• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

'Member' option on top selection bar is missing

Started by CornyCrow, April 21, 2016, 08:11:37 AM

CornyCrow

Not that I use it much, but my 'Member' bar has disappeared.  Does anyone else have the problem?  Does anyone know why this happened?  I can live with it gone, but I'm curious.

area51drone

Quote from: Segundus on April 21, 2016, 08:11:37 AM
Not that I use it much, but my 'Member' bar has disappeared.  Does anyone else have the problem?  Does anyone know why this happened?  I can live with it gone, but I'm curious.

It's gone for me too.  What I suspect is that MV is looking for more room to put up ads.  First it's eCigs, next it's hard liquor and later he'll make the final transition to Silk Bellgab.   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on April 21, 2016, 08:28:54 AM
It's gone for me too.  What I suspect is that MV is looking for more room to put up ads.  First it's eCigs, next it's hard liquor and later he'll make the final transition to Silk Bellgab.

a lot of people will disagree, and i get it, but reason 1 is that i view the link as a waste of space in the main menu.  reason 2 is that i don't really think it's necessary anyone be able to view the usernames of every registered user on the forum.  no other modern social networking/community platforms provide that information, so i don't see why bellgab should.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on April 21, 2016, 11:44:10 AM
a lot of people will disagree, and i get it, but reason 1 is that i view the link as a waste of space in the main menu.  reason 2 is that i don't really think it's necessary anyone be able to view the usernames of every registered user on the forum.  no other modern social networking/community platforms provide that information, so i don't see why bellgab should.

What? Since when has BG followed the herd?

Shear MV.

Just my two cents, but I like the members option especially if I want to PM someone who hasn't posted in a while and I'm not sure of the spelling.

zeebo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 21, 2016, 07:05:24 PM
Just my two cents, but I like the members option especially if I want to PM someone who hasn't posted in a while and I'm not sure of the spelling.

Plus sometimes it's fun to browse through the comical names of yore.

area51drone

Agreed.  This isn't facebook, this is bellgab.  I like the userlist.  I could care less about it showing our login info.

As a side note, I saw that the stats aren't visible anymore either.  That kind of sucks.  I enjoyed seeing who used the site the most, which threads were the top, etc.   Did you just move them somewhere else?

WOTR

I need to find "I'm confused" to steal his avatar for one of my posts... And the memberlist is gone.  I need it back, please.

Crush MV!

***FWIW, I really would like to see it back.  There are times when I wonder if somebody like Camazotoz has posted recently or want to look for posts from a member who I really enjoy, but posts rarely... It is a nice option.***

zeebo

Quote from: area51drone on April 22, 2016, 02:26:28 AM
...As a side note, I saw that the stats aren't visible anymore either.  ...

I still have mine for some reason.  But fwiw I've noticed that some of the top 10 poster counts are off.  Probably some db issue after archiving or system update/crash.  Edit: Maybe it has to do with one's online status setting.

WOTR

WooHoo!  My memberlist is back.   :)

Thanks MV!

CornyCrow

Thanks, MV.  My Members and Notify are back.  I appreciate it.

cweb

You could say that, for a while, the top bar was dismembered.

Quote from: cweb on April 24, 2016, 09:15:40 AM
You could say that, for a while, the top bar was dismembered.

Lol

Praise MV! It's a mirable! My members list has returned!