• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

ge30542

Quote from: chefist on May 21, 2016, 08:00:03 PM
Blues are impressing me this year...most considered the name a jinx from the start back in 1967, but I hope they do the city proud...
Different team this year Chefist. Brower was a huge addition. Rookies Fabbri & Parayko have been big.

albrecht

Good win. And I have no affection, since they knocked the Stars out, for the Blues except I was 'them' as a kid playing a few seasons.

ge30542

Backes & Fabbri injured?  Big big test for Blues to overcome the loss of those 2. Fabbri has brought incredible rookie energy and talent. Backes is on a misdion, besides being an IFA.

Taco Bell

And this is why the Pens should not play flowers in the post season.

trostol

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 22, 2016, 09:48:52 PM
And this is why the Pens should not play flowers in the post season.

couldn't happen to a nicer team lol

akwilly

-125 to take the under 5.5 in Penn's game.

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on May 24, 2016, 04:22:01 AM
-125 to take the under 5.5 in Penn's game.

Depends if flowers is in net for the pens.

akwilly

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 24, 2016, 05:51:09 AM
Depends if flowers is in net for the pens.
ya didn't think he shoulda got the start Sunday. I just want a game 7 so I can hear Doc and Pierre

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on May 24, 2016, 05:58:48 AM
ya didn't think he shoulda got the start Sunday. I just want a game 7 so I can hear Doc and Pierre
Pierre, is that french for penis?

ge30542

AKwilly, you seem like a betting man, would you bet on the Blues forcing a game 7?

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on May 24, 2016, 08:39:58 PM
AKwilly, you seem like a betting man, would you bet on the Blues forcing a game 7?
I would. I would also take the over 5 goals.

Taco Bell

Quote from: ge30542 on May 24, 2016, 08:39:58 PM

I wouldn't. Blood is in the water and Jumbo is hungry. Goaltending is the only Sharks downfall, but the Blues have looked even shakier. If they were playing like they did against Chicago in round 1, I'd take that bet.

Sharks close it tonight, Pens advance tomorrow evening.

Taco Bell

How can anyone deny the Sharts?

ge30542

Hats off to the Western Champion SJ Sharks.
Go Blues next year.

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on May 26, 2016, 05:11:54 AM
Hats off to the Western Champion SJ Sharks.
Go Blues next year.
ya bummer, I wanted a game 7 and I had a small bet on the Blues. Hockey is the best. The teams lose with class and so do the fans.

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on May 26, 2016, 05:35:03 AM
ya bummer, I wanted a game 7 and I had a small bet on the Blues. Hockey is the best. The teams lose with class and so do the fans.

Well, Montreal and Vancouver fans may be an exception.

akwilly

The last few minutes of the Penn's game was awesome though I wish they did away with timeouts. The crowd was so freaking loud I could barely hear the great Doc and Pierre

Taco Bell

Letang in going to have to keep those emotions in check. Sharks can be frustrating and he loses his cool a lot.

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on May 27, 2016, 04:22:49 AM
The last few minutes of the Penn's game was awesome though I wish they did away with timeouts. The crowd was so freaking loud I could barely hear the great Doc and Pierre

thats a good thing

Sharks continue forechecking the way they have been, they win.  If not they lose.

(By the way, their goalie is just fine - and def worth that first round pick).

Still hard for me to believe the underachieving Sharks are in, and have done it with Thornton and Marleau still on the team. I'm torn between wanting the Sharks to win, and not wanting those two to get rings (sort of how I felt in 2002 with the Giants in the World Series, but with Barry Bonds on the team).

Win or lose, I much prefer the overachieving Sharks of the '90s, Larionov, Makarov, Irbe, etc.  Although they have some young players with a lot of promise now.  Maybe Patty and Jumbo will retire if they win.

Taco Bell

Pens out of gate quickly.

Taco Bell

Posts are getting a workout tonight.

akwilly

Holy cow Doc and Pierre are on top of their games tonight. It's also a hell of a game!