• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 24, 2016, 08:36:53 PM
Did you hard code in the DNS the other day when you were having problems?

I get to C2C fine.

That reads like sexual innuendo to me.

Dateline

Quote from: Morgus on October 24, 2016, 12:14:09 AM
Yeah he told the story that he noticed his roof had some cracks so he went down to Home Depot himself to get a gallon of roofing "goo" to patch it.  He planned to do that Friday while he was in St Louis since he would be leaving town in another day or so...

I read the post below this one and there was a comment made that Norry is tight with his moneys.  So, how tight is Norry with his money?  Norry is so tight that he bought the roofing "goo"  first, to patch his roof and secondly, to patch his toupee. 

GSD

This idiot speaking is probably the murderer, LOL.

The guy sounds like he's on the "Jeff Davis" drugs he's talking about.

The dude sounds totally stoned. Horrible.

136 or 142

"Dr' John Curtis is showing he doesn't understand polling methodology.

Oh, the nonpartisan Noory didn't put Howard Bloom on after having 'Dr' John Curtis on.

Wrong movie, Jorch.  That was the Omen not the Exorcist.  ::) GNS

Juan Cena

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 24, 2016, 11:12:13 PM
"Dr' John Curtis is showing he doesn't understand polling methodology.

Oh, the nonpartisan Noory didn't put Howard Bloom on after having 'Dr' John Curtis on.

It sucks that Dave never has Bloom on for at least a couple of hours anymore. I was truly honored when Bloom answered my question about how the Ayn-Rand influenced culture of selfishness had taken over the conservative movement.

Juan Cena

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 24, 2016, 11:58:32 PM

You're surprised Dave didn't know this?

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 25, 2016, 12:01:29 AM
It sucks that Dave never has Bloom on for at least a couple of hours anymore. I was truly honored when Bloom answered my question about how the Ayn-Rand influenced culture of selfishness had taken over the conservative movement.

I don't remember that.  What did Bloom say?

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 25, 2016, 12:02:19 AM
You're surprised Dave didn't know this?

LOL.  Not really.  His suckage knows no bounds.  This is the first segment I've listened to in a week and it is always discouraging that he screws something up whenever I come back to listen

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 25, 2016, 12:01:29 AM

I don't take Galbraith seriously as an economist, but he was a very good economic historian.  This comment of his shows that the conservative movement being influenced by the culture of selfishness may have gone back quite a ways:

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
John Kenneth Galbraith

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on October 24, 2016, 08:25:53 PM
Speaking of Shostak...

I'll probably regret this, but being a fan I'm gonna tune in.  I just hope it's awhile before the inevitable go-to comments e.g. "There just has to be something out there!", "I can't wrap my head around the Big Bang!", etc. 

Rico999

Talking about the Queen Mary, George wondered aloud how a ship that big floats.  George, the nine year Naval officer wondering how an ocean going vessel floats.  He never fails, does he?

SMH.

136 or 142

Quote from: zeebo on October 25, 2016, 12:24:16 AM
I'll probably regret this, but being a fan I'm gonna tune in.  I just hope it's awhile before the inevitable go-to comments e.g. "There just has to be something out there!", "I can't wrap my head around the Big Bang!", etc.

Those aren't as bad to me as his "I don't want to call it God,but..." and "We're all made from the same primordial soup" comments.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 24, 2016, 11:58:32 PM
For.a guy who lives personal anecdotes and news via movies he's seen he is woefully lacking.  So many times he confuses movies and scenes and actors. (And often rapidly checks wikis.) Sad but funny.-GNS

Quote from: zeebo on October 25, 2016, 12:24:16 AM

I thought I'd turn it off when Seth comes on.  His schtick has gotten old and I'll confess I'm more interested in the paranormal stuff than space science.  However, since you'll be here, zeebo, I may stick around.

Quote from: albrecht on October 25, 2016, 12:28:48 AM
For.a guy who lives personal anecdotes and news via movies he's seen he is woefully lacking.  So many times he confuses movies and scenes and actors. (And often rapidly checks wikis.) Sad but funny.-GNS

Everytime he talks about the paranormal and horror and makes a point that he is enamored with the subject, he always screws up trivia that any real afficionado would know by heart. He is such a phony.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 25, 2016, 12:30:41 AM
I thought I'd turn it off when Seth comes on.  His schtick has gotten old and I'll confess I'm more interested in the paranormal stuff than space science.  However, since you'll be here, zeebo, I may stick around.

I still like hearing him even though he really never has much new to say.  I respect that he keeps with it even though callers keep accusing him of being some gov't disinfo agent or whatnot.  And the actual science of radio waves and such is cool - although Art was much better at going into that with him.

One thing that does bug me is no host ever asks him about *other* scientific topics.  He's just as well-versed in different fields as say Michio K. and yet he's only ever asked about the Wow Signal and What's the Plan if You Hear Something etc. 

He covers alot of different topics in the Big Picture Science podcast.  I bet he'd be thrilled if any host actually listened to one of these quite interesting shows and had a question about say math or biology or geoscience.

zeebo

Ten mins. in and just got the obligatory "What's the Protocol?" question.

zeebo

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 25, 2016, 12:27:23 AM
Those aren't as bad to me as his "I don't want to call it God,but..." and "We're all made from the same primordial soup" comments.

"Primordial soup" ... ding ding ding ... all going as expected sigh.

Another variation of why do you do what you do.  :-\

theONE

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 25, 2016, 01:42:50 AM
Another variation of why do you do what you do.  :-\

yes that is George's standard question, togheter with hypothetical .."what do you think Einstein would achieve if lived today and had a computer"

theONE

I can't take George's dummying down this topic and guest any more, I'm switching to listen to Bible study radio program
study "Book of Job"

theONE

Now the Bible study switched to "The Rapture" topic.

I do believe that I will not be here to witness and experience forthcoming mess and Tribulation on this Planet.
It will get really ugly really fast, I fell sorry for those who will no be raptured from this Earth.
As the Bible says: "they will be wishing to be dead, but death will not come to them" - Revelation 9:6

[attachment deleted by admin]

ItsOver

I'm glad to see I missed another Jorch show and didn't miss anything.

136 or 142

Quote from: zeebo on October 25, 2016, 01:29:24 AM
"Primordial soup" ... ding ding ding ... all going as expected sigh.

Yes, right at the 30 minute mark. I guess Seth Shostak asked Noory to not bring up the 'God question' as all Noory asked was "You're not very spiritual, are you?"

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on October 25, 2016, 06:37:11 AM
I'm glad to see I missed another Jorch show and didn't miss anything.

It wasn't a total loss .. There were actually a few good callers and no Bill the AAA so that helped.  One guy asked about using the ocean as a giant telescope lens which was a new one.  Another guy claimed a new fundamental force had been found but Seth said he'd only heard about the one in Star Wars lol.

136 or 142

Quote from: zeebo on October 25, 2016, 01:04:03 PM
Another guy claimed a new fundamental force had been found but Seth said he'd only heard about the one in Star Wars lol.

Seth needs to keep up.  Not confirmed but possibly found. 
http://www.sciencealert.com/new-study-confirms-physicists-might-have-spotted-a-fifth-force-of-nature

136 or 142

Another caller asked why there was no channel one on the T.V dial. Seth said he couldn't remember. I believe the FM band takes up the space between 1-2 on the tv dial.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on October 25, 2016, 01:04:03 PM
... and no Bill the AAA so that helped...
That is indeed a plus.  You are still one brave, late-night squirrel. ;)

In addition, it's an LMH Thursday and, hopefully, a pre-Halloween Sunday night of Knapp, before Jorch screws-up Halloween.