• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bug Out Bags - What's in yours?

Started by missing transmission, July 05, 2014, 12:18:08 PM

Although rarely a necessity in my neck of the global woods... I'm led to believe that many folks in flood, hurricane, fire prone areas of the USA either already have or are encouraged to have a Bug Out Bag.

Does yours contain anything unusual?
- A pocket theremin for the hurricane shelter?
- a compact MP3 player with packed with vintage C2C Art Bell shows?
- grey Goose vodka for that End of the World as we Know It moment?

Quote from: missing transmission on July 05, 2014, 12:18:08 PM
[/quote

I would recommend Everclear over Grey Goose vodka.  At 190 proof, it can serve three functions:

1) Antiseptic
2) Fuel
3) Entertainment

Space is king when it comes to bug out bags.

Stellar

Quote from: missing transmission on July 05, 2014, 12:18:08 PM
Although rarely a necessity in my neck of the global woods... I'm led to believe that many folks in flood, hurricane, fire prone areas of the USA either already have or are encouraged to have a Bug Out Bag.

Does yours contain anything unusual?
- A pocket theremin for the hurricane shelter?
- a compact MP3 player with packed with vintage C2C Art Bell shows?

Don't worry stay put, I shall be with you  †

Quote from: Stellar on July 05, 2014, 01:49:47 PM

Well Jesus said the same thing and never showed up.  I'm going with the booze.

wr250

dont let quick karl see that....

Stellar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 05, 2014, 01:53:38 PM
Well Jesus said the same thing and never showed up.  I'm going with the booze.
Oh but he will and now I shall reveal a secret. 

In Revelation 22; Jesus repeats and says 3 times I come quickly.  He was here already,  Then he ushers out the Church in a Twinkling of and eye.  And finally he shouts in an extremely loud all encompassing voice at the end at Armageddon; an earthquake ensues an it is done at the Megiddo  plane.  Foul shall sup on men who play with arms (weapons)  Great and small!

Quote from: Stellar on July 05, 2014, 02:50:42 PM

In Revelation 22; Jesus repeats and says 3 times I come quickly.

Well as you know the Book of Revelation was written more than 60 years after Jesus died.  No one wrote down anything contemporaneously that Jesus said, and there is always disagreement amongst witnesses about the verbatim wording of memorable utterances by anyone (in the absence of some sort of recording).  On top of that, some dude with a different theology than "John" (the putative author of Revelation), who didn't know Hebrew, came in at a later date and messed around with everything after 20.3, leaving it logically haphazard and a bit of a mess.  There's also a school of thought that contends that verse 22 is a surviving prophecy of John the Baptist, which means that it certainly would not be a literal rendering of anything Jesus might have said (kind of like how some dudes have taken a story about Revolutionary War general Israel Putnam and replaced Putnam with George Washington, 'cause it aggrandized Washington).

So I would be cautious about taking this stuff as imperatives or assigning any great significance to it. 

Quote from: Stellar on July 05, 2014, 02:50:42 PM

In Revelation 22; Jesus repeats and says 3 times I come quickly.  He was here already,  Then he ushers out the Church in a Twinkling of and eye.  And finally he shouts in an extremely loud all encompassing voice at the end at Armageddon; an earthquake ensues an it is done at the Megiddo  plane.  Foul shall sup on men who play with arms (weapons)  Great and small!

I've covered this already, in way or another, on this site, several years ago.

Granted, I told the story using the combined source materials of The Munsters series and the books of Carlos Castaneda, but the thrust was there.

Stellar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 05, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
Well as you know the Book of Revelation was written more than 60 years after Jesus died.  No one wrote down anything contemporaneously that Jesus said, and there is always disagreement amongst witnesses about the verbatim wording of memorable utterances by anyone (in the absence of some sort of recording).  On top of that, some dude with a different theology than "John" (the putative author of Revelation), who didn't know Hebrew, came in at a later date and messed around with everything after 20.3, leaving it logically haphazard and a bit of a mess.  There's also a school of thought that contends that verse 22 is a surviving prophecy of John the Baptist, which means that it certainly would not be a literal rendering of anything Jesus might have said (kind of like how some dudes have taken a story about Revolutionary War general Israel Putnam and replaced Putnam with George Washington, 'cause it aggrandized Washington).

So I would be cautious about taking this stuff as imperatives or assigning any great significance to it.
Leave your intellect behind you.  It's your heart that is in need of repair.

Does the rock know from where it came.  And does the Apple of long ago is it not what divided us here for she ate as I did.  Yes the past is what it is<Only The Moment is where Peace can be found>Neither fret over your Future if you belong and believe in God via Christ.

Quote from: Stellar on July 05, 2014, 03:21:07 PM
Leave your intellect behind you.  It's your heart that is in need of repair.

Does the rock know from where it came.  And does the Apple of long ago is it not what divided us here for she ate as I did.  Yes the past is what it is<Only The Moment is where Peace can be found>Neither fret over your Future if you belong and believe in God via Christ.

Dude no offence but you seem like a bit of a nutjob to me.  You don't have any normal friends that aren't quite as far out there that I could talk to about this subject, do you?

I'm still stuck on trying to figure out where Adam and Eve's sons found wives.  Russia? The Philippines? Craigslist?

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 05, 2014, 03:23:27 PM
I'm still stuck on trying to figure out where Adam and Eve's sons found wives.  Russia? The Philippines? Craigslist?

You know there's just a ton of different versions of most of the stuff in the bible so not surprisingly different people believe different things.  In the Judaic and Islamic versions of the old testament, Can and Abel are each born with a twin sister.  So at that point there are four kids, two boys and two girls.  Adam decided that he could get around the incest problem by having Cain marry Abel's twin sister and vice versa.  Cain refused cause he had his eye on his twin sister, while Abel respected his dad and went ahead and married her and boom-shaka-lakkal-lakka.  This led to a sequence of events where Cain ended up killing Abel.  A lot of freaky shit in the bible for a holy book, if you asked me.

In case of a TEOTWAWKI [The End of the the World as we know it] event

I would suggest that by all means bring a copy of the bible, if you must. But read it in your own time ... AFTER we have repelled the ravening hordes of radioactive zombies.

Even though I've never owned a fire-arm [and am never likely to]  I listened to a few podcasts featuring the author of this book

He recommended a Glock above all other weapons as it was the easiest to train/use etc..Whereas other threads I've found on the same topic suggested a model of .22 rifle whose parts and ammunition were ubiquitous throughout the United States.

Quote from: missing transmission on July 05, 2014, 03:49:57 PM
Even though I've never owned a fire-arm [and am never likely to]  I listened to a few podcasts featuring the author of this book

Any tips about booze and chicks in that book?

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 05, 2014, 03:51:31 PM
Any tips about booze and chicks in that book?

I've not actually read it as it's a bit pricey [I suspect because it's print-on-demand]... so who knows.

But it may contain...

...better foreplay tips  than Rhonda Byrnes "The Secret"
...more authentic recipes than "The Joy of Sex"
...better cocktails than "The Name of the Rose"
...leaner muscles than "Atlas Shrugged"

Quote from: missing transmission on July 05, 2014, 04:10:04 PM
...better cocktails than "The Name of the Rose"

I don't think they had cocktails in 1327, man.  That's not a fair comparison.

Stellar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 05, 2014, 03:23:01 PM
Dude no offence but you seem like a bit of a nutjob to me.  You don't have any normal friends that aren't quite as far out there that I could talk to about this subject, do you?
Do not reply to me ever again.  You shall have your due.

albrecht

Quote from: missing transmission on July 05, 2014, 03:49:57 PM
In case of a TEOTWAWKI [The End of the the World as we know it] event

I would suggest that by all means bring a copy of the bible, if you must. But read it in your own time ... AFTER we have repelled the ravening hordes of radioactive zombies.

He recommended a Glock above all other weapons as it was the easiest to train/use etc..Whereas other threads I've found on the same topic suggested a model of .22 rifle whose parts and ammunition were ubiquitous throughout the United States.
I think a .22 rifle would be a good first choice as cheap and ammo is cheap (though, like other ammo, many stores are now are limiting number of boxes due to the Obama stimulus), no recoil, relatively quite or easy to suppress, and can be used to poaching (ONLY in an emergency) for things up to White Tail (shoot in head.) And for the inexperienced (or anybody) I suggest a cheap .22 revolver (easy to clean, reliable, deadly at close range, and can take more rounds.)

For more expensive or anti-personnel/ZombieHordes at range, I would buy rifle consistent with military specs calibers (UN, NATO, Russia, Chinese, etc). That way you can take ammo off of the occupying or invading forces once dealt with. 

Stellar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 05, 2014, 03:23:27 PM
Out of Turkey which is where the Garden of Eden was.  Adam & Eve's which were many intermarried!

Then after the flood this continued!

Quote from: albrecht on July 05, 2014, 04:22:22 PM
I think a .22 rifle would be a good first choice as cheap and ammo is cheap (though, like other ammo, many stores are now are limiting number of boxes due to the Obama stimulus), no recoil, relatively quite or easy to suppress, and can be used to poaching (ONLY in an emergency) for things up to White Tail (shoot in head.) And for the inexperienced (or anybody) I suggest a cheap .22 revolver (easy to clean, reliable, deadly at close range, and can take more rounds.)

For more expensive or anti-personnel/ZombieHordes at range, I would buy rifle consistent with military specs calibers (UN, NATO, Russia, Chinese, etc). That way you can take ammo off of the occupying or invading forces once dealt with.

You're talking like this is actually going to happen, man.

McPhallus

How did you go from being a conspiracy freak to a guy who thinks he's Jeebus?  I don't get it.

Quote from: Stellar on July 05, 2014, 04:27:04 PM
Out of Turkey which is where the Garden of Eden was.  Adam & Eve's which were many intermarried!

Then after the flood this continued!

Does The Bible mention when God made those other folks?  And aren't you talking about incest here with Adam and Eve's kids, and Noah and his family repopulating the post-flood Earth all by their lonesomes?  I thought that was a big Biblical no-no.

albrecht

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 05, 2014, 04:28:04 PM
You're talking like this is actually going to happen, man.
Pure speculation in response to the thread. A "what if" fantasy, if you will. Though like the Boy Scouts used to say "be prepared" is never a bad thing. But, obviously, I don't advocate violence or illegality. The best "prep" is getting to know your neighbors, local police and sheriff, etc so if "something" happens you have a group/community to survive together.

onan

If the shit hits the fan, I have a go car, a go bike, and a go boat. Along with a bunch of go guns.

Stellar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 05, 2014, 04:37:00 PM
Does The Bible mention when God made those other folks?  And aren't you talking about incest here with Adam and Eve's kids, and Noah and his family repopulating the post-flood Earth all by their lonesomes?  I thought that was a big Biblical no-no.

QuoteAbraham and Sarah[edit]
Thirteen years later, when Abram was ninety-nine years of age, God declared Abram's new name: "Abraham" â€" "a father of many nations" (Genesis 17:5). Abraham then received the instructions for the covenant of circumcision (Genesis 17:10-14). Circumcision was necessary to be part of this 'great nation', whether by bloodline or inducted. Then God declared Sarai's new name: "Sarah" and blessed her and told Abraham, "I will give thee a son also of her". (Genesis 17:15-16) But Abraham laughed, and "said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" (Genesis 17:17) Immediately after Abraham's encounter with God, he had his entire household of men, including himself (age 99) and Ishmael (age 13), circumcised. (Genesis 17:22â€"27)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham

Quote from: Stellar on July 05, 2014, 04:45:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham

Abraham was still descended directly from Noah, as was everyone who was born after the flood (and circumcision had nothing to do with it).   Unless, there are a few pages that say otherwise missing from The Bible. 

albrecht

Quote from: onan on July 05, 2014, 04:40:54 PM
If the shit hits the fan, I have a go car, a go bike, and a go boat. Along with a bunch of go guns.
and a GoPro camera so you can post cool videos on youtube.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 05, 2014, 04:51:19 PM
Abraham was still descended directly from Noah, as was everyone who was born after the flood (and circumcision had nothing to do with it).   Unless, there are a few pages that say otherwise missing from The Bible. 

Maybe he has the Teachers Edition of the Bible...

..the one with the illustrated "Song of Solomon" ... if-you-know-what-I-mean  ;)

Quote from: missing transmission on July 05, 2014, 05:01:43 PM
Maybe he has the Teachers Edition of the Bible...

..the one with the illustrated "Song of Solomon" ... if-you-know-what-I-mean  ;)

Say no more!

And I'd like to know more about Noah's sons, Ham and Shemp.

[attachimg=1] [attachimg=2]

Quote from: onan on July 05, 2014, 04:40:54 PM

Don't forget this: