night!

AppealPlay

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on October 30, 2015, 01:00:00 AM
I think the GIS will show up. Good way to end the week. Yes, kudos to Art and Heather.

I hope so!  They did say they would be back for Halloween and Art hinted at it.  Art is in great form recently.  I love it! :D :D :D

Lt.Uhura

Yay!  That was great radio!  Both Art & Tyson passionate and knowledgeable.  They touched on so many subjects.  Time just flew by!

Barfly

Quote from: Zzzzillion on October 30, 2015, 12:57:48 AM
That show stunk.

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

when trying to post?
I have NEVER had a issue with this site, but im on Linux..but i dont think windows or mac users should have a issue either

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zzzzillion on October 30, 2015, 12:57:48 AM
That show stunk.

when trying to post?
Go into your profile settings and uncheck the box