• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Gassy Man

Quote from: coaster on January 20, 2012, 02:55:49 PM
I've got "Mishhus Mish Shedlock" stuck in my head now. I keep repeating it out loud, but in Sean Connery's accent.

That's very much what I thought when I read Jasmine's delightful post.

Gassy Man

Quote from: kf5iwe on January 21, 2012, 02:36:28 PM
Because I am a simpleton? Because I delight in selfpunishment? Because my love life is 50/50 and I lie awake at night alone half of the time? No, although some people may think I am a simpleton. I continue to listen in the hope that one night Art will be there. And so I will continue to be a member of Coast extreme, waiting for Art to come back. I know it is a lost cause. I just dont have much else to do right now,
My girlfriend and I usually put it on right before we go to sleep -- she's a big fan of Nooryisms and can't believe how stupid he is.  I listen to hear if the guest will be tolerable, and if so, put up with it until Noory gets on my nerves.  However, if Knapp is hosting, I generally listen to the whole show, and the same goes for Art, though that is sadly extinct.

Quote from: Morgus on January 21, 2012, 01:40:52 AM
Noory must have this guest on to talk about curses, since purportedly he himself tried to put a curse on a young woman years ago because she spurned his advances? ...

Wasn't that from his own book, the first one?

George really should read through the books he 'writes' before they come out.

Jasmine

Hey Morgus, your excellent photo-shopped work of art - Richard C. Hoagland as Kazoo - is flipping me out! That is one creepy visual. It somewhat recalls for me the comically frightening South American Voodoo demon doll that terrorized Karen Black in her apartment in the old 70's made-for-TV movie 'Trilogy of Terror'!! I now have visions of being chased around my bed by a Richard C dwarf-gnome, and let me tell ya, it aint a pretty picture. All I need is for George Noory and Mish Shedlock to join in the chase, then it would indeed be a Trilogy of Terror! Aaaaaaaaah!

Mishhus Mish Shedlock from Bedrock

Scully

Quote from: b_dubb on January 20, 2012, 11:05:34 PM
Some of us have stopped listening to the show. For those of us who haven't ... what keeps you going back?

In the simple words of Sir Edmund Hillary, "Because it's there." 

Back at ya: Why do those of you who haven't listened to Coast for months or years keep posting here at "Coastgab -- A Forum of Coast to Coast AM and Art Bell Fans"?  8)

BobGrau

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 21, 2012, 10:54:33 AM
Or, if we add a Flintstones twist to the name, Ms. Jasmine could be Mishhus Mish Shedrock.

Perhaps Richard C. Hoagland's next "Get ready for that!" 'science report' on C2C could encompass the hidden NASA messages in 'The Flintstones' - ones sent out via the space age character, Kazoo, who dropped into Fred and Barney's lives in Bedrock towards the end of the series.

George: "Richard, I gotta ask you this. (long pause)...do...do...do you think that Hanna-Barbera was in kahoots with NASA with Kazoo? I mean, it's no coincidence Kazoo is a martian! A green martian! What were they trying to tell us, Richard?"

Richard: "Well, George, considering the fact that the Hanna-Barbera animator who created Kazoo was from Kalamazoo, Michigan, and that one of the two NASA scientists in kahoots with the men from Hanna-Barbera over the creation of Kazoo was born in Yazoo City, Mississippi, and the other was born in Chatanooga, I think, like the face on Mars, we can rule out coincidences."

George: "And let's not forget the Chatanooga Choo Choo, Richard, there's got to be a connection there and with the face on Mars. Tracks leave traces!"

Richard: "Precisely, George." "Now you're just be ridiculous, George"

George: "I don't believe in coincidences, Richard. You know that, they know that, and I knew that."   ... "good question. Let's go to the phones..."

Quote from: b_dubb on January 20, 2012, 11:05:34 PM
Some of us have stopped listening to the show. For those of us who haven't ... what keeps you going back?

I am disabled and C2C is one of dozens of places I use to keep actively learning and prevent myself from becoming bored or depressed (please refrain from making obvious suicide-by-snoory jokes at my expense thank you). I scan the guest list and listen in either live or from the archives when something sounds interesting. Rarely will the content outweigh the cringe-factor.

For example, the other night I was interested in listening to the Sheldrake interview. After an already too-long introductory story about Rupert's near death from stabbing a few years back, George wastes more time asking if he knew George's Aunt Caligula or whatever her name was (the woman who died by a toaster falling in the tub or whatever...) So after determining that Rupert did NOT know her, Snoory launches into the whole story anyway - wasting another chunk of time when clearly the guest is not interested.  The whole interview goes downhill from there with George's 'golly gee Mr. Wizard' responses and poorly framed questions - Sheldrake's replies are always preceded by that uncomfortable pause we've all come to know - where the guest is thinking 'what does that have to do with what I'm talking about?' or (fill in your own thought of disbelief).

So yes, it is a bit of a challenge to listen, but I'm interested in some of the guests, so I keep subscribing.

Tara

Quote from: Scully on January 22, 2012, 01:42:49 AM

Back at ya: Why do those of you who haven't listened to Coast for months or years keep posting here at "Coastgab -- A Forum of Coast to Coast AM and Art Bell Fans"?  8)

I was a long time listener of Art Bell;  I heard about 95% of his entire shows.  In those days (90's), I used a 1/4 time cassette recorder, so I missed nothing. 

I occasionally post on Coastgab to add some bit of info re: the old days to the conversation.  I like to highlight the vast difference between AB and Noory to those who have little or no memory of the great one. 

I subscribed to "Insider" for years but recently cancelled with a snide email to Noory.  One saying comes to mind: "free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty I'm free at last" of Noory and his minions. 

Don't want to denigrate those who still listen;  C2C occasionally has good guests as long as Noory shuts up and lets them talk. 

fysisist

Quote from: conscious comic on January 22, 2012, 08:27:50 AM

I am disabled and C2C is one of dozens of places I use to keep actively learning and prevent myself from becoming bored or depressed (please refrain from making obvious suicide-by-snoory jokes at my expense thank you). I scan the guest list and listen in either live or from the archives when something sounds interesting. Rarely will the content outweigh the cringe-factor.

For example, the other night I was interested in listening to the Sheldrake interview. After an already too-long introductory story about Rupert's near death from stabbing a few years back, George wastes more time asking if he knew George's Aunt Caligula or whatever her name was (the woman who died by a toaster falling in the tub or whatever...) So after determining that Rupert did NOT know her, Snoory launches into the whole story anyway - wasting another chunk of time when clearly the guest is not interested.  The whole interview goes downhill from there with George's 'golly gee Mr. Wizard' responses and poorly framed questions - Sheldrake's replies are always preceded by that uncomfortable pause we've all come to know - where the guest is thinking 'what does that have to do with what I'm talking about?' or (fill in your own thought of disbelief).

So yes, it is a bit of a challenge to listen, but I'm interested in some of the guests, so I keep subscribing.

If you are interested in paranormal topics, there are several other shows that are generally much better than C2C with Noory.  And they are free, also, available on iTunes or streaming from a web site.  I'd be happy to give you a list if you are interested.  But on re-reading your post you sound "one of dozens" so probably I don't have anything you don't already know about. 

fysisist

Quote from: fysisist on January 22, 2012, 02:50:43 PM
If you are interested in paranormal topics, there are several other shows that are generally much better than C2C with Noory.  And they are free, also, available on iTunes or streaming from a web site.  I'd be happy to give you a list if you are interested.  But on re-reading your post you said "one of dozens" so probably I don't have anything you don't already know about.

b_dubb

Quote from: Scully on January 22, 2012, 01:42:49 AM

I used to listen to Punnet and Knapp shows. And now that my friend has allowed his streamlink subscription to expire well I haven't listened to a show in weeks.

El Kragen

Quote from: Lovely Bones on January 21, 2012, 09:35:19 AM
... a comment Georgie Boy made last night:

I want this show to inform you, tell you about things that are going on in the world, help make your health better.  Oh sure, you'll occasionally hear the weird thing . . .

IOW, in Georgie's mind, it's not Coast anymore, but his chance to play Super Journalist and Infomercial Master.

I can't express how sad it is to hear stuff like this. There really is no hope for Coast to Coast AM. George and the powers that be want to continue to turn a once unique, one of a kind radio show into a shitty run of the mill talk show that fills the overnight slot. In all seriousness, listening to George's C2C will be like waking up early Sunday listening to infomercials then reading that Parade magazine insert that comes with the Sunday paper, the AM version of the John Tesh Radio Show. Honestly I don't think it will matter who they have hosting the show. Give George the boot and it will still be shit, just a different consistency.   

Sardondi

George Noory:

"  I want this show to inform you, tell you about things that are going on in the world, help make your health better. . . ."

Just roll that around in your mind and savor the rich irony. That George Noory thinks he can impart knowledge, to anyone, about anything, just staggers me.

My subscription renewal comes up in February - time to let it drop.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Sardondi on January 23, 2012, 02:46:23 AM
George Noory:

"  I want this show to inform you, tell you about things that are going on in the world, help make your health better. . . ."

Just roll that around in your mind and savor the rich irony. That George Noory thinks he can impart knowledge, to anyone, about anything, just staggers me.

Agreed, and agree with El Kragen above also.  IMO, Wells isn't any better on the intellectual curiosity scale.  With Art retired, only Knapp and Ian of the remaining hosts have the intellectual capacity to do justice to Coast.  And they are, as Knapp describes himself, only "occasional" hosts. 

analog kid

I made this a while ago, for some reason...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on January 23, 2012, 09:27:56 AM

Cool. That makes Noory lok like a roadie for Uriah Heep or Saxon....

JohnnieB

This photo of Noory actually makes me physically ill. He looks like an old beagle dog mixed with a Romanian-Gypsy tarot card-fortune telling woman sitting in a small tent at the State Fair.

JohnnieB

Quote from: Morgus on January 21, 2012, 02:26:41 PM

Coast to Coast AM ACTION FIGURES! Richard C. Hoagland and batteries sold separately.

Sardondi

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 23, 2012, 01:00:29 PM...He looks like...a Romanian-Gypsy tarot card-fortune telling woman sitting in a small tent at the State Fair.

Hmmm. Romanian. Transylvania. Dracul. George Dracul - Noory the Impaler. Who roams the night in search of vicitms, laying waste to the minds, hearts and souls of any unlucky enough to encounter him. He enters through the ears and bores into the brain. There he seizes any memories of the wonderful C2C of the past, as well as any hopes for a return to something resembling the magical feeling of that show. Then he rips them from the mind, and cruelly impales them on a microphone. As the torture begins, he starts chanting his Ancient Ritual:

"As you know, I don't believe in coincidences."
"Boy, the time has just flown by tonight."
"A very special guest..."
"Did you know my aunt, Shafica Karagulla?"
"My very first interview ever was Stanton Friedman."
"There's something going on out there."

When he finishes, all the hopes and dreams his victim ever had for a return of Coasttocoast to the wonderful, mesmerizing show it once was, die - never to live again. Even the warm memories the victim had of those marvelous nights in the past, when a deep, rich voice, and a deeper, richer mind entertained and delighted the world, even those are pierced through the heart and die.

And all because Noory the Impaler murdered them.

b_dubb

I recall a song where a tree is used as a symbol for a relationship. The chorus repeats "better for us if the ax splits the trunk" which I take to mean that. Egged to go your separate ways than to try to hang on to something that isn't really working. For anyone. Perhaps some is us are arriving at that point now. Walk away before the plundering of Coast dirties your memories of Coast's glory days

Jasmine

Hey, Georgie Noory!
You keep saying you've got something for me
Something you call information, but confess
You've been messin' where you shouldn't have been a messin'
And now someone else is gettin' all your best

These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you

You keep lying, Georgie, when you oughta be truthin'
And you keep losin' when you oughta not bet
You keep samin' when you oughta be changin'
Now what's right is right, but you ain't been right yet

These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you

You keep playin', Georgie, where you shouldn't be playin'
And you keep thinkin' that you'll never get burnt
Ha! I just found me a brand new box of matches yeah
And what he knows you ain't HAD time to learn

These boots were made for walkin'
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days, Georgie,
These boots are gonna walk all over you

Are you ready boots? Start walkin'!

Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

McPhallus

Reminds me of an old Rush song....

But I think it's a guilty pleasure for many, like watching a slow train wreck.  They know they really shouldn't watch it, they have better things to do.  It's not proper. But something about a disaster is just so fascinating to look at.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 23, 2012, 04:18:28 PM
I recall a song where a tree is used as a symbol for a relationship. The chorus repeats "better for us if the ax splits the trunk" which I take to mean that. Egged to go your separate ways than to try to hang on to something that isn't really working. For anyone. Perhaps some is us are arriving at that point now. Walk away before the plundering of Coast dirties your memories of Coast's glory days

McPhallus

Priceless expression on his face.  It's like he's fried out of his gourd.

michio

Words come to mind upon viewing this picture.  Disturbing. Wrong. The missing link. Bigfoot's grandfathermother.  WTF?!  I'm also thinking sunglasses might have made him more attractive, TRULY HUGE sunglasses.

Aerosmith - Dude (Looks Like A Lady)

WOTR

Quote from: Sardondi on January 23, 2012, 03:20:46 PM
George Dracul - Noory the Impaler.
And all because Noory the Impaler murdered them.
Explains why so many of us keep it on in the background.  I have to admit that I no longer actively listen most nights but that habit takes over and it is usually background noise.  Perhaps the part of my conscious brain that makes decisions on what to listen to has already been scrambled by the Impaler?

Sardondi

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 21, 2012, 12:54:01 PMAlso don't forget how George's glee is expressed when there are stories of badly injured or dead children. George just LOVES to provide listeners with all the horrific details. I think he's toned down the number of mangled/dead kids stories, though. The man has serious disturbing issues.

You're right - he seems obsessed with hearing tales of cruelty or brutal treatment to children. A few minutes ago I was listening to "Ghost Trilogy" from 5/23/07, in Classic Shows. Leslie Rule was telling a ghost story -

LR: Now this park happens to be the site where the Donner Party in 1846 camped. As most of your listeners will know, this was a group of pioneers who were going West to California when they became snowbound and they had to resort to cannibalism to survive the....

GN: And wasn't one person there accused of murdering a child when the food ran out?

Creepy.

valdez

Robert Shapiro talking about drug awareness. I use to intensely dislike him for being a part of O.J.'s dream team (with Johnny Cochran and F.Lee Bailey), but now that the Juice is in the slammer (for a Vegas heist no less), and time has passed, I suppose he's an alright guy, and was just doing his job. Good ol' John Hogue disguising his psychotic liberal rants as genuine astrological Nostradamus type prophesies. I did appreciate him saying that all this Nibiru talk was "insanity," and that people should "give it up."

OJ Simpson: Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!
oj