• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Caravan to Midnight

Started by Original Larry, September 28, 2015, 11:36:00 AM

Lilith

Quote from: Original Larry on July 31, 2016, 10:40:18 AM
John always speaks in metaphor when he does not want to be clear. So what do you think, Bomar? Was that a pre-recorded interview? The audio quality was shit, I'm listening now, so far I haven't heard the Skype hiccup signature.

I started listening a couple times, and I just kept loosing interest, but I will try again later and let you know if I think it was a pre recorded "live" saturday night or not.  Now I'm wondering if any of the sat nights are live, I hadn't thought of it.

I might remember incorrectly, but seems to me he said he has someone taking care of the chat FOR him.  To me, this suggests that he is not the poster behind the CTM posts in the chat.

Elane237

Quote from: brig on July 31, 2016, 10:52:11 AM
  Now I'm wondering if any of the sat nights are live, I hadn't thought of it.
I always thought that they are pre-recorded, but no way to prove it.  Didn't know to listen for a glitch in Skype. Hmmm!

Lilith

Quote from: Elane237 on July 31, 2016, 10:56:02 AM
I always thought that they are pre-recorded, but no way to prove it.  Didn't know to listen for a glitch in Skype. Hmmm!

Just a thought, it's possible they might leave an occasional Skype glitch in, just to make it seem "more live-ish".  Just sayin.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Original Larry on July 31, 2016, 09:28:06 AM

Oh yes, he is. I listened to Marzulli's podcast on 7/28, and he mentioned he had done an interview with Wells over the weekend. At least that's what I heard.
If so, it's a big slap in the face to CTM subscribers to have him on the radio program, after being "sick" for two days. I'm posting the link, if you hear differently, please let me know. Right now, I am so pissed off I could bite nails.
Didn't he say something about the Caravaners getting it first?

http://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/9081415/072816_acceleration_radio.mp3

Hey O.L.

I listened to Ark Midnight via KLIF app and heard nothing very specific in the way of an explanation for his absence--just that he was rundown and some vague reference to mold, mildew and spores, etc. It seems to me that John runs on the edge much of the time. I think he had some sort of a meltdown under the pressure of having to produce the additional Saturday night broadcast in which case he would be stiffing his paying subscribers to CTM.  Maybe we should ask him to post a note from his doctor.

Kid, maybe we should ask him if his word means anything to him.
just sayin'

Lilith

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 31, 2016, 11:14:49 AM
Hey O.L.

I listened to Ark Midnight via KLIF app and heard nothing very specific in the way of an explanation for his absence--just that he was rundown and some vague reference to mold, mildew and spores, etc. It seems to me that John runs on the edge much of the time. I think he had some sort of a meltdown under the pressure of having to produce the additional Saturday night broadcast in which case he would be stiffing his paying subscribers to CTM.  Maybe we should ask him to post a note from his doctor.

I would like it better if subscriptions were replaced with a donate button.

Misty says

Mold? I'd suspect the drinking water and other fracking goodies...

Lilith

Quote from: Original Larry on July 31, 2016, 12:12:49 PM
just sayin'

Well, you know, it was a big commitment, having to deliver on those three month, six months, and one year subscriptions. And to be fair, he offered live video, which he never delivered.  Being a man of his word, well, never mind.

Misty says

Panhandling in the panhandle! you're in 150 countries!

Misty says

Another year, another DVD... Still no DNA?...
L.A., 'do you mind if we take a call'?..."It's a CALL IN SHOW"!

Oh my God! I posted the wrong "Acceleration Radio"! When I find it , i'll post it and put up the correct one, and tell you exactly where on the mp3 he says he did a JB Wells show.
my humblest apologies.

Quote from: Misty says on July 31, 2016, 12:45:50 PM
Another year, another DVD... Still no DNA?...
L.A., 'do you mind if we take a call'?..."It's a CALL IN SHOW"!

You are correct Misty, I hadn't finished listening. Of course, there is no way to fake a call. I don't think John is that low.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/mxpw/072116-acceleration-radio?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+fringeradio+%28Fringe+Radio+Network%29
It is at 54:32. What do you think happened. This was on 7/21
Apparently nobody gives a crap but me, so I'm going to the unicorn races with Jackstar. I hear there is dwarf tossing there too. Good times!

Quote from: brig on July 31, 2016, 12:36:54 PM
Well, you know, it was a big commitment, having to deliver on those three month, six months, and one year subscriptions. And to be fair, he offered live video, which he never delivered.  Being a man of his word, well, never mind.
You are forgetting the newsletter, Brig.
just sayin'

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Elane237 on July 31, 2016, 10:48:03 AM
ROFL!  Unfortunately, he's note all that good at it!

Please define ROFL for the new kid.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Original Larry on July 31, 2016, 12:12:49 PM
just sayin'

Yeah O.L. that would be a good idea if you are prepared for a lengthy harangue in which he castigates his godless critics and reminds us of what a stand-up guy he always has been. 

Elane237

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 31, 2016, 04:07:39 PM
Please define ROFL for the new kid.
Rolling on floor laughing

Kidnostad3

TAM to Weedeater and Elane237.

weedeater

some slippage happening here

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Misty says on July 31, 2016, 12:32:49 PM
Mold? I'd suspect the drinking water and other fracking goodies...

Yeah Misty, it's a fracking shame.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Elane237 on July 31, 2016, 08:42:34 AM
Bomar,
What are your thoufhts on using a dual system .... Ubuntu alongside Windows?

Not directed at me, but FWIW, I use Debian for my main work machines, and alongside Windows 10 on my home theatre rig. Ubuntu is largely based on Debian and is a fine choice if you're wanting to try Linux; another one is Mint, too. It's like using Windows XP or 7, but still kept up to date. Either will dual install alongside Windows easily and give you a startup menu to choose which one to boot in to.

Quote from: brig on July 31, 2016, 10:52:11 AM
I started listening a couple times, and I just kept loosing interest, but I will try again later and let you know if I think it was a pre recorded "live" saturday night or not.  Now I'm wondering if any of the sat nights are live, I hadn't thought of it.

I might remember incorrectly, but seems to me he said he has someone taking care of the chat FOR him.  To me, this suggests that he is not the poster behind the CTM posts in the chat.

I got that impression, too. The guy is trying to run a Web 1.0 operation in a Web 2.0 world. If you contrast Wells with Art Bell back in the heyday, Bell was hands-on and his input with the site and fans was obvious. Bell would talk about some new feature and it would be implemented quick. Wells, he talks in circles about having connections with the hacker "underworld" (whatever that means, most of those guys with any talent contract themselves anyway), but whilst he puts in the time to maintain that kind of relationship, he can't be assed enough to get a decent website up.

Lilith

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on July 31, 2016, 08:37:58 PM

I got that impression, too. The guy is trying to run a Web 1.0 operation in a Web 2.0 world. If you contrast Wells with Art Bell back in the heyday, Bell was hands-on and his input with the site and fans was obvious. Bell would talk about some new feature and it would be implemented quick. Wells, he talks in circles about having connections with the hacker "underworld" (whatever that means, most of those guys with any talent contract themselves anyway), but whilst he puts in the time to maintain that kind of relationship, he can't be assed enough to get a decent website up.

Indeed.  I would think with all the connections Wells claims to have, that many of the best would be offering to build his website for free, just for mention for having done so on the site somewhere.  In episode 162, he had that guy "Full Spectrum Dominance webmaster Xander Dal Riata" on.  I had the idea in my head that he might have been doing the website.  I was probably wrong.

I Am Gary

Quote from: brig on July 31, 2016, 08:51:03 PM
Indeed.  I would think with all the connections Wells claims to have, that many of the best would be offering to build his website for free, just for mention for having done so on the site somewhere.  In episode 162, he had that guy "Full Spectrum Dominance webmaster Xander Dal Riata" on.  I had the idea in my head that he might have been doing the website.  I was probably wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HemKGDavw

Oops! Somebody let the ugly, old hag get a hold of the whiskey again....

Lilith

Quote from: I Am Gary on July 31, 2016, 11:36:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HemKGDavw

Oops! Somebody let the ugly, old hag get a hold of the whiskey again....

I'm sorry, you must have mistaken me for some other ugly old hag, I don't drink, I'm just like this naturally.

"schedule update: Starting from August 1,
There will no longer be a Monday show,
instead there will be a show on Tuesday â€" Friday along
with Saturday nights on Ark Midnight, 10pm â€" 12am
on KLIF570AM / live stream on www.klif.com

Thank you all for your patients."
(sic)
What do you think of our hero now, bellgabber/caravaners?

Kidnostad3

Elane237

Quote from: Misty says on August 01, 2016, 12:04:53 PM

Remember, when he started out he was promising 4 nights a week, yet he has been delivering an average of 4.   He's gotta have time to sober up! Rofl!