• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

Dr. MD MD

Shit! I was having computer weirdness and missed the first half hour. What did I miss?

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 08, 2016, 08:33:58 PM
Shit! I was having computer weirdness and missed the first half hour. What did I miss?

Just news. Guest is just now on.

Dr. MD MD

Billions and billions!  :D

mikuthing01

you need a free PC check

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: momijithing_awoo on December 08, 2016, 08:41:50 PM
you need a free PC check

I'm on a mac and stuff like this happens once in a blue moon and it's usually my fault.  ;)

Shit!   Mrs. Walks had me tied up with her in a financial seminar.   The free dinner sucked and missed a hunk of the show

Thought this dude was an Astrobiologist?

Was hoping for discussions on what nearby stars might have planets that could support life.   

So we can start thinking about which ET's ass we can go kick first.   That world orbiting Proxima
needs a Walgreens, a CVS, a Chinese Take Out joint and a nail salon.    :P

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 08, 2016, 09:26:42 PM
Thought this dude was an Astrobiologist?

Was hoping for discussions on what nearby stars might have planets that could support life.   

So we can start thinking about which ET's ass we can go kick first.   That world orbiting Proxima
needs a Walgreens, a CVS, a Chinese Take Out joint and a nail saloon.

I'm still holding out for more local cuisine out there. A pangalactic gargleblaster maybe.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

So, long story short: We don't need global diapers. We need to learn to stop shitting ourselves.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Speaking of wiring in the words of the immortal Frank Zappa:

Dumb all over,
Yes we are
Dumb all over,
Near'n far
Dumb all over
Black 'n white
People, we is not wrapped tight.

;)

Dr. MD MD

Amy, what does your guest think about the warning to stay away from Europa in 2010?

( Amy )

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 08, 2016, 10:35:12 PM
Amy, what does your guest think about the warning to stay away from Europa in 2010?

There was a warning?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 08, 2016, 10:35:12 PM

It is too cool to stay away from

Dr. MD MD

Sagan was a daily toker. Don't be going for the low hanging fruit, guys.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Ask him about the 2010 warning before the show ends.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ( Amy ) on December 08, 2016, 10:53:55 PM
Dammit. Sorry!

He's on Twitter, ya know.

I don't tweet. I evolved past that and prefer to communicate in words, complete thoughts, etc. ;)

Good show, anyway!  ;)

PrairieGhost

Thanks for listening everyone!

GravitySucks

Glad to hear a scientist admit that it is probably not ethical to terraform another planet. Unlike the ones that thought nuking our ionosphere would be a cool thing to try.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 08, 2016, 11:03:08 PM
Glad to hear a scientist admit that it is probably not ethical to terraform another planet. Unlike the ones that thought nuking our ionosphere would be a cool thing to try.

Some believe this has already been done on mars to get the ball rolling.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 08, 2016, 11:03:08 PM

I missed the show which means I suck but it won't stop me from commenting anyway.   ;D  I heard a scientist mock the idea of terraforming Mars once, with the idea that we'd have a much better chance of fixing our own planet which was already born awesome and we can't even pull that off.   ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on December 09, 2016, 12:15:24 AM
I missed the show which means I suck but it won't stop me from commenting anyway.   ;D  I heard a scientist mock the idea of terraforming Mars once, with the idea that we'd have a much better chance of fixing our own planet which was already born awesome and we can't even pull that off.   ;)

Your unknown scientist is so right. So sad

PrairieGhost

Show is live! Sorry for being last second on this but I've been busy all day rebuilding show archives and playlists in the software after it corrupted late last night.

https://twitter.com/DeepTalkRadio/status/809216468583903232

Ciardelo

Quote from: PrairieGhost on December 14, 2016, 08:02:10 PM
Show is live! Sorry for being last second on this but I've been busy all day rebuilding show archives and playlists in the software after it corrupted late last night.

Thanks PG, Imma record it because CBS's Survivor Season Finale is on tonight! GenX vs. Millennials.  Snot-nosed milenials are going down!