• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

136 or 142

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 31, 2016, 03:39:55 PM
1.I've written previously why I post here.  One of my concerns is the debasement of language with the use of meaningless phrases and slogans. You happen to be the #1 exemplar here of engaging in that.

On the Washington State Secretary of State Website they have a link on the candidate's name that allows them to send in some information about themselves and write a statement.

This is the statement by Republican First District candidate Robert Sutherland, who advanced to the runoff.

Were Robert Sutherland on this board, I think he'd be the only poster I'd concern myself with.  This is a truly incredible statement in terms of its use of mind numbing, often factually incorrect or otherwise simplistic talking points and meaningless phrases and slogans:

"Statement: Professional politicians are dividing Americans, between Left vs Right, Rich vs Poor, Black vs White. I will fight for everyone’s Rights in the US Constitution and to limit the federal government’s involvement into every aspect of our personal lives, including NSA spying on innocent Americans, which doctors we can or cannot go see, or allowing men into girls restrooms. Enough already, you’re fired.

Meanwhile Congress is bankrupting the Country with their never-ending deficit spending on foreign aid, ever-increasing welfare programs and endless wars on drugs, poverty and terror. I will fight for a balanced budget and debt reduction so we don’t pass on to our children a debt so large they will struggle to pay it back.

Like Ronald Reagan I consider myself a “Citizen Politician”, having spent most of my life outside of politics. Like JF Kennedy I believe “Ask not what your Country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your Country.” And like Martin Luther King JR. I believe we should “judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character.”

A “rising tide lifts all boats”. Lowering the tax burden on American companies to globally competitive rates will jump-start our economy, create jobs and lift wages. “Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.” Let’s help those who need our help, not by giving them endless free stuff but by teaching them the necessary skills they need to become proud, productive members of our community, lowering deficit spending.

Secure our borders. Heal our sick veterans. 0% student loans. No freeway tolls. Only citizens can vote. Replace Obamacare. End the IRS, BLM, DOE, ATF. Jail corrupt politicians. Go Hawks."

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 31, 2016, 09:53:12 PM
Haven't read this yet, but one scenario with the Russians has always seemed fairly likely to me. One way the KGB/Russian spy agencies have typically operated in foreign countries was to use blackmail to get people in sensitive positions to compromise themselves. Can you imagine a bigger or easier target than Trump?

While a sex scandal wouldn't bother Trump a bit, what would bother him is evidence of a crime, particularly a crime that once exposed could lead to the ruination of his business empire. What wouldn't he do to avoid that kind of failure? Not much.

So I am certain that the FBI is just one of many U.S. intelligence agencies looking at the Trump-Russia connection. There should be more to come on that story although we may never know the whole story.

This is the other Slate article on Trump which suggests, in line with what I or anyone could easily speculate, that Trump not only would be but was a blackmail target for the Russians.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/31/russia_s_reportedly_been_cultivating_relationship_with_trump_for_five_years.html

Value Of Pi

OTOH, this NYT article suggests there is no blackmail plot at work, just the Russians trying to make as much trouble as possible during the election. We'll see what we'll see.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

Quote from: chefist on October 31, 2016, 08:50:37 PM
Ah, so sorry lefty snowflakes...your talking point lie just got outed...

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/793264482340446208
Dear Trumptard - are the FBI correct when they say that the Russians where behind the e-mail hacks?  Or are they only correct when it is something that Trump agrees with?    I'll wait for your answer, as Trump hasn't told you what to think about this situation yet.

chefist

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 01, 2016, 06:34:42 AM
Dear Trumptard - are the FBI correct when they say that the Russians where behind the e-mail hacks?  Or are they only correct when it is something that Trump agrees with?    I'll wait for your answer, as Trump hasn't told you what to think about this situation yet.

Snowflakes are crying and whining...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on October 31, 2016, 02:02:46 PM
He's not bad, he's just Hungarian. Why you gotta be hatin'? Those vampire Templars aren't going to bankrupt themselves, someone has to wear the Van Helsing suit.

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

I don't know. It seems like a lot of babies have been thrown out with the bathwater his way.

“As a Christian woman, I understand persecution...Your information is totally false. What you're telling the American people â€" well, Podesta's e-mails were stolen. You're so interested in talking about stolen material and you're like a thief that wants to bring into the night the things that you found that was in the gutter.”

136 or 142

Quote from: chefist on November 01, 2016, 06:49:03 AM
https://twitter.com/KGBVeteran/status/793330515730366464

This is fake, the video was doctored, it's been discussed already on the Hillary Clinton thread.  You naive Trumptard.  Once again somebody was needed to correct the record to clear up Chefist's stupidity.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2016, 07:54:33 AM
His speech and the interview afterward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-LJqPQEJ4

I thought this was a pretty good summary, though I quit listening about 10 minutes into his speech.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2016/10/31/peter_thiel_s_case_for_donald_trump_isn_t_devious_it_s_banal.html

There was a good point there I didn't think of:  Thiel complained a good deal about being insulted by some gay magazine yet excused Trump for insulting, at various times, pretty much everybody but white males throwing out the standard bullshit of something like 'Trump just isn't very well spoken.'  So, as the article points out, apparently Thiel thinks magazines should be held to a higher standard than the President of the United States.

This was the best paragraph in the article:

"He also lamented rising health-care costs, the stagnation of middle-class incomes, and the damaging effects of free trade on certain sectors of the U.S. economy. These are the sort of issues that everyone agrees are problems, with the salient question being how best to solve them. But for Thiel, their very existence is proof that our political ruling class has failed, and will continue to fail, and that we need to elect an outsiderâ€"no matter how goofy, insubstantial, or changeable that outsider’s own proposals might be."

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 01, 2016, 08:26:24 AM
This is fake, the video was doctored, it's been discussed already on the Hillary Clinton thread.  You naive Trumptard.

I wouldn't go as far as others who suggest Chris Matthews is endorsing Donald Trump, but how exactly was it doctored and fake?

136 or 142

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on November 01, 2016, 08:35:19 AM
I wouldn't go as far as others who suggest Chris Matthews is endorsing Donald Trump, but how exactly was it doctored and fake?

This is the original:

https://twitter.com/hardball/status/791795272254750720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

136 or 142

This is a good article from the Epoch Times that explains why free trade agreements aren't the main reason for the decline of manufacturing jobs in the United States and why no matter what any President does, those jobs aren't coming back.

The Impact of Technology’s Invisible Hand

A new wave of advanced technology is changing our economy and our lives in ways we didn't expect.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2176159-technologys-invisible-hand-5/

The article mainly explains how technology is the main reason for stagnant wages for most workers and rising income inequality.  There are a few points I'd make about the article, but I don't have the time now and people interested should absorb the article first.

Lilith

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 01, 2016, 08:45:02 AM
This is a good article from the Epoch Times that explains why free trade agreements aren't the main reason for the decline of manufacturing jobs in the United States and why no matter what any President does, those jobs aren't coming back.

The Impact of Technology’s Invisible Hand

A new wave of advanced technology is changing our economy and our lives in ways we didn't expect.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2176159-technologys-invisible-hand-5/

The article mainly explains how technology is the main reason for stagnant wages for most workers and rising income inequality.  There are a few points I'd make about the article, but I don't have the time now and people interested should absorb the article first.

That's a good article, and I DO see how technology is one of the causes of stagnant wages, but I am not seeing where it is proving, nor even trying to prove, that it is the MAIN reason.  It is noted in the article several times as being "a significant" factor, that is overlooked.

analog kid

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2016, 07:54:33 AM
His speech and the interview afterward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-LJqPQEJ4

Peter Thiel thinks women having the right to vote is a threat to democracy. He's also obsessed with eternal youth and wants to transfuse young blood into himself.

136 or 142

Quote from: brig on November 01, 2016, 09:00:19 AM
That's a good article, and I DO see how technology is one of the causes of stagnant wages, but I am not seeing where it is proving, nor even trying to prove, that it is the MAIN reason.  It is mentioned in the article several times as being "a significant" factor, that is overlooked.

I think the article goes further than that:

Accepted economic wisdom has begun to be challenged by significant figures like former U.S. labor secretaries and the head of the World Economic Forum.

Automation and digital tech haven’t yet reduced the number of jobs, they say, but have been undermining the jobs market, hollowing out the middle class, and shunting more and more money into fewer and fewer hands.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Al Capones Vault on November 01, 2016, 09:01:30 AM
Peter Thiel thinks women having the right to vote is a threat to democracy. He's also obsessed with eternal youth and wants to transfuse young blood into himself.

What? You mean he's not a Russian secret agent too?

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2016, 09:11:16 AM

That wasn't mentioned either way.

analog kid

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2016, 09:11:16 AM

He's a member of the Bilderberg Group, whom Alex Jones has claimed is taking over the world.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 01, 2016, 09:13:04 AM
That wasn't mentioned either way.

You just aren't trying as hard anymore.  :(

chefist

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2016, 09:17:03 AM
You just aren't trying as hard anymore.  :(

LOLZ...the CTR checks have stopped coming in.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Al Capones Vault on November 01, 2016, 09:16:48 AM
He's a member of the Bilderberg Group, whom Alex Jones has claimed is taking over the world.

I think that's true. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that he was invited one year or perhaps multiple years. Perhaps he didn't like what he heard or just the results of the agenda because he's clearly speaking out against that agenda now.  ;)