• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 02, 2016, 04:06:43 PM
I know. I saw that. Just wondering if you can provide more info on the guest?

http://textfiles.com/jason/

"My name is Jason Scott. Since I was 9 years old, I have had a fervent love of computers and technology, bounded only by realities of economics and time. From the BBS world of the 80's to the early wonders of the Internet and to the Web and beyond, I've dabbled and dosed myself in whatever hot new computing fads and freakishness this wonderful world could come up with.

As I entered into my late 20's, I realized I had been a part of many great things, and the perspective I had gained since that time gave me ideas. The most potent of these ideas has been to spread the feelings, horrors and astonishments of computing's history to people who came into it late, or never came into it at all.

I wasn't a Big Player in the Turning Points of the last 20 years, but I was a good listener and a good watcher, and I hope that what I do bring to you will both excite and intrigue. If you were there, we'll reminisce together. And if you weren't there, do I have a story to tell you...."

Quote from: Zenman on November 02, 2016, 04:20:50 PM
Lol. JenniCam was definitely an internet benchmark. She rescued many a woeful geek from the curse of loneliness.

Indeed!!!!!!!!!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PrairieGhost on November 02, 2016, 04:57:57 PM
http://textfiles.com/jason/

"My name is Jason Scott. Since I was 9 years old, I have had a fervent love of computers and technology, bounded only by realities of economics and time. From the BBS world of the 80's to the early wonders of the Internet and to the Web and beyond, I've dabbled and dosed myself in whatever hot new computing fads and freakishness this wonderful world could come up with.

As I entered into my late 20's, I realized I had been a part of many great things, and the perspective I had gained since that time gave me ideas. The most potent of these ideas has been to spread the feelings, horrors and astonishments of computing's history to people who came into it late, or never came into it at all.

I wasn't a Big Player in the Turning Points of the last 20 years, but I was a good listener and a good watcher, and I hope that what I do bring to you will both excite and intrigue. If you were there, we'll reminisce together. And if you weren't there, do I have a story to tell you...."

Cool! That's definitely one I'll listen to. I'm hoping he waxes nostalgic for days of the BBS.  :)

Zenman

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 02, 2016, 05:33:37 PM
Indeed!!!!!!!!!

:D

Later JenniCam, I believe. Date on the pic is 1998. I think I remember her being around pre-Windows95?

Quote from: Zenman on November 02, 2016, 07:28:31 PM
:D

Later JenniCam, I believe. Date on the pic is 1998. I think I remember her being around pre-Windows95?

Pretty sure she was strutting her stuff in at least '96.  Not sure when she started that insanity.
What's worst is that means she's probably in 40's by now.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 02, 2016, 07:32:23 PM
Pretty sure she was strutting her stuff in at least '96.  Not sure when she started that insanity.
What's worst is that means she's probably in 40's by now.

I had to look this one up to see what all the hoopla was about.  :D

http://gizmodo.com/jennicam-why-the-first-lifecaster-disappeared-from-the-1697712996

Looking forward to Harrison being a guest on the show tonight!!!!!!!!!

Met him and Chumlee briefly once - Rick was very nice in person.

mikuthing01

1 hour of Rick Harrison? best i can do is 15 minutes...

Zenman

Interesting comments from Steve at the end of Dark City.

I'll be lurking more than posting...............   Damn job.   :P

Zenman

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2016, 07:01:36 PM
I'll be lurking more than posting...............   Damn job.   :P

Ditto. We should move to France. They have more time to post over there.  :P

akwilly

Amy can you ask him whats the best steakhouse in downtown Vegas. also does he like to gamble and if so what is his game of choice

Did I hear Circus Circus?   Kewl

akwilly

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2016, 07:55:02 PM
Did I hear Circus Circus?   Kewl
Ya they have a great Steakhouse there!

bateman

Quote from: Zenman on November 03, 2016, 07:00:58 PM
Interesting comments from Steve at the end of Dark City.

What did I say?

Quote from: bateman on November 03, 2016, 07:59:28 PM
What did I say?

I suspect he was referring the kudos you gave to Rowland for somehow keeping that network going

It was right at the end of the Jim Marrs episode

akwilly

Rick Harrison sounded like a legit nice guy

Quote from: mikuthing01 on November 03, 2016, 08:04:15 PM
Amy has a Chevelle?

She was discussing the desire to turn one into an EV.   Bleech

However, I'm impressed that she even knows what one is!

Quote from: akwilly on November 03, 2016, 07:55:39 PM
Ya they have a great Steakhouse there!

Would not have guessed that.   Somehow Circus Circus always brings this to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmXGVDnPU9o

bateman

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2016, 08:02:58 PM
I suspect he was referring the kudos you gave to Rowland for somehow keeping that network going

It was right at the end of the Jim Marrs episode

I would still say he did an admirable job keeping it together. Art's the one who screwed the pooch.

( Amy )

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2016, 08:08:52 PM
She was discussing the desire to turn one into an EV.   Bleech

However, I'm impressed that she even knows what one is!

I've been working on my own vehicles since I was 17.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2016, 08:08:52 PM
She was discussing the desire to turn one into an EV.   

Absolutely disgusting, at least shes not wanting to do it to a Mopar tho...

Quote from: bateman on November 03, 2016, 08:10:46 PM
I would still say he did an admirable job keeping it together. Art's the one who screwed the pooch.

No argument there.   Can't imagine his return on investment in time is great these days.

Heck, he might be better off stocking Peas down at the Food Lion..............

Quote from: mikuthing01 on November 03, 2016, 08:13:29 PM
Absolutely disgusting, at least shes not wanting to do it to a Mopar tho...

To do that to a Road Runner or a 'Cuda would be a crime against humanity

zeebo

Quote from: akwilly on November 03, 2016, 08:03:57 PM
Rick Harrison sounded like a legit nice guy

I stopped watching his show many years ago when I realized it was mostly fake, but he does know alot about popular culture and history etc so he's interesting to listen to.