• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2016, 12:12:18 PM
I heard Crosby is out with a concussion.

Isn't he a little old?

Just sayin'.

Quote from: ShayP on October 10, 2016, 12:12:36 PM
hahahahaha!  Nice one.  ;)  I love a good Shakespeare reference.

Jack shall have Jill;
Nought shall go ill;
The man shall have his mare again, and all shall be well.

LOL.  I confess I haven't followed hockey in 20 years.  It is not exactly the most popular sport in the South. lol

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 10, 2016, 12:15:14 PM
Isn't he a little old?

Just sayin'.

LOL!  The only thing I think of when I see him is how his sperm was chosen by Melissa Etheridge for her and girlfriend to conceive.  Of all the men on the entire planet, they chose him and he obliged.  It's cool...just odd.

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 10, 2016, 12:16:27 PM
LOL.  I confess I haven't followed hockey in 20 years.  It is not exactly the most popular sport in the South. lol

Well start following!  ;)  To hell with the demographics!  ;D

Quote from: ShayP on October 10, 2016, 12:22:31 PM
Well start following!  ;)  To hell with the demographics!  ;D

I used to be a big Flyers fan when I lived in Philly.  I guess they don't play Kate Smith's God Bless America anymore.  I may pay attention.  We'll see.  I've been down on professional sports for a long time.  I used to be into sports big time especially baseball but when the players started acting like spoiled brats, I lost interest.

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 10, 2016, 12:26:46 PM
I used to be a big Flyers fan when I lived in Philly.  I guess they don't play Kate Smith's God Bless America anymore.  I may pay attention.  We'll see.  I've been down on professional sports for a long time.  I used to be into sports big time especially baseball but when the players started acting like spoiled brats, I lost interest.

I totally understand.  However, all I focused on was "big Flyers fan."  Dammit!  I already have to deal with trostol's shit. LOL!  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on October 10, 2016, 12:33:59 PM
I totally understand.  However, all I focused on was "big Flyers fan."  Dammit!  I already have to deal with trostol's shit. LOL!  ;)

ShayP

@ GravitySucks - remember when?...1992 Stanley Cup ~ Pens sweep 'Hawks.   :D

Oh and, I will admit, I've always liked the Blackhawks going back to the early 80's with Denis Savard.   ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on October 10, 2016, 12:56:38 PM
@ GravitySucks - remember when?...1992 Stanley Cup ~ Pens sweep 'Hawks.   :D

Oh and, I will admit, I've always liked the Blackhawks going back to the early 80's with Denis Savard.   ;)

I think the only Flyers games I have seen were up at the Montreal Forum in the 70's when they would drop the gloves faster than the refs could drop the puck. Somewhere I have 35mm slides of Bobby Clarke and Dave Shultz skating at the Forum. Probably from 75 or 76.

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on October 10, 2016, 12:33:59 PM

hey hey HEY!!!!!

https://youtu.be/bqPK8lo5rak

also

https://youtu.be/Tit_fbYnmLc

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 10, 2016, 12:26:46 PM

they do a Lauren Hart/Kate Smith sorta duet from time to time for big/special games

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on October 10, 2016, 08:34:41 PM
they do a Lauren Hart/Kate Smith sorta suet from time to time for big/special games

I guess the suet is a special tribute to the fat lady singing. Or a Freudian slip. LOL 

trostol

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 10, 2016, 08:41:13 PM
I guess the suet is a special tribute to the fat lady singing. Or a Freudian slip. LOL

no..just bad typing lol

ShayP

LOL!  Now it's being said Sid Crosby is suffering from allergies instead of a concussion.  Regarding the alleged concussion...over the last week, nobody witnessed anything that would lead to a concussion.  That includes players, coaches, fans, reporters, etc.  It seems like I'm bashing a player on my favorite team BUT this stuff is sketchy.  I really don't think they know what a concussion is.  Big difference between allergies and concussions.

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on October 11, 2016, 07:11:27 AM
LOL!  Now it's being said Sid Crosby is suffering from allergies instead of a concussion.  Regarding the alleged concussion...over the last week, nobody witnessed anything that would lead to a concussion.  That includes players, coaches, fans, reporters, etc.  It seems like I'm bashing a player on my favorite team BUT this stuff is sketchy.  I really don't think they know what a concussion is.  Big difference between allergies and concussions.

that does sound a lil...off lol

Taco Bell

If it was a concussion from practice doubt the team would say who did it. Fans may be showing up at that players doorstep with pitchforks for harming their precious.

We all know it was due to naked rough housing with Mario.

ShayP

Quote from: Taco Bell on October 11, 2016, 01:54:12 PM
If it was a concussion from practice doubt the team would say who did it. Fans may be showing up at that players doorstep with pitchforks for harming their precious.

We all know it was due to naked rough housing with Mario.

LMAO!  Probably true.  ;D

The weird thing is, all the talking heads are clueless how it happened.  That's all that's been on the Pittsburgh radio stations and nobody who was interviewed has witnessed any contact that would cause a concussion.  This goes back to the World Cup too.  One of the beat reporters was interviewed this morning and said that Sid just showed up for practice and said he felt bad.  The players and coaches have been told to keep their mouths shut essentially.  It's just a strange situation.

The Pens need to start healthy and this is just bad.  However, Geno will step up and play his butt off only to be criticized for not doing more.  ::)

I'm still predicting a repeat as Stanley Cup Champions.  ;)  8)

Phil Kessel ~ 40 goals.  Write it down.  :D

Taco Bell

Probably Zika virus. Phil is gonna have to carry the team again. Up til Chicago beats them like a red headed step child in the Finals.

ShayP

Crosby broke his silence.  Said he "got tangled up in practice" and felt a headache the next day.  He just wanted to follow protocol, but is scheduled to skate tomorrow.  Essentially he is paranoid.  I get it...concussions are serious.  But regular headaches are natural.  I don't need this drama on the eve of the official start of the regular season.  LOL! 

Taco Bell, I'm still with you on the naked rough housing with Mario conspiracy.  :D

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on October 11, 2016, 09:29:23 PM
Crosby broke his silence.  Said he "got tangled up in practice" and felt a headache the next day.  He just wanted to follow protocol, but is scheduled to skate tomorrow.  Essentially he is paranoid.  I get it...concussions are serious.  But regular headaches are natural.  I don't need this drama on the eve of the official start of the regular season.  LOL! 

Taco Bell, I'm still with you on the naked rough housing with Mario conspiracy.  :D

no player can play the game if they are paranoid about getting hit and a concussion

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on October 11, 2016, 10:20:49 PM
no player can play the game if they are paranoid about getting hit and a concussion

True.  I'm just implying that he's soft.  ;)

Chris Neil is still in the league?

ShayP

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 12, 2016, 05:14:24 PM
Chris Neil is still in the league?

I think he's still with Ottawa.

Quote from: Taco Bell on October 12, 2016, 05:48:42 PM
Matthews, damn.

Just coming here to post the same thing. I watched that game today. Matthews looked better than McDavid. In this game he looked like someone playing a maxed out character in NHL 17. Guy was treating the Sens defense like his personal toys.

akwilly

Damnit, just turned on the SJ LA game hoping to hear Doc and the great Pierre but dang they must have done the earlier game

Quote from: trostol on October 12, 2016, 09:04:34 PM
4 goals and they still lost lol

Leafs gonna Leaf. But their youth movement looked pretty awesome today.

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on October 12, 2016, 09:06:20 PM
Damnit, just turned on the SJ LA game hoping to hear Doc and the great Pierre but dang they must have done the earlier game

you literally..are the only person i know to say that lol