• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Just wanted to make you aware...

Started by Jackstar, May 02, 2016, 10:30:11 PM

Jackstar

Hey guys, but not the girls, because I'm a sexist pig.  Just wanted to send this out to make sure you're aware that Amazon.com has The Elements of Style (Kindle eBook) for Free. It's a podcast book about the world of guitars literacy (spelling, paragraphs, cogent thesis statements, etc.), available now for free at Amazon.com.  I think this is the best and most consistent treatise on how to write without looking like a fucking idiot, and if you haven't read it, I'd like to encourage you to give it a try.  Even if you don't have a Kindle, you'll find that humans have been using written communication for thousands of years, and you illiterate chumps aren't breaking any new ground by embracing slack-jawed ignorance.

I hope some of you get ass cancer in your heads and die in a fire.

Ciardelo

Thanks buddy! I already have a copy from college, but a kindle version sure is handy!

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on May 02, 2016, 10:30:11 PM
Hey guys, but not the girls, because I'm a sexist pig.  Just wanted to send this out to make sure you're aware that Amazon.com has The Elements of Style (Kindle eBook) for Free. It's a podcast book about the world of guitars literacy (spelling, paragraphs, cogent thesis statements, etc.), available now for free at Amazon.com.  I think this is the best and most consistent treatise on how to write without looking like a fucking idiot, and if you haven't read it, I'd like to encourage you to give it a try.  Even if you don't have a Kindle, you'll find that humans have been using written communication for thousands of years, and you illiterate chumps aren't breaking any new ground by embracing slack-jawed ignorance.

Hart's (I think now Oxford Guide or some such naming) or Fowler's is better, in my opinion, but thank you for the Strunk/White one online, which is also a classic (I have some issues with all of them, sometimes.)

think we are already closing in on the gates of Fahrenheit 451 territory

MV/Liberace!

so then, i guess it wasn't your writing skills that held you back.

Quote from: MV on May 02, 2016, 11:56:15 PM
so then, i guess it wasn't your writing skills that held you back.

I'm guessing it was his average blood alcohol level being higher than his GPA.

effluenza

Thank you. I look forward to this.

Daggit

I miss Jackstar's Ex.

Oh yeah wrong thread.

bigchucka

Quote from: Daggit on May 03, 2016, 08:26:09 PM
I miss Jackstar's Ex.

Oh yeah wrong thread.

I was around that night.  Brings back great memories.

Yorkshire pud

I miss Jackstar's Ex.

Oh yeah wrong thread.

She said such lovely and revealing things about him too. Name, address, him introducing her to drugs, his very kindly nature..all of it.

cosmic hobo

Jackstar suffers from the butthurts.

Jackstar

Not having an /ignore function is like not being allowed to have a windshield on the interstate. Fuck the lot of you--fuck you all.

Quote from: cosmic hobo on May 06, 2016, 10:38:08 PM
Jackstar suffers from the butthurts.

I literally don't even know who you even are. DIAF.

paladin1991

I miss Jackstar's Ex.

Oh yeah wrong thread.

Who?  Oh. yeah.  JackStarSex.  She didn't like me. It might have been the comments about her cleavage.

Dr. MD MD

Thanks fer the werd learnin, Mr. Jackstar! You use yer tongue prettier than a $20 whore.  ;)