• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

can anyone help me with a thread

Started by coaster, June 13, 2016, 10:53:06 PM

coaster

Im drunk, spending time with family before my mom's funeral tomorrow. we had a discussion here about wrestling, and i found the video of when i was there as a kid? wrestlemania type shit and i was excited? tying to find me and them in the crowd? if anyone can find that, i would appreciate it more than you would know. i want to show my brother.

akwilly

any sort of time frame when you did it?

aldousburbank

Quote from: akwilly on June 13, 2016, 11:35:34 PM
any sort of time frame when you did it?

I seem to remember it within the past four months or so. Haven't been able to find it yet.

akwilly

I only found were Coaster was talking about the match but didn't find any posted video.

albrecht

I recall the mentions but can't find it. Damn.

norland2424

Maybe coaster can try looking on his YouTube history page, since i couldn't find it either

Corona Kitty

a young coaster at mania???? which one did you go to?

Coaster, maybe you're simply recalling the sleuthing you did to find it on youtube, or maybe you are drunker than I'm not.

I guess I located what Willy did, but the exact 1991 date will help you search youtube again, though it seems when you looked before, you were unable to ID your ~younger selves~ and that the seat location appeared incorrect. 

If you found a different video later, I don't think you mentioned it on bellgab.  Maybe facebook?

Nevertheless, I proffer:

Quote from: coaster on February 27, 2016, 08:31:40 PM
I found it. I'm just that bored. I thought Warlock or Wizard. It was Warlord. Close. Right on the money about my age and date too. ten years old. I guess my memory is not that bad.
WWF @ Lincoln, NE - Pershing Auditorium - June 7, 1991 (4,100)
Kerry Von Erich fought the Warlord to a double count-out
Ricky Steamboat defeated the Brooklyn Brawler
Bushwhacker Luke defeated Kato
Jim Duggan defeated Col. Mustafa
Ted Dibiase defeated Virgil
Earthquake defeated Jake Roberts via disqualification
The Ultimate Warrior defeated the Undertaker via disqualification
http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/91.htm

Quote from: coaster on February 27, 2016, 08:38:50 PM
ok, so this is kind of cool. I just typed in the date in youtube and found footage. I'm going to watch the matches and see if I can catch myself on video. Wow, that would be weird seeing me at ten years old on youtube. Not so bored now.

Quote from: coaster on February 27, 2016, 09:20:24 PM
I am a huge Husker fan, and now that Pelini is gone and Reilly has a season under his belt, next season is looking great. We have some new hires that are pretty exciting.
So I watched the 1991 match twice, the one with undertaker and ultimate warrior, from two different videos and I can't really see anything because evidently they filmed with potatoes back then. I saw two kids sitting next to each other that sort of looked like us, but it wasn't the right seat. I can't find a video with the texas tornado match. Surely I'd be in that one.
Ah well. All of this made me feel old as hell btw.

I have no advice about the serious stuff you're working/going through, other than to consider watching All Is Lost with Robert Redford again when you have a chance.  It's an absolutely excellent visual tranquilizer/stabilizer.  Try to not watch it analytically this time if possible.  Cue it up as a background mind salve and groove to the oceanic wasteland.  Good luck, man.

Lurking Cam out.

starrmtn001

Quote from: coaster on June 13, 2016, 10:53:06 PM
Im drunk, spending time with family before my mom's funeral tomorrow. we had a discussion here about wrestling, and i found the video of when i was there as a kid? wrestlemania type shit and i was excited? tying to find me and them in the crowd? if anyone can find that, i would appreciate it more than you would know. i want to show my brother.
I'm sorry I can't help you find the video, but I want to extend my thoughts and prays to you, Coaster, your family, and loved ones.

Gruntled

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 14, 2016, 01:18:27 PM
I'm sorry I can't help you find the video, but I want to extend my thoughts and prays to you, Coaster, your family, and loved ones.
Same here Coaster. Sorry to hear about your Mother.

coaster

so that was crazy. I'm sorry. I wanted to show my dad and brothers something. We had a long discussion abpit wwf shit. but its ok..
We buried my mother a couple hours ago. Nice service. Beautiful. At least a hundred people I didnt know showed up. It was quite nice. I am at peace now knowing she is. This 4 week bender is over. I came home instead of having the big old shindig. Nice day. Mommas at peace.

I am taking a break from all things internet for awhile.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 14, 2016, 03:04:03 PM
so that was crazy. I'm sorry. I wanted to show my dad and brothers something.
Its ok. We buried my mother a couple hours ago. Nice service. At least a hundred people. It was quite nice. I am at peace now knowing she is. This 4 week bender is over. I came home instead of having the big old shindig. NIce day. Mommas at peace.

I am taking a break from all things internet for awhile.

Take care, buddy.

coaster

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 14, 2016, 01:54:02 AM
Coaster, maybe you're simply recalling the sleuthing you did to find it on youtube, or maybe you are drunker than I'm not.

I guess I located what Willy did, but the exact 1991
I did find it btw. It was 91. July something. I wrote it down. Perhaps one day Ill show them. Tonight Im sleeping. Its been a long month. Thank you all for trying to help. I do appreciate it.
Ill be back in a month or two, grumpier than hell.
coaster out.

coaster

After suffering crippling depression, anxiety, and insomnia (I havent slept more than 4 hours in four days),  ive realized that I've been going about this all wrong. I think the worst thing a person can do after losing a loved one is secluding themselves. Man, that fucked me up pretty bad.

Quote from: coaster on June 24, 2016, 10:48:45 AM
I've been going about this all wrong. I think the worst thing a person can do after losing a loved one is secluding themselves.

Imconfused

After suffering crippling depression, anxiety, and insomnia (I havent slept more than 4 hours in four days),  ive realized that I've been going about this all wrong. I think the worst thing a person can do after losing a loved one is secluding themselves. Man, that fucked me up pretty bad.

Oh shit!

Sorry bro.  I didn't read the thread I just shitposted.  I apologize. 

I do remember reading about your predicament,  tho.  Stay strong.   

coaster

Quote from: Imconfused on June 24, 2016, 11:19:26 AM
Oh shit!

Sorry bro.  I didn't read the thread I just shitposted.  I apologize. 

I do remember reading about your predicament,  tho.  Stay strong.
No worries. I gotta quit being a pussy about this shit. Shit post away.

Everyone deals with loss and grief in their own way. It's good to see you around again.

Imconfused

Quote from: coaster on June 24, 2016, 11:21:15 AM
No worries. I gotta quit being a pussy about this shit. Shit post away.

You ain't no pussy,  you are going through some rough time.  We all will at some point of our lives.

And we, The Bellgabbers are here for you.  Sorry again.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on June 24, 2016, 11:25:53 AM
Everyone deals with loss and grief in their own way. It's good to see you around again.

So true.

A recent tangential example: I recall witnessing a full spectrum of responses here when "we" lost Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell.

I processed my grief by immediately cancelling my fucking Time Traveler subscription and purchasing the MST3K: Volume XXXIII DVD box set.

I moved on quickly from there.

As far as coaster returning to hang out - and it may sound Pollyanna - but the phrase "together we're better," is often true, no matter how high the misfit percentage may be in this particular environment.

Alcohol and TV can only get you so far.

We are living, breathing, assholes.  We are a resource.

starrmtn001

Quote from: coaster on June 24, 2016, 11:21:15 AM
No worries. I gotta quit being a pussy[/i] about this shit. Shit post away.
NO!!! 

Never give up!  Never surrender!!!