• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
After listening to Art's show, I decided to check Noory out as I've had my fill of space-talk tonight.  Art had a great show but too much Hoagland can be a bad thing.  Besides, I'm interested in this Blood Moon and shmeta stuff.  There's going to be egg on some people's faces if nothing comes from this next blood moon.

brujo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 11, 2015, 01:25:23 AM
After listening to Art's show, I decided to check Noory out as I've had my fill of space-talk tonight.  Art had a great show but too much Hoagland can be a bad thing.  Besides, I'm interested in this Blood Moon and shmeta stuff.  There's going to be egg on some people's faces if nothing comes from this next blood moon.

I tuned in to Snorge also.His questions seem so inane. How many different ways can you ask the same thing?

Quote from: brujo on September 11, 2015, 01:30:03 AM
I tuned in to Snorge also.His questions seem so inane. How many different ways can you ask the same thing?

I know.  I can only stomach him occasionally now.  Art's the man.  I tend to listen to the shows where Jorch rarely has an opportunity to ask questions.

Dateline

Do I hear an echo?  Maybe it is time to take up yodeling on this thread.

RickySsan

Quote from: Dateline on September 11, 2015, 03:39:58 AM

I dare you  :)

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 11, 2015, 01:25:23 AM

I did the same. As for egg on some people faces. For someone to feel that they'd have to have the ability to feel shame. This guest has none of it. He's already hedging his bets by saying if nothing happens. "Well that means it's going to happen in seven years in the next blood moon"

Not sure what's worse. This guest or the callers that always come off as so horrible no matter what the topic is.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 11, 2015, 08:24:42 AM
... Not sure what's worse. This guest or the callers that always come off as so horrible no matter what the topic is.

The host, who allows it due to lack of effort, interest, and skill

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 10, 2015, 01:49:52 PM
I was surprised that I was able to get in on the first try.

This isn't the marriage guidance thread, sir.

brujo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 11, 2015, 08:39:26 AM
The host, who allows it due to lack of effort, interest, and skill

So true.
How many times did the Snorge rephrase the same questions.

and the fallback-"Something's gonna happen,I can feel it." (paraphrasing)

TigerLily

Quote from: Dateline on September 11, 2015, 03:39:58 AM
Echo? Let's try it and see. Ggggg...Nnnnn...Sssss...You're right, there is an echo. Now I'm going back to Time Traveling with Art.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 10, 2015, 01:49:52 PM
I was surprised that I was able to get in on the first try.

That's what she said.

El Kragen

I was listening to Clyde Lewis while driving to run an errand. When I eventually got back in the car the station had switched to C2C. I stopped listening to C2C a long time ago. After listening to Art and RCH for a number of weeks it was so painful to hear Snoory. The child level questions and (non) discussion was mind numbing. I listened for less than 10 minutes. It was all I could take.

FFS George it's been 10+ years behind the C2C mic. Get your shit together. I'm embarrassed for you.

mcribwich

Quote from: El Kragen on September 11, 2015, 11:58:42 AM
I was listening to Clyde Lewis while driving to run an errand. When I eventually got back in the car the station had switched to C2C. I stopped listening to C2C a long time ago. After listening to Art and RCH for a number of weeks it was so painful to hear Snoory. The child level questions and (non) discussion was mind numbing. I listened for less than 10 minutes. It was all I could take.

FFS George it's been 10+ years behind the C2C mic. Get your shit together. I'm embarrassed for you.
word!

albrecht

"You have a very, very wide background"- what a way to start off an interview.
-GNS

Father Jack

Rocky Elmore sounds like a very interesting guest for tonight's show. A George Knapp type guest. Unfortunately Noory is the host and will bumble and stumble his inept way through another insipid effort (if "effort" is the right term.).

Quote from: albrecht on September 11, 2015, 03:59:44 PM
"You have a very, very wide background"- what a way to start off an interview.
-GNS

It would have been funnier if he had said:

"You have a very, very wide backside." Where do you go from there?

akwilly

I could see George at a restaurant.
Waiter: Sir the special of the day is steak
George: Oh that sounds good
Waiter: Sir the soup of the day is potatoe
George: I'm sorry, who's the salad?

Was anyone listening the other night when the Time Trax guys were telling a story about how somebody ignored their advice?  The story ended with "and she died..."  George, with his usual sense of empathy, said something like 'haha well she should have listened.  Listen we're going to a break but when we get back I want to discuss with you what you think about the future of Donald Trump."

Okay, I don't remember exactly what he said but it was pretty cold.

Turned on the show to listen to open lines and Annie from Alabama is one of the first callers and Cornelius followed Annie.

Jocko Johnson

Just wanted to tell you dave, you still suck. Now more than ever!
BTW...hope ten ton tammy gets well soon, but in his absence who is wiping your ass for you!
GNS

keithneese

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 12, 2015, 01:20:24 AM
Turned on the show to listen to open lines and Annie from Alabama is one of the first callers and Cornelius followed Annie.

That's because they are the only ones still listening lol!  Those two and Bill from West Hartford...

I'm from Alabama myself.  I just want to let everyone know, we are not all as stupid as Annie.  ;D

AppealPlay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 12, 2015, 01:20:24 AM

Annie from Alabama must have the hotline number.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 12, 2015, 10:10:01 AM
Annie from Alabama must have the hotline number.

Ugh. Did Jeff from Culver City also call in with one of his scripted 10 minute long questions?

Morgus

Last night, Noory even offered Annie her own weekly spot on the show to be called "Annie's Corner" :P

Quote from: Morgus on September 12, 2015, 04:03:30 PM
Last night, Noory even offered Annie her own weekly spot on the show to be called "Annie's Corner" :P

Evidence that Noory watches Kathy's Corner.  The K and the C work together, but the A and C don't really alliterate, suggesting he didn't just come up with that on his own. 

WOTR

The sad part is that I am unable to tell if you are joking or serious...

Morgus

Quote from: WOTR on September 12, 2015, 04:32:52 PM
The sad part is that I am unable to tell if you are joking or serious...
I am serious, but whether Noory was joking on the air last night is unknown...

aldousburbank

<Falkie freaks the fuck out>

BellBoy

Quote from: Morgus on September 12, 2015, 04:57:36 PM
I am serious, but whether or Noory was joking on the air last night is unknown...

The truly sad thing is that, I'm sure, in Dave's mind this merits an immediate NAB Marconi Radio Award for Excellence...