• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm Ignoring That Person Thread

Started by Jackstar, May 31, 2016, 09:10:43 PM

AZZERAE

Quote from: ksm32 on October 08, 2020, 10:19:30 PM
This should actually be about posters you would beat up if you had the chance. For fun. Not hate coz hey, they might actually be really nice people in person.

I'd beat the shit outta you in person. I remember what you did when Enard was around, motherfucker. Your mutant-like biceps don't scare me a bit. And you're a cunt here, so you're probably a cunt in person.

Jackstar

Quote from: AZZERAE on October 09, 2020, 02:11:00 AM
I'd beat the shit outta you in person.

Not the face! I need this one for the block.

ksm32

Quote from: AZZERAE on October 09, 2020, 02:11:00 AM
I'd beat the shit outta you in person.

THAT! Would be a neat trick! I'd make rather quick work of you. Orrr I could take my time - have fun with it like a whale does a seal before he kills it. No, Azzy, you wouldn't, couldn't do anything of the sort. But I can't stop you from dreaming.

AZZERAE

Quote from: ksm32 on October 09, 2020, 10:48:37 AM
No, Azzy, you wouldn't, couldn't [beat the shit outta me]. But I can't stop you from dreaming.

You look like a wannabe Gene Simmons. Where's your face paint, faggot?

I'm calling on Michael Vrump, President of the Incited Pates of Bellgab, to hereby ban the ignore function. Bellgab as a nation was built on the principal of free speech and a strong belief in growing a hairy pair and facing mean words that hurt your feelings on the internet with courage. God bless the IPB, home of the vicious, land of the vaguely lovable.

chefist

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on October 09, 2020, 04:00:17 PM
I'm calling on Michael Vrump, President of the Incited Pates of Bellgab, to hereby ban the ignore function. Bellgab as a nation was built on the principal of free speech and a strong belief in growing a hairy pair and facing mean words that hurt your feelings on the internet with courage. God bless the IPB, home of the vicious, land of the vaguely lovable.

Agreed

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on October 09, 2020, 04:00:17 PM

Everyone is free to speak here. The other half of the equation is that we’re also free to not listen if we don’t want to, for example when someone thinks it’s clever to post the video for the song Gaybar 100 times. I vote to keep the ignore feature.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 09, 2020, 04:41:01 PM
someone thinks it’s clever to post the video for the song Gaybar 100 times

Fifty-five repetitions ought to be enough for anyone and everyone.

ItsOver

I’m with the Doc.  You have a choice to either use it or not.  You can always just ignore the ignore feature.

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 09, 2020, 04:41:01 PM
Everyone is free to speak here. The other half of the equation is that we’re also free to not listen if we don’t want to, for example when someone thinks it’s clever to post the video for the song Gaybar 100 times. I vote to keep the ignore feature.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BRrfnvGQG1I

AZZERAE

Quote from: ItsOver on October 09, 2020, 05:20:53 PM
You can always just ignore the ignore feature.

The one thing about the ignore feature that's always rendered it somewhat ineffective (in my eyes at least), is that when someone quotes a post but someone you're ignoring, it shows anyway.

Jackstar

All j* blocks/bans lifted. All is forgiven. ALL. Even that absolute bastard that used to post all that spam for sunglasses--even that individual is now meant to be unbanned, and all is forgiven. I have been using the word "all" here, because I bloody well mean it.

It has come to my attention that some people needed to have a global announcement about this--hopefully they won't miss this signal while doing their makeup with the powder room. I mean, on the powder room. I mean, in the powder room. Whatevah.

If one finds themselves still unable to message me, or my Staff, or my Rod, or the crew of the USS Comfort, at all, at any time, in any way, please locate & inform your closest local LegacyKeeper.

Also, as an aside: the position of Fishwife has been filled. Sorry, Roswell's Art--pate bought our your contract, and there was nothing I could do about it, without making Grapefruit jelly.

WOTR

Quote from: ksm32 on October 09, 2020, 10:48:37 AM
THAT! Would be a neat trick! I'd make rather quick work of you. Orrr I could take my time - have fun with it like a whale does a seal before he kills it. No, Azzy, you wouldn't, couldn't do anything of the sort. But I can't stop you from dreaming.
Interesting... Azz does not seem like he has the high-strung "crazy" going for him. So you may be correct. However, I used to know a doorman who worked a very rough bar in a mining town. He was around 45, thin (130 - 150?) but had the "crazy" going for him. I bounced at a mid-level shit bar. He bounced in a complete shit bar in the basement of a hotel built in the 70's that attracted the absolute worst that a mining town can offer.

You could tell that something was "off" with him- even in polite conversation. I used to wonder how the hell he managed to work that bar until one night I was in and he beat a customer with a phone and just kept going. Eventually another doorman pulled him off of the guy. I never did know what set him off that time. I don't think he ever just walked a customer out and put them in a cab.

I heard about 5 years after that he was charged with second degree murder for beating a customer to death. The only surprise that I had was that it took 5 years. Point being that there are some people you don't think are a threat- but they really are. I talked with the guy pretty regular, and I decided that there is no substitute for complete bat-shit crazy with no regard for consequences when it comes right down to a fight.

Anyhow, the point is that "toying" with somebody may not always be the best course of action and really only shows a complete lack of commitment- a dangerous trait which some others do not share...

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on October 25, 2020, 04:15:31 PM
All j* blocks/bans lifted. All is forgiven. ALL. Even...

Even such egregious crimes such as adding emoticons where it is not warranted? (And the overuse of ellipsis...)  :)

All j* blocks/bans lifted. All is forgiven. ALL. Even that absolute bastard that used to post all that spam for sunglasses--even that individual is now meant to be unbanned, and all is forgiven. I have been using the word "all" here, because I bloody well mean it.

It has come to my attention that some people needed to have a global announcement about this--hopefully they won't miss this signal while doing their makeup with the powder room. I mean, on the powder room. I mean, in the powder room. Whatevah.

If one finds themselves still unable to message me, or my Staff, or my Rod, or the crew of the USS Comfort, at all, at any time, in any way, please locate & inform your closest local LegacyKeeper.

Also, as an aside: the position of Fishwife has been filled. Sorry, Roswell's Art--pate bought our your contract, and there was nothing I could do about it, without making Grapefruit jelly.

Very magnanimous.

Ciardelo

Quote from: AZZERAE on October 10, 2020, 12:27:59 AM
The one thing about the ignore feature that's always rendered it somewhat ineffective (in my eyes at least), is that when someone quotes a post but someone you're ignoring, it shows anyway.

*Repost so Jackstar can see it.

Roswells, Art

Good call. It's nice to see you happily posting these past few months. Keep it up.

Also, what is up with all this Rubini bullshit? It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers around here. I thought you'd be one of the last to be assimilated.

Jackstar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 29, 2020, 12:20:22 PM
Also, what is up with all this Rubini bullshit? It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers around here. I thought you'd be one of the last to be assimilated.

Oh, I would so dearly love to explain, however, I am on strike--assimilation got overwritten.

I think it's a case of "saving the best for last" and then choking at the last minute. I really do not know, however, a lot of what is going on with this is way out of my area, both of influence and interest. It sure seems to matter a lot to some people, though! Who am I to judge? Perhaps it is important--to them.

Please be sure to ask me again, if interest remains, once The Strike has ended. It's a great story. Some fabulous high points! Also, a lot of agony, and a lot of defeat. For them.

Welcome back! You would have made a brilliant Fishwife. Post often. Now that my field of allowed postings has narrowed significantly, there is a lot of room for you to shine, would you be so inclined. pate, for one, would surely be delighted to see more of you.

Expect no further clarification here. Scusi, mille regretie.

Jackstar

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on October 26, 2020, 02:36:14 AM
Very magnanimous.

Oh, if you only knew. I'm like a saint, except without any child diddling. Let's not make a big deal out of it, any one of you are capable of being as brilliant as I. How hard is it not to abuse children? It doesn't seem to be all that difficult to me.

p.s.: I guess there are a few things in life I do not completely forgive. Oops, am I bad?

Tootsie

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 29, 2020, 03:26:59 PM
To the ladies of Ellgab:

I have the honor of being banned from Ellgab.. Are you ignoring me again?   :'(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tootsie on October 29, 2020, 03:29:23 PM

No. I just couldn’t find an appropriate thread and figure most there wanted to ignore me and other free thinkers who upset their societal norms of groupthink. I was just reading one tool over there gloating over the stats that Covid deaths have surpassed the highest years of flu deaths and that this disproves all the “conspriacy theories” about it not being that bad. I guess when you wholesale include ALL deaths in your Covid stats that ain’t hard to achieve. ;)

Tootsie

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 29, 2020, 03:34:15 PM
No. I just couldn’t find an appropriate thread and figure most there wanted to ignore me and other free thinkers who upset their societal norms of groupthink. ;)

I would never ignore you   :) ;)

Asuka Langley

>imagine what kind of shit a cat lady has to do to get banned from ellgab

OY VEY!

Tootsie

Quote from: Asuka Langley on October 29, 2020, 03:38:57 PM
>imagine what kind of shit a cat lady has to do to get banned from ellgab

OY VEY!

Yeah, it took quite a bit of hard work on my part, little taco of mine   :) :-*

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on October 29, 2020, 12:51:17 PM
Oh, I would so dearly love to explain, however, I am on strike--assimilation got overwritten.

Please be sure to ask me again, if interest remains, once The Strike has ended. It's a great story. Some fabulous high points! Also, a lot of agony, and a lot of defeat. For them.

Lodge orders, eh?

Welcome back! You would have made a brilliant Fishwife.

Thank you, that's always nice to hear.

WOTR

Welcome back! You would have made a brilliant Fishwife.
Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 31, 2020, 01:51:00 PM
Thank you, that's always nice to hear.

I believe that you accepted that far too quickly. There are Mormon fishwives. It need not be an exclusive relationship.

WOTR

Quote from: Tootsie on October 29, 2020, 03:29:23 PM

I'm starting to wonder just how easy being banned over there is. What was your fictional crime?