• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Premiere Responds to CoastGab??

Started by anagrammy, June 29, 2011, 11:56:48 PM

anagrammy

I have been noticing that when we talk about something here, a lot of times Noory or one of the other hosts mentions it, or some action is taken about our gripe.

Recently I posted a complaint about the website and a bunch of CoastGabbers have been commenting, including Evb posting some examples of websites "worst than C2C'.  I have said that Lex must be furious at the four commercial banners above the line, ruining his design.

Today I noticed those ads are gone and the top is clean!  Is this a response from Premiere or loss of advertisers?

Anagrammy

Seamus Capone

Did you make an avatar out of your photograph? If so, you might have answered your grandchild's question. I dreamed that Noory sent a series of psychics and remote viewers on our trails. Noory often asks if there's a way for him to enter other people's dreams, so you never know (as he often says).

Quote from: anagrammy on June 29, 2011, 11:56:48 PM
I have been noticing that when we talk about something here, a lot of times Noory or one of the other hosts mentions it, or some action is taken about our gripe.

Recently I posted a complaint about the website and a bunch of CoastGabbers have been commenting, including Evb posting some examples of websites "worst than C2C'.  I have said that Lex must be furious at the four commercial banners above the line, ruining his design.
Today I noticed those ads are gone and the top is clean!  Is this a response from Premiere or loss of advertisers?
Anagrammy

Could it be a "coincidence?"???????????????????????????????????????

anagrammy

Scully and others pointed out that Noory added Art Bell back on the list of people at the end of the show the next day after CoastGab posters ran a string of comments on the Noory whitewash being complete. 

It is not unreasonable to think they are following CoastGab given the number of lurkers/members here is far above that of any other forum I have found.

Anagrammy

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on June 30, 2011, 08:57:06 AM
It is not unreasonable to think they are following CoastGab given the number of lurkers/members here is far above that of any other forum I have found.

Anagrammy

IMO, the living soul of the Coast franchise resides within the threads of these forums; a digital refugee from the brain dead world of Noorpidity.

JustOneFix

Any company worth their salt is going to run constant search engine checks as to what people are saying about their product.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are heeding the voice of reason being posted here by many of us.

For the staff at Premiere, I have made a basic outline of points that will help you produce the higher quality product that you are after.

1. Get rid of Noory
2. Do away with the foods & spices topics and get back to more of the paranormal and other things along this line.
3. Get rid of Noory
4. If you don't get rid of Noory, tell him we are tired of hearing his irrelevant stories he likes to interject every chance he gets. It only makes him look like an idiot and is distracting to the guest.
5. Fire Noory
6. While everyone has a handicap or some sort of issue, when you can't pronounce simple words properly without repeating the word 3 or 4 times and still not getting it right- it is time to hang it up. This interferes with the quality of the product and makes for a poor listening experience.
7. Get rid of Noory

anagrammy

Dear Premiere,

You could start upping the quality of the show by having alternating hosts.  Noory-someone else-Noory--new host talent--Ian--Noory--George Knapp.  This way you'll find out if Noory weariness or listener weariness is responsible for the decline into infomercial land and shows full of meaningless questions.  Shoot- I could be a Noory-style host and don't even need a guest to give my questions: 

"We have a GREAT show for you tonight on a topic that is always on everybody's mind------ but let's start with the news."

"So you think there's more or is it that there are just more that are being reported?"

"Anything's possible, after all, and I've said so many times here on the show, there are no coincidences."

"Our listeners will tell you, I've always believed it was a big concern and will be even more so as time goes on.  Something's going on, that's for sure."

Lisa, Tom or whoever may be reading this-- these comments are fluff.  They do not add personality or anything to the show, CERTAINLY not "an aura of mystery."  George Noory has no underlying interest in the topics which would give a basis for cogent topics in a UFO-paranormal genre--which is what the show IS.

Not health.  Not herbs and vitamins.  Let me ask you-- is Big Pharma paranormal?  Big Pharma is to paranormal what the FAA is to the Bermuda triangle.  Perhaps you could gather the folks and define what falls into the category of "paranormal."  MORE BIGFOOT LESS TURMERIC!

The reason we want you to get rid of Noory is this:  he has no talent.  He is a nice person and should have stayed with dental school.  Or maybe start an oral hygiene show.  How can we say he has no interest?  Because he does not listen to the show even when he is hosting it.  He cannot answer a question, that's for sure.  He can't even answer a question about something that was said on the show just twenty minutes earlier.  He often asks questions which reveal he did not hear the answer which was on the hour previous where the host illuminated the area of his question extensively.

The current audience does not know the difference if they have not heard Art Bell do the show.  I didn't realize Art was such a talent until Noory took over and he was sooooo bad.  What do we miss?  A man who loves something, for one thing.  Art loved radio, his cats, Ramona, the desert, he had passions.  He loved good music! 

George says he loves radio.  Probably true because he is sticking with it despite his lack of natural ability.  Without natural ability; however, the "duty" aspect of his work is obvious.  He is plugging on, whereas, Art just loved it.  I remember Art would sometimes interrupt a guest or caller and say, "Wait, wait, did you say you 'see' them or you 'saw' them, because that's a big difference.  If this is an ongoing phenomena, we've got to get a team out to your house immediately!"  George never does that because he doesn't really care what they are saying, unless they know someone willing to come on the show.

The old base is more than willing to give another person a shot.  Most of us like George Knapp and feel that he is the heir apparent to the Art Bell-type show.  For all I know, you have other plans for Coast.  Maybe your next host will be more like Billy Mays, a fast-talking salesman with guests sandwiched between runs of infomercials.  Don't you people realize how you humiliate a host by offering his services to run prostate and aging male ads?  Do you see anyone who is a seriously respected investigator/reporter/media person also hawking adult diapers????  It is especially sad when George uses sales tools like implied personal friendship to sell.  "You know you can trust me and I wouldn't tell you something that wasn't true...."

Really?  How about "I see shadow men (or mice) all the time" and another time he spoke to a "Packed" auditorium in San Leandro.  I was there and there were 35-50 people max in that big theater. 

So those are some suggestions.

Anagrammy

EvB

Quote from: anagrammy on June 29, 2011, 11:56:48 PM

including Evb posting some examples of websites "worst than C2C'. 

Anagrammy

Did i type it like that - oy - i suck  :-[

anagrammy

Quote from: EvB on June 30, 2011, 08:02:00 PM
Did i type it like that - oy - i suck  :-[

No, Sister Write Right, the suckage is all mine!

Ana

anagrammy

Here is my email to Premiere, this time to Customer Service.  Let's see if there's any real response. 

Dear Customer Service,

Several months ago I emailed Lisa and made comments about the poor quality of the show and requested my streamlink membership be canceled at that time.  I have not used it since.

Apparently this request was not forwarded to you.  I was under the impression that I was in no danger of having my credit card automatically charged.

DO NOT RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION unless you, at the minimum, rotate hosts every other day.  George Noory simply does not have a lifetime interest in these paranormal topics and therefore cannot ask questions which are any more interesting than a random listener.  I can tell you the questions he is going to ask in advance, no matter the topic:

"This isn't something new, is it guest, this has been going on for a long time, right?" (sunspots, potholes, UFOs, colitis, demons, American infrastructure, fluoride, doesn't matter)

"Is there anything we can do about it?"

"Tell our listeners when you first noticed --SUBJECT--"

"This has become your life's work, hasn't it?"

When the guest says something preposterous, like,  "It was revealed to me in a dream that the demons fell to the earth and landed on the grassy knoll,"  George does not go for a slam dunk.  He says, "uh-huh" instead of confronting the person with an intelligent comment like, "Isn't that just your mind put two things together that are main concerns of yours in this dream?"

The whole point of having a paranormal show is to EXPLORE paranormal topics, not just provide a kind, loving platform for every person with a book to hawk their writings.  That is boring enough, and when you take a person like George Noory and turn him into Billy Mayes (the recently deceased infomercial sham-wow king), it takes credibility away from the show.

George has improved his pronunciation and has stopped saying on EVERY show, "There are no coincidences."  You need to support him by giving him the respect of not requiring him to say things like, "You know you can trust me and I wouldn't tell you something is good unless it is..."  or worse yet, "The Coast audience is like family to me and I wouldn't steer my family wrong...."  Only the least intelligent listener would not wince to hear that transparent sales manipulation.

I am still a Coast listener, as are many of my friends on Coastgab.  We love the show and are not going away--we will give credit where credit is due and are not haters.  What we hate is the decline of the quality of the show--and if steps are taken to restore that quality, like if Noory would actually read the author's books and ask intelligent unique questions, we would be enthusiastic supporters once again. 

Dismissing critics as haters is a mistake.  Like the phrase "any publicity is good publicity,"  mockers are listeners and people interested in the show.  You just need to flip us by acknowledging our concerns instead of defending with automatic email responses. 

Here's a constructive idea for you to consider:  Why don't you use your account at CoastGab to post responses to specific topics, ignoring the "GeorgeNoorySucks" comments and responding to the ones which can be addressed, like the issue of paid callers.

You could do that instead of just labeling us haters.

Sincerely

My Real Name

anagrammy

Oh, and here's the Streamlink Exit Survey.  Note there is no category entitled "Poor Quality Content" or even the host's names.  In addition, the reason "Because of advertisements" is ridiculous since listeners GET Streamlink to avoid advertisements.  There are no ads on Streamlink shows, so why would this be a reason for leaving.  Another example of people not thinking when they are working for Premiere.

Ana

Streamlink Exit Survey  Why did you cancel your membership?  Cost Audio problems Login problems Don't like new site Because of advertisements    Comments  Type your comments here.    Can we contact you?  Yes 

Eddie Coyle

"I'd love to wear a rainbow every day
   and tell the world that everything's okay
   but I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back
   'til things are brighter I'm the man in black
"

onan

Quote from: the_wanderer on July 04, 2011, 01:57:48 AM
These kinds of posts are why I really can't be fucked posting in this forum too much anymore.

It is impossible to prove or disprove whether someone is lurking for Noron or clear channel based on posting or not posting without some investigation.  Someone posted they were secretly Hoagland,  you might as well say you were the Lindberg baby or you were on the grassy knoll in Dallas.  If they are really fucking stupid, one could grab their IP address from the server access logs which is easy to do then run a traceroute then look up their DNS.  Check that DNS against clear channel and c2c.  I do this all the time to block spammers and report them to the blackhole list with a simple PHP script.  If they had any brains at all, they would use one of the anonymizers or a public proxy server based in China, Hong Kong, Korea or somewhere not in the US with at least 512bit encryption then without FBI/DoD/Interpol help, it's virtually impossible to tell who is lurking or not.  Emails are useless, it is easy to fake headers, child's play.

Long letters like yours end up in the bit bucket faster than you can type "alias nuke = rm -fR"  To actually think they would answer or change on one letter that itself is IMHO pissing against the wind.  You might as well write a letter to Santa Clause tell him you've been nice and what you'd like for Christmas and then ask the Easter Bunny to come over for supper.  I'm calling you out on this one. You should really take marketing 101 or some kind of business class, instead of writing anecdotal innuendos about it, yes I took it a long time ago,  along with grad level optics 1&2, French, German, Latin, stochastic thermodynamics, quantum electrodynamics, computational electromagnetics, entertainment law, business legal contracts, patent law, writing analysis, blah, blah, blah... most people here wouldn't have a fucking clue but I do.  If you don't believe me, take a hint from Amnesty International, a very boring one or two line message, "change format or i will not listen or support sponsors" bombarding the sponsors and clear channel does ORDERS of magnitude more towards achieving a goal than ONE long letter.  Or read the CIA manual on political insurrection and counter insurgency, of course I have.

Even on the most improbable happening, your bitching about the c2c website had an impact, c2c changes format, you get all that you want.  This forum would be obsolete.  Suits, not the low level peons, know the marketing game very well.  If the people who didn't like c2c didn't have a forum like this one, they would listen to another program, yet with this forum, they still listen, still generating numbers for the ratings.  They are playing 3D-chess, you are playing 'go fish', nothing personal but that seems to be your tactics and strategy.

For me,  I flip for fucking no one.  I stand for something and can't be bought, sold, marginalized or politicized.  People who stand for nothing, fall for anything and everything.

I will not listen to that monstrosity/travesty of a show that insults my intelligence and spirituality. 
Noron is a lazy bastard. Does NO preparation for the show.
Noron is a liar based on his own words and actions.  Search the database/google.
Noron is a self-centered, megalomaniac.  Only callers who kiss his ass get to talk to him. 
Noron probably has an IQ of  less than 80, more than a dim-wit, less than a half-wit.
As I cannot stand Noron's lack of pronunciation and retarded diction on the simplest of words or terms.

Old engineering saying, GIGO, Garbage In Garbage Out.  Noron's hosting is garbage.

The current show is a direct reflection of these attributes, they are immutable.

One need only look at the topics, guests and regulars on the show. 

Q.E.D.

That's "quod erat demonstrandum" meaning it has been proven, for all of you non-latin knowing MoFo's.

Flame all you want, I really just don't give a shit.  These are my opinions, I stand by them.  Don't read them if you don't want. I'm heading off to Spain to paint and joust a few windmills of my own.

Yeah, Ana! How dare you post your opinions and actions about c2c. Damn-it you have wasted my time reading your ineffectual post. You shouldn't post anything that isn't perfect in design and implementation. It infuriates me that I have to come here and correct your obvious lack of consideration and poorly planned composition.

If only you had written a concise note to stop any payments, c2c would have been swayed. Boy err rather Girl, you sure were foolish.

What amazes me most however is your over bloated sense of importance. I mean, perhaps if you had more education you would have realized your errand of foolishness.

I guess what I hope most is you learn that others are smarter than you. You have to understand, your attempt to cope effectively and rationally with a problem is completely undermined by your expression of that problem. You see, any message has to be parsed in a way that you obviously do not understand. I mean you are probably too old to have any actual wisdom. More than likely you are stuck in your mental fluidity and are stalled with your desire for some semblance of civil discourse.

Lucky for you there is me to set you straight.

Go ahead flame away... I am going to travel to my bathroom and take a dump.

aldousburbank

These kinds of posts are why I really can't be fucked posting in this forum too much anymore.

Excellent!

Wow!  Sure am glad onan and aldous are here. 

I'm confused.  What's making these guys jump off the deep end? 

Or am I being obtuse and they're really Georgie and Tommy throwing tantrums?

Just trying to keep my head up.

TW

onan

Quote from: Treading Water on July 04, 2011, 09:23:50 AM
Wow!  Sure am glad onan and aldous are here. 

I'm confused.  What's making these guys jump off the deep end? 

Or am I being obtuse and they're really Georgie and Tommy throwing tantrums?

Just trying to keep my head up.

TW

perhaps I should have used [sarcasm]   [/sarcasm] in reference to the post I had quoted.

tbh didn't think it was necessary.

Quote from: onan on July 04, 2011, 09:31:51 AM

perhaps I should have used [sarcasm]   [/sarcasm] in reference to the post I had quoted.

Not necessary, I was able to perceive sarcasm without those additional HTML tags.

P.S. I believe that premiere is lurking here because I was here for the threads where premiere's employees usernames became exposed after they were actually outed by themselves (or by others who no longer post here).

grad level optics 1&2, French, German, Latin, stochastic thermodynamics, quantum electrodynamics, computational electromagnetics, entertainment law, business legal contracts, patent law, writing analysis, blah, blah, blah...

Well Educated woman Kicked off Train

Nope, wasn't. I got your drift. 

I was referring to the "original" flamers.  You and aldous are what keeps me from running away screaming.  That wasn't sarcasm from me. 

I am concerned about the vicious nature of these last few attacks on Ana.  Maybe I'm overreacting, but I've had some personal experience with domestic abuse and that just hits too, too close to home. 

Anyway, I think, onan, you carry Ana's scarf admirably.  And, aldous, I love the way you completely disarm an uncomfortable situation.     :)

Carry on.

Eddie Coyle

This grandiose farewell by "The Meanderer" will of course,not be one at all. Isn't this about the third or fourth time he's promised to go away? How can we miss you when you never leave?

What's the Latin term for "self consumed ass clown"?

Not at all necessary. Great post ;)

Quote from: guildnavigator on July 04, 2011, 10:01:03 AM
P.S. I believe that premiere is lurking here because I was here for the threads where premiere's employees usernames became exposed after they were actually outed by themselves (or by others who no longer post here).

I think I caught some of this as well, and once seen it is impossible to unsee.

aldousburbank

Quote from: guildnavigator on July 04, 2011, 10:01:03 AM

Not necessary, I was able to perceive sarcasm without those additional HTML tags.

Man, this here is why I love this forum even more than plucking BB pellets at ground squirrels while sipping Monsters in the slim shade of a Saguaro on the hottest of Arizona days.  Only doing so with Onan, Guild, and The Anagrammy could be better.

Yes, The Premieirites are not stupid enough to NOT be doing the modicum of lurkification around here, but maybe too stupid to think it's funny.  On the other hand, the super hot Lena, Verbose Rodger, and The Great Wander are significantly similar manifestations, IMO, of those too smart to be here for f*ks sake already.  Go change your underwears.

EvB

Sheesh - who says you can't be crazy and well educated?   ::)

anagrammy

It is impossible to prove or disprove whether someone is lurking for Noron or clear channel based on posting or not posting without some investigation.  Someone posted they were secretly Hoagland,  you might as well say you were the Lindberg baby or you were on the grassy knoll in Dallas.  If they are really fucking stupid, one could grab their IP address from the server access logs which is easy to do then run a traceroute then look up their DNS.  Check that DNS against clear channel and c2c.  I do this all the time to block spammers and report them to the blackhole list with a simple PHP script.  If they had any brains at all, they would use one of the anonymizers or a public proxy server based in China, Hong Kong, Korea or somewhere not in the US with at least 512bit encryption then without FBI/DoD/Interpol help, it's virtually impossible to tell who is lurking or not.  Emails are useless, it is easy to fake headers, child's play.

Long letters like yours end up in the bit bucket faster than you can type "alias nuke = rm -fR"  To actually think they would answer or change on one letter that itself is IMHO pissing against the wind.  You might as well write a letter to Santa Clause tell him you've been nice and what you'd like for Christmas and then ask the Easter Bunny to come over for supper.  I'm calling you out on this one. You should really take marketing 101 or some kind of business class, instead of writing anecdotal innuendos about it, yes I took it a long time ago,  along with grad level optics 1&2, French, German, Latin, stochastic thermodynamics, quantum electrodynamics, computational electromagnetics, entertainment law, business legal contracts, patent law, writing analysis, blah, blah, blah... most people here wouldn't have a fucking clue but I do.  If you don't believe me, take a hint from Amnesty International, a very boring one or two line message, "change format or i will not listen or support sponsors" bombarding the sponsors and clear channel does ORDERS of magnitude more towards achieving a goal than ONE long letter.  Or read the CIA manual on political insurrection and counter insurgency, of course I have.

Even on the most improbable happening, your bitching about the c2c website had an impact, c2c changes format, you get all that you want.  This forum would be obsolete.  Suits, not the low level peons, know the marketing game very well.  If the people who didn't like c2c didn't have a forum like this one, they would listen to another program, yet with this forum, they still listen, still generating numbers for the ratings.  They are playing 3D-chess, you are playing 'go fish', nothing personal but that seems to be your tactics and strategy.

For me,  I flip for fucking no one.  I stand for something and can't be bought, sold, marginalized or politicized.  People who stand for nothing, fall for anything and everything.

I will not listen to that monstrosity/travesty of a show that insults my intelligence and spirituality. 
Noron is a lazy bastard. Does NO preparation for the show.
Noron is a liar based on his own words and actions.  Search the database/google.
Noron is a self-centered, megalomaniac.  Only callers who kiss his ass get to talk to him. 
Noron probably has an IQ of  less than 80, more than a dim-wit, less than a half-wit.
As I cannot stand Noron's lack of pronunciation and retarded diction on the simplest of words or terms.

Old engineering saying, GIGO, Garbage In Garbage Out.  Noron's hosting is garbage.

The current show is a direct reflection of these attributes, they are immutable.

One need only look at the topics, guests and regulars on the show. 

Q.E.D.

That's "quod erat demonstrandum" meaning it has been proven, for all of you non-latin knowing MoFo's.

Flame all you want, I really just don't give a shit.  These are my opinions, I stand by them.  Don't read them if you don't want. I'm heading off to Spain to paint and joust a few windmills of my own.

Hi Wanderer,  I'm always interested in what you have to say.  I may not comment "on your level" but the world is full of worthwhile people who are not as educated as you are.  You always have something interesting to say, even though you are dismissive and bombastic (see your avatar for your basic attitude).   

Yesterday I tried to PM for the first time with a question, wondering why I hadn't seen some posts from you in a while and I got a message saying you had blocked me.  I assumed it was a website malfunction, but now I'm thinking maybe not. 

Maybe we are not worthy for your eyes, just like Coast is not worthy for your ears.  So be it, but I will miss you, Saltypants.

Anagrammy

You're the classiest ever, Ana. Especially for someone unversed in computational electromagnetics and entertainment law.

Scully

... Flame all you want, I really just don't give a shit.  These are my opinions, I stand by them.  Don't read them if you don't want. I'm heading off to Spain to paint and joust a few windmills of my own.

Do they not have the internet in Spain?  ???

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Scully on July 04, 2011, 11:25:49 PM

Do they not have the internet in Spain?  ???

Or houses that need painting in America?

Avi

These kinds of posts are why I really can't be fucked...

Now, this sounds like a plea for help. Surely, it is a serious problem. Take two Viagra, and don't call. Onan, your reply was delightful and hilarious. I am merely resorting to crudity.

Seriously (if I can manage it), yes, I do think this site is perused by Premiere, et al, but action is only taken insofar as the bottom line is not affected. I think Premiere is quite interested in the criticism here, because it is done intelligently and specifically. I have no connection to Premiere, but I remote viewed their rationale.