• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Lilith

I'm hearing MV and Jackstar talking on the air.  What a combo.  I hope to hear them talking together again some day, along with PK, Luka, YP and SV.  I imagine it as a roundtable of excellent voices, worthy of the worlds best headphones.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 09:34:21 AM
That's one of the Mandela Effect things, the spelling of dilemna.

I've never heard that one before, but a 'lemma' means a proposition, so 'dilemma' means to be caught between two different ones. I think sometimes people are just getting caught up on a wrong word or idea, the way that kids can sometimes say 'skellington' and haven't had it beaten out of them yet. The  differences are pretty minor, so it would be easy to get confused. I do remember Strieber doing a show once with someone called Starfire Tor, who was blithering on about how the world seems to be changing, but I can't recall much of it beyond that.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: brig on August 31, 2016, 09:34:36 AM
I'm hearing MV and Jackstar talking on the air.  What a combo.  I hope to hear them talking together again some day, along with PK, Luka, YP and SV.  I imagine it as a roundtable of excellent voices, worthy of the worlds best headphones.

I think they are quite strict about visiting hours, so Jackstar only has a small window to call. YP is a common oaf, I don't know why  you'd want to hear him. PK's a man with a thousand voices, but none of them give an impression of man with any talent. I shall reserve judgement on the rabbit fellow, but I'm sure he was awful.

You didn't mention IB, for obvious reasons. But if you have moles on your lawn, I can testify from personal experience that if you put a speaker against the grass when she happens to be on the little bastards run for the hills and are never seen again.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 31, 2016, 09:51:15 AM
You didn't mention IB, for obvious reasons. But if you have moles on your lawn, I can testify from personal experience that if you put a speaker against the grass when she happens to be on the little bastards run for the hills and are never seen again.

You're welcome.

BobGrau

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 31, 2016, 09:34:18 AM
In the US, certain parts of the country were taught dilemna. That is what I was taught. I didn't learn about my dilemma until this year with autocorrect. You can look that up to. I had to. 😎

Yeah I only noticed it very recently, directly because of a discussion of the mandela effect. As I said though, one can legally be told one's memories are wrong, so all bets are off.

PS if my joke-brain was working today I would spin something about the mandela effect being inherently racist. Anyone care to run with this?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 08:33:11 AM
Thank you for not blowing this off. I feel like when I mention it, people think, "That's nice, honey." I remember Berenstein, I don't remember a silver leg on C3PO, "Luke, I am your father" and "Life IS like a box of chocolates", not WAS like a box of chocolates. But the changed Bible verses are the creepiest. I definitely remember the lion will lay with the lamb, not the wolf.

There's an old gospel song called Peace in the Valley I think people are remembering -- Elvis sang it.

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 31, 2016, 10:11:17 AM
There's an old gospel song called Peace in the Valley I think people are remembering -- Elvis sang it.

Maybe, but my Godfather turned Jehovah's Witness and he was always proselytizing and giving us those publications that they hand out. I remember one of the publications was about the Bible verse The lion will lay with the lamb and had a picture a picture of a lion with a lamb on it.

http://www.wedg.millenniumweekend.org/forum/showthread.php?46581-The-Lion-will-Lie-down-with-the-Lamb-Where-is-it-!!!!

from r/MandelaEffect

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/40rary/when_did_the_bible_change_the_lion_will_lay_down/

K_Dubb

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 10:15:01 AM
Maybe, but my Godfather turned Jehovah's Witness and he was always proselytizing and giving us those publications that they hand out. I remember one of the publications was about the Bible verse The lion will lay with the lamb and had a picture a picture of a lion with a lamb on it.

Haha yeah my sister had a poster on her wall very much like this.  I think the alliteration which made it a better lyric also made it a better memory.

Lilith

I think they are quite strict about visiting hours, so Jackstar only has a small window to call. YP is a common oaf, I don't know why  you'd want to hear him. PK's a man with a thousand voices, but none of them give an impression of man with any talent. I shall reserve judgement on the rabbit fellow, but I'm sure he was awful.

I have a genetic preference for the sound of male voices.  Please don't hate me or call me racist. Its just that most women sound like they have clothes pegs on their noses to me, and unless I can see them in a video, that's how I picture them in my minds eye.

Lilith

MV: "Let's have a moment with Jackstar".

BobGrau

Quote from: brig on August 31, 2016, 10:56:18 AM
I have a genetic preference for the sound of male voices.  Please don't hate me or call me racist. Its just that most women sound like they have clothes pegs on their noses to me, and unless I can see them in a video, that's how I picture them in my minds eye.

That's mostly just american women.

Lilith

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2016, 11:11:05 AM
That's mostly just american women.

Yes.  Thank You for your understanding.

BobGrau

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 11:13:23 AM
You're welcome.

Brig was worried about being racist, thought I'd take the heat off her.

BobGrau

Glaswegian women's voices are the fucking worst, though.

Lilith

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2016, 11:34:44 AM

Your kindness is appreciated, and shall long be remembered.  :-*

starrmtn001

I thought it was dilenema. ::)

Yorkshire pud

Less of the oaf. Thank you.

starrmtn001

I think there is something about the spelling and pronunciation of words that isn't so much the Mandela Effect as it is dialectic colloquialisms.

Concerning a celebrity's death, I believe, is the Mandela Effect.  I thought Casius Clay passed years ago.  I could have sworn I read about it, and saw it on a news broadcast.

starrmtn001

Quote from: BobGrau on August 31, 2016, 11:34:44 AM
I think that's called sexist.

BobGrau

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 31, 2016, 11:49:58 AM
I think there is something about the spelling and pronunciation of words that isn't so much the Mandela Effect as it is dialectic colloquialisms.

Concerning a celebrity's death, I believe, is the Mandela Effect.  I thought Casius Clay passed years ago.  I could have sworn I read about it, and saw it on a news broadcast.

I think sometimes that's about reading in the news that someone famous has had a pretty grim diagnosis, and unfortunately we kind of write them off subconsciously. I dunno, I've had a smoke now.

BobGrau

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 31, 2016, 11:52:31 AM
I think that's called sexist.

Heheh yeah, that's the indiscretion I was trying to distract from  ;)

akwilly

Screwing around yesterday I caught a few minutes of future theater. The guy in there had some cool Mandela stuff that I had never heard before

Quote from: akwilly on August 31, 2016, 11:58:27 AM
Screwing around yesterday I caught a few minutes of future theater. The guy in there had some cool Mandela stuff that I had never heard before
Where can I get a podcast? FT is Nancy Birnes' show?

akwilly

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 31, 2016, 11:59:19 AM
Where can I get a podcast? FT is Nancy Birnes' show?
yes it's bill and Nancy's show. I heard it on dark matter network and am not sure if it was live or what

K_Dubb