• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

( Amy )

Updated the show page to include the VICE documentary video:

"In this documentary, VICE meets up with Joe Nickell, a longtime paranormal investigator who's been called the real-life Agent Scully. We travel with him to Roswell, New Mexico, on the anniversary of the famous 1947 UFO crash to talk to believers, skeptics, and UFO witnesses alike to see if the truth is really out there."

http://amyontheradio.com/2016/11/16/thursday-november-17th-joe-nickell-phd-committee-for-skeptical-inquiry/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ( Amy ) on November 16, 2016, 07:16:31 PM
Updated the show page to include the VICE documentary video:

"In this documentary, VICE meets up with Joe Nickell, a longtime paranormal investigator who's been called the real-life Agent Scully. We travel with him to Roswell, New Mexico, on the anniversary of the famous 1947 UFO crash to talk to believers, skeptics, and UFO witnesses alike to see if the truth is really out there."

http://amyontheradio.com/2016/11/16/thursday-november-17th-joe-nickell-phd-committee-for-skeptical-inquiry/

Well, usually a show with skeptics is the same old harangue we already know but this actually sounds interesting. I'm a sucker for Roswell stuff.  ;)

Is it tonight?

( Amy )

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2016, 07:21:25 PM
Well, usually a show with skeptics is the same old harangue we already know but this actually sounds interesting. I'm a sucker for Roswell stuff.  ;)

Is it tonight?

It is indeed.

It'll be good, I promise....and ZERO politics! 8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ( Amy ) on November 16, 2016, 07:23:27 PM
It is indeed.

It'll be good, I promise....and ZERO politics! 8)

Yay!  ;D

I'll be here...or there...no, here.  :D

aldousburbank

Quote from: ( Amy ) on November 16, 2016, 07:23:27 PM
It is indeed.

...and ZERO politics! 8)

The politics of zero is a great subject- I'll be sure to listen!
(Full disclosure, I am pro zero)

The Aztec number system was additiveâ€"the symbols were added together to produce the desired number. The number 0 was not prevalent in this number system. The Aztecs had a conceptual idea of what zero was, but there is no proof that they had a symbol representing it. A symbol for the number 0 played an interesting role in the Aztec culture. As stated earlier, when the Aztecs took over another civilization, they took pieces of its culture as well. In the Olmec civilization, which preceded the Aztecs, the shell represented 0. In the Aztec civilization, the shell represents the number 20. It seems that when the Aztecs took over the Olmec culture, they took the shell to represent the number 20 rather than 0. Following from that example, it would make sense to assume that other symbols were taken from conquered civilizations; however, there is not enough evidence to support it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 16, 2016, 07:43:03 PM
The politics of zero is a great subject- I'll be sure to listen!
(Full disclosure, I am pro zero)

The Aztec number system was additiveâ€"the symbols were added together to produce the desired number. The number 0 was not prevalent in this number system. The Aztecs had a conceptual idea of what zero was, but there is no proof that they had a symbol representing it. A symbol for the number 0 played an interesting role in the Aztec culture. As stated earlier, when the Aztecs took over another civilization, they took pieces of its culture as well. In the Olmec civilization, which preceded the Aztecs, the shell represented 0. In the Aztec civilization, the shell represents the number 20. It seems that when the Aztecs took over the Olmec culture, they took the shell to represent the number 20 rather than 0. Following from that example, it would make sense to assume that other symbols were taken from conquered civilizations; however, there is not enough evidence to support it.

Steve Jobs, instead of wanting to be employee number 1 at Apple chose instead to be employee 0. The man was a true visionary.  ;)

mikuthing01

I will be listening Amy *hugs*

Lurking [doing stuff for work] but listening!

Dr. MD MD

Amy, any links to info on this new tech?  ???

Possible lung tissue too.  ;)

( Amy )

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2016, 08:11:16 PM
Amy, any links to info on this new tech?  ???

Possible lung tissue too.  ;)

'Holy Grail' of gene editing restores blindness; potential for more https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161116144134.htm

Chinese group injects CRISPR edited cells into human test subject for first time
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-11-chinese-group-crispr-cells-human.html

WOTR

I only have a limited time tonight.  So I am going to request that you squeeze all of the good stuff into the next hour or so.

Thanks. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on November 16, 2016, 08:35:53 PM
I only have a limited time tonight.  So I am going to request that you squeeze all of the good stuff into the next hour or so.

Thanks. ;)

You're going to have to gouge your eyes out. No Nazis tonight!  :P

( Amy )

Quote from: WOTR on November 16, 2016, 08:35:53 PM

Thanks. ;)

You won't get a pee break for another hour 2 hours and 3 mins. It's pre-recorded.
Joe has office hours outside of the show.

Dr. MD MD

OSI is the beginning of the CIA, for what it's worth.  ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2016, 08:40:59 PM

OSI is also the middle of posit.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 16, 2016, 08:46:14 PM
You calling me an ass toot?

You saw through my thinly veiled insult. No flies on you!  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2016, 08:40:59 PM

I think you mean the OSS. OSI is the Air Force security investigation arm. The USAF was created in the same act as the CIA in 1947. Navy has NCIS. USAF has the OSI.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 16, 2016, 08:47:35 PM
I think you mean the OSS. OSI is the Air Force security investigation arm. The USAF was created in the same act as the CIA in 1947. Navy has NCIS. USAF has the OSI.

Yep, thanks for gooding my bad, Grav!  :)

mikuthing01

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 16, 2016, 06:14:37 PM
Not a fan of Nickell.  He can suck my pickle.

listened for about 10 minutes and he can suck my pickle too

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2016, 08:37:11 PM
You're going to have to gouge your eyes out. No Nazis tonight!  :P
I would say another few days and it will have run its course.  I am going to have to dig up my old avatar.

WOTR

It was a good show (perhaps you have to have no idea who Nickell is to enjoy it?)  But I need to run.  Enjoyed your consignment store story. That seems about right for most "unexplained" events.

Dr. MD MD

Nah! Baseline conditions, Amy.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Cooper is straight up CIA.  8)

Dr. MD MD

I'm not getting a real Mulder vibe here. This guy's really more a Scully.  ;)