• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: Zenman on March 05, 2017, 10:24:50 PM
I was gonna just post this without comment, kinda like bateman does sometimes, which I guess is kinda like a retweet. But I guess it's too late now.
It's never too late. ;D

ShayP

Listening to the Tim Russ interview from 9/1/15.  So good.  8)  I miss when Hoagie was "good."  :'(

trostol

can anyone find a bigger version of this...like wallpaper size? its worth a billion Cthulhu bucks for ya

Quote from: trostol on March 07, 2017, 07:03:57 PM
can anyone find a bigger version of this...like wallpaper size? its worth a billion Cthulhu bucks for ya

Ahh, I was there a year and a half ago. Doesn't get prettier.

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 07, 2017, 07:12:47 PM
Ahh, I was there a year and a half ago. Doesn't get prettier.

yeah looks fantastic...one of the things i wanna do if i ever get money..hire Shay to drive and take a long slow road trip..follow route 66..hit some historic places..etc

Quote from: trostol on March 07, 2017, 07:03:57 PM

Tineye brings back no results, but yandex returns some good ones, the largest of which can be found here:
http://www.dreamview.net/dv/new/photos.asp?ID=102870
direct link to the image:

1380 x 550 px

trostol

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 07, 2017, 07:39:35 PM
Tineye brings back no results, but yandex returns some good ones, the largest of which can be found here:
http://www.dreamview.net/dv/new/photos.asp?ID=102870
direct link to the image:

1380 x 550 px

thanks...it is ..well bigger..its today's bing image and its the perfect size on that...but you can't download it lol

trostol

i think CC finally took SciFi out..or he impaled himself in the tree again...or the goats got him...or a kite...or the lawn flamingo...poor guy

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on March 08, 2017, 07:23:19 PM
When was Hoagland's last live broadcast?

there is a listing of nov 8th/9th..post election show..but i do not think that one went on
then there is oct 13th/14th..but i think that was a replay..so maybe oct 12th or around there

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 08, 2017, 07:29:47 PM
I don't remember. :o  :-[

Ouch.

Quote from: ShayP on March 08, 2017, 07:30:04 PM
October...I think.  :-\

Oof.

Quote from: trostol on March 08, 2017, 08:06:12 PM
there is a listing of nov 8th/9th..post election show..but i do not think that one went on
then there is oct 13th/14th..but i think that was a replay..so maybe oct 12th or around there

It's been awhile.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on March 08, 2017, 07:17:49 PM
i think CC finally took SciFi out..or he impaled himself in the tree again...or the goats got him...or a kite...or the lawn flamingo...poor guy

I did not hurt myself! Much like Richard, I just had tons of work to do on a book and that comes first before Bellgab posting. Plus, I lost internet yesterday in a storm. 

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 08, 2017, 09:26:50 PM
I did not hurt myself! Much like Richard, I just had tons of work to do on a book and that comes first before Bellgab posting. Plus, I lost internet yesterday in a storm.

right right

SciFiAuthor

I still dunno why the hell Richard isn't doing a podcast or YouTube channel to keep things flowing until he finds a station. Even then, why bother with a broadcast station? If you want to plug a book to potentially millions of people then go on YouTube. Its audience is bigger than radio and television combined and people already know who he is.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 08, 2017, 09:33:31 PM
I still dunno why the hell Richard isn't doing a podcast or YouTube channel to keep things flowing until he finds a station. Even then, why bother with a broadcast station? If you want to plug a book to potentially millions of people then go on YouTube. Its audience is bigger than radio and television combined and people already know who he is.

he has a station..literally it is being said the book is taking precedence over anything else

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 08, 2017, 09:33:31 PM

I'm even starting to miss his awfulness a bit now. He was a fun guy to complain about; even more so than Noory in a some ways because he obviously takes himself way more seriously than Noory does. Noory is a hack but at least he really never tries to be or present himself as anything but. I can respect that even if I can't admire it.  ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on March 08, 2017, 09:35:09 PM
he has a station..literally it is being said the book is taking precedence over anything else

He must be running low on cash then.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 08, 2017, 09:40:01 PM
He must be running low on cash then.

well his hair tonics due take up a large part of budget

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 08, 2017, 09:37:49 PM
I'm even starting to miss his awfulness a bit now. He was a fun guy to complain about; even more so than Noory in a some ways because he obviously takes himself way more seriously than Noory does. Noory is a hack but at least he really never tries to be or present himself as anything but. I can respect that even if I can't admire it.  ;)

I agree. Jorch will take pokes at himself and post on Bellgab periodically and used to even call into the Gabcast back in the day. And, he's remained consistent, have to give him that. He's still broadcasting -- phoning it in -- but still on the air.

The really sad thing here is that if Hoagland had played his cards right at the beginning of the show, dropped the Mars and political bullshit, and just did a talk show he'd have been fine. There was a brief time where the show was quite good, and Hoagland was flat out the podcast equivalent of the Dick Cavett show.