• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150804 - Jay Weidner/Stanton Friedman Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 04, 2015, 09:30:52 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: Claudius on August 04, 2015, 11:08:38 PM
Are you just perpetually high or is your English just that rough?
I believe that the answer is yes.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on August 04, 2015, 11:05:06 PM
Yes and in Houston.  Amazing how so much came together in such a comparatively short time.

I'm sure we went to the Moon in the 60s and 70s but we'd have a hell of a time going there now, unfortunately.  ::)

Saturn was a truly amazing launch system. No one had ever built a heavy-lift rocket of that caliber successfully (the Russian one blew up) and managed to make it work. Other than a few anomalies and premature second stage engine shutdowns, the Saturn was basically the most successful launch system ever.

Yeah, no going to the moon right now. 

CoherentBlast

Quote from: ItsOver on August 04, 2015, 11:06:44 PM
Quite honestly, we'd be better off with just Art and Stanton.  This guy makes Hoagie sound rational.

I still want to see Lazar squirm when faced with a real physicist. Hes been avoiding Stanton for years  >:(

sydtron

Quote from: whiptrackercracker on August 04, 2015, 11:07:37 PM
A moving magnetic field induces electric current in a coil of wire. This is physics, and what every generator out there relies on. Now there is not much movement here, but again there is not much current at all needed for those LEDs.

Well, I know how that works, yes.  But Energy had to be used to make the magnet.  Thats what im saying. 

Like stupid things haven't been done by government agencies before?

popple

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 04, 2015, 11:07:50 PM
If we az a society fear radiation Y DU WE MAKE SO MUCH?😒

them pizza rolls aint gonna heat themselves

AppealPlay

Whoever it was at NASA that recorded over the Moon film should have been launched into space without a suit.  That was a tremendous mistake.

Claudius

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 04, 2015, 11:10:55 PM
Like stupid things haven't been done by government agencies before?
Yeah... no one in the CIA predicted that the Soviet Union would fall when it did. That China would intervene in the Korean War... Shall I continue?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Surmo on August 04, 2015, 11:07:21 PM
Isnt it true that there is telescopic and satellite imagery pinpointing the lunar landings, including Apollo 11?  From multiple sources in multiple countries or from multiple satellites?

To believe the "We didnt land on the Moon" theory, we would have had to go back later and set up the moon lander artifacts to mimic a landing that did not occur years earlier?Far more unlikely than any other scenario.

Yes. NASA photographed them with the LRO and both Japan and India have photographed the landing sites with their own probes.

Please go into his videos and watch them, and then still not make any certain statements.

Quote from: sydtron on August 04, 2015, 11:10:35 PM
Well, I know how that works, yes.  But Energy had to be used to make the magnet.  Thats what im saying.

True, but you can make it work with natural iron rocks too. Of course, if we take a wholistic systems approach, everything had energy to produce it at one time or another.

ItsOver

Quote from: Surmo on August 04, 2015, 11:07:21 PM
Isnt it true that there is telescopic and satellite imagery pinpointing the lunar landings, including Apollo 11?  From multiple sources in multiple countries or from multiple satellites?

Yes, there is.  Of course, this clown would no doubt claim they we're all photoshopped.  ::)  You can't argue with an idiot.

Sometimes I pray that Art will call a guest an "asshole". Tonight I am praying extra hard. Either way, he is still really (unintentionally) funny. Stanton and Art are not even taking him serious. Loving this show.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 04, 2015, 11:10:38 PM
get over it ASZHOLE😒

How does it feel being the only person in the forum that is verbally abusive and is probably ignored by almost everyone because you refuse to type a proper sentence including the "s" consonant instead of "z". 

Alienmojo

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 04, 2015, 11:10:07 PM
There is an option on Paypal to see your subscriptions. If it is displayed on the list, than it renews every month. I do not think there is a way for your to subscribe without it renewing. You have to manually go into Paypal and CANCEL the subscription for it to stop.
Yes, I was there and I can see where they took the $5.00 out... but it doesn't say 'continuing' or 'subscription' or anything that would lead me to believe it is going to be taken out every month automatically.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Jackstar on August 04, 2015, 11:12:50 PM

Or...

I mean, sure, that's always a possibility but why?  Are you implying RCH/John Lear are correct? :D

inuk2600

Quote from: Robert on August 04, 2015, 11:09:42 PM
Those high & low temperature quotes refer to how hot & cold the rocks get.  It doesn't mean that anything in the vacuum in the mere vicinity of those rocks is going to be at those temperatures!

Right, and the vacuum insulates the film, and the heat quickly radiates out to space as well. It's just another bad argument.

If Apollo was beaming back a television signal that is the images we're all familiar with. Why wouldn't television stations have all the same footage as NASA? What got recorded over exactly?

Robert

Quote from: Claudius on August 04, 2015, 11:12:11 PMYeah... no one in the CIA predicted that the Soviet Union would fall when it did. That China would intervene in the Korean War... Shall I continue?
Not only that, but the CIA calculated that the Russians were making gigantic amounts of steel...which never showed up anywhere.

dan7800

Possibly my favorite show so far.

I really like smart people like Stanton. They always make for better shows than the "I meet aliens every night, but I always forget a camera" people.

Alienmojo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 04, 2015, 11:12:23 PM
Yes. NASA photographed them with the LRO and both Japan and India have photographed the landing sites with their own probes.
And of course the conspiracy guys said they were all fake or too small to make out. They say we can photograph a cigarette pack from 2 miles... but can't get a close up of a lunar lander.  *sigh*