• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

mikuthing01

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 22, 2017, 09:37:36 PM
I like Amy but it's the people on the left who are ostracizing people who think differently than they do from their lives. It's childish and I'm pretty sure they'll come to regret it in time. If the mainstream media was vilifying their side of things as intensely as they are the right and Trump you'd better believe they'd be screaming bloody murder right now.

Amy definitely did not respond well to the shit we gave her over Barney Sandals lol. I do feel bad for ribbing on her for rarely showing up for her show though. I thought she was getting paid for doing it but she does it for free so i can see why she said fuck it to dedicating that much of her life to doing a show she didn't get paid for. I am not surprised she does one day a week now she should have done it from the beginning.

Sorry for being mean Amy i love your shows they are educational and really fun to dance to ~desu!

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Σ> on February 22, 2017, 09:18:54 PM
I'm referring to the host of the show, not PG.

No prob, I won't promote it here. Don't want to rock the boat.

aldousburbank

Quote from: batemanâ,,¢ on February 22, 2017, 09:41:40 PM
There's a word for that.

I hate all muthafuckin bigots. And their little dogs too!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PrairieGhost on February 22, 2017, 09:47:12 PM

Then how will we know about her upcoming shows?  :(

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 22, 2017, 09:37:36 PM
I like Amy but it's the people on the left who are ostracizing people who think differently than they do from their lives. It's childish and I'm pretty sure they'll come to regret it in time. If the mainstream media was vilifying their side of things as intensely as they are the right and Trump you'd better believe they'd be screaming bloody murder right now.
They're like pouting little kids who didn't get their way.  Crap, they had eight years of Obama.  Sorry, your turn is over.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 22, 2017, 09:58:27 PM
Then how will we know about her upcoming shows?  :(

The network site on the right.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Σ> on February 22, 2017, 09:16:02 PM
I think it's lame to see people promoting their show here but otherwise having nothing to do with the forum.

Damn straight MV... I agree... Amy never posted on Falkie's thread. .. Bateman takes time to offer George helpful advice .. one professional broadcaster helping another pro

Bellgab comeraderie ..is what makes bellgab special and unique..

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PrairieGhost on February 22, 2017, 09:47:12 PM

I'm not saying for you not to plug it here. I'm just expressing my opinion that it's lame she can't be troubled to do it herself.

Quote from: White Crow on February 22, 2017, 10:04:06 PM
Damn straight MV... I agree... Amy never posted on Falkie's thread. .. Bateman takes time to offer George helpful advice .. one professional broadcaster helping another pro

Bellgab comradeship.. is what makes bellgab special and unique..

Perhaps the lovely and talented Amy could coax Falkie to come back to his thread?   

JesusJuice

Quote from: Σ> on February 22, 2017, 10:09:07 PM
I'm not saying for you not to plug it here. I'm just expressing my opinion that it's lame she can't be troubled to do it herself.

He's gone already.  :(

Lilith

Quote from: Σ> on February 22, 2017, 10:09:07 PM

It take much much more than a pretty avatar, your own show, and your own thread, to make one a REAL bellgabber!

Praise MV!

Quote from: PrairieGhost on February 22, 2017, 11:08:03 PM
I'm not gone. Just busy with some stuff.

Good deal - each day we get closer to March 3rd and the release of The Falkie Tapes

zeebo

Amy's gotten pretty positive support here, so I'm not sure why she'd be reticent to engage with the forum.  Unless of course she's read the Art Bell thread.  In that case she might feel like she's jumped into a snake-pit wearing a Minnie-Mouse-ears hat.   Btw enjoyed the last show, with its space exploration / astrobiology topic, and relevant Trek references.

bateman

Quote from: zeebo on February 23, 2017, 09:42:50 PM
Amy's gotten pretty positive support here, so I'm not sure why she'd be reticent to engage with the forum.  Unless of course she's read the Art Bell Falkie thread.  In that case she might feel like she's jumped into a snake-pit wearing a Minnie-Mouse-ears hat.   Btw enjoyed the last show, with its space exploration / astrobiology topic, and relevant Trek references.

PKaiser

Quote from: zeebo on February 23, 2017, 09:42:50 PM
Amy's gotten pretty positive support here, so I'm not sure why she'd be reticent to engage with the forum.  Unless of course she's read the Art Bell thread.  In that case she might feel like she's jumped into a snake-pit wearing a Minnie-Mouse-ears hat.   Btw enjoyed the last show, with its space exploration / astrobiology topic, and relevant Trek references.

God damn, one never knows where one will see Master Bateman!

Look Zeeb, Amy is just another radio wannabe with a prettier face and more knowledge than the fabulously horrendous Heathen, er, I mean Heather.  She doesn't come here because she is lazy and doesn't have much to say, like most kids her age, and just like MV alluded. And it seems to piss her and her mouthpiece off when she gets criticized for exhorting you all over and over to listen to her then doesn't show up to do her show, something true professionals don't do!

The disappointing thing is she has more talent than the train wreck at MITD! Now I know Mr. Mouthpiece is going to come along and excoriate me for daring to criticize Amy because she has had some health issues but I'm here to tell you from the REAL radio world that is bullshit. I had open heart surgery last March and I could've sat in bed and done a show every goddamned day I was in hospital, so unless she was out cold for months she could've done it, ESPECIALLY after promo-ing it to death before she buggers off! If she can't show up she should pack it in, simple as that. And no, Mr. Mouthpiece, no amount of yelling at me or calling me names is going to change those simple facts.

Dyna-X

Amy seems professional enough when she is on the air, but I wonder how she really sees her show. Is she in radio as a hobby or a profession? Most hobbyists don't have $2,000 boards and a professionally designed website, but that may be part of the fun for her. She's multi-talented.
If this is a hobby to her, then all the absences are excusable, but then we get into Hoagland territory about charging for archives when there are no or very few live shows being added, but then again, there are expenses to be recouped.

Faustina

When you cancel a bunch of shows due to "toe surgery," you have to question whether a host has enough drive to keep to any sort of regular schedule that most listeners expect from radio shows they're going to bother to take the time to listen to. 

aldousburbank

It's all fun and games until someone puts a toe out.

zeebo

I'd be ok in a given month with one show per good toe.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: PKaiser on February 25, 2017, 06:59:11 AM
God damn, one never knows where one will see Master Bateman!

Look Zeeb, Amy is just another radio wannabe with a prettier face and more knowledge than the fabulously horrendous Heathen, er, I mean Heather.  She doesn't come here because she is lazy and doesn't have much to say, like most kids her age, and just like MV alluded. And it seems to piss her and her mouthpiece off when she gets criticized for exhorting you all over and over to listen to her then doesn't show up to do her show, something true professionals don't do!

The disappointing thing is she has more talent than the train wreck at MITD! Now I know Mr. Mouthpiece is going to come along and excoriate me for daring to criticize Amy because she has had some health issues but I'm here to tell you from the REAL radio world that is bullshit. I had open heart surgery last March and I could've sat in bed and done a show every goddamned day I was in hospital, so unless she was out cold for months she could've done it, ESPECIALLY after promo-ing it to death before she buggers off! If she can't show up she should pack it in, simple as that. And no, Mr. Mouthpiece, no amount of yelling at me or calling me names is going to change those simple facts.

If you're talking about me, you're free to think and say what ever you want. I've never been mad at anyone on here. If I couldn't stand being criticized, I wouldn't be on BellGab.

Amy, make my basement great again.

ItsOver

Quote from: rekcuf on February 26, 2017, 01:02:50 AM
Amy, make my basement great again.
Maybe you just need to "get purty" again.

Whom is Amy Martin and why should I care?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 26, 2017, 01:28:37 AM

She's a plucky, curious young gal with her feet on the ground but her head in the stars. However, she had a bad experience with a Nazi last year and after Trump was elected prez she's seeing them coming out of the woodwork everywhere now, even here at Bellgab, of all places. I think the poor dear may be suffering from paranoia due to exhaustion.  ;)

WOTR

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 26, 2017, 01:28:37 AM
Why do you feel that you should care?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 26, 2017, 01:35:05 AM
She's a plucky, curious young gal with her feet on the ground but her head in the stars. However, she had a bad experience with a Nazi last year and after Trump was elected prez she's seeing them coming out of the woodwork everywhere now, even here at Bellgab, of all places. I think the poor dear may be suffering from paranoia due to exhaustion.  ;)

Unstable and mediocre? Not a successful combination to say the least. The poor dear needs to commandeer a coloring book forthwith. She'll be right as rain, I just know it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: deviant aristocrat on February 26, 2017, 01:51:11 AM
Unstable and mediocre? Not a successful combination to say the least. The poor dear needs to commandeer a coloring book forthwith. She'll be right as rain, I just know it.

Unstable...maybe. Mediocre, NEVER! Amy's great at what she does and produces interesting shows that most of us here seem to appreciate. It's just that she used to interact with us here during her shows and now, for some reason, doesn't.  :'(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Σ> on February 26, 2017, 02:25:09 AM
But she has a new AC.

So true and I know I had a hand in spearheading that whole op. I dunno, maybe she just needs a little xanax with her AC to really chill out.  :D