• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast to Coast AM stinks, so let's try to help improve it!

Started by Sarah, April 16, 2016, 05:39:45 AM

Sarah

Coast to Coast AM stinks!

These days I only listen to the guest hosts and almost always avoid George Noory.

So let's try to make it better, hey?

I propose, rather than only making fun of the once awesome show, we try to help too.

So please take a moments to complete this three question survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D7Y8CB9

After a month or two I will bombard every Coast to Coast AM contact email with the results... and I'll post the results here too!

Robert

Unfortunately you supplied your own Nooryism in the form of "Outer body experience" when I'm pretty sure you meant "out-of-body experience".

Sarah

Eh, most people will understand because my "Nooryism " is somewhat accurate... because outer does essentially mean out-of... and if they get upset then they can always demand their money back!

So, did you have a chance to complete the survey?

zeebo

Ok, what the heck, did the survey Sarah.  Good luck, worth a try I suppose.

trostol

Quote from: Sarah on April 16, 2016, 05:39:45 AM

These days I only listen to the guest hosts and almost always avoid George Noory.

I propose, rather than only making fun of the once awesome show, we try to help too.

So please take a moments to complete this three question survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D7Y8CB9

After a month or two I will bombard every Coast to Coast AM contact email with the results... and I'll post the results here too!

your intentions are pure..wholesome..but they won't get rid of Noory

pate

the once awesome show

Your feelings about that show are awesome, please, please, please, and puh-lease provide some audio evidence of how awesome it was for you?

I will speak only for myself, but I need some sort of verifiable evidence of how awesome your champion is before I can make a final decision in this case...

Here's a fun video to help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXz6eMCj2k

ediot: I may or may not reply, yor case has no merit.  That is all.  Please appeal, I'll give you a succinct short rejection reply, 'cuz that's how I roll, and money...

Robert

Quote from: Sarah on April 16, 2016, 09:23:00 AMEh, most people will understand because my "Nooryism " is somewhat accurate... because outer does essentially mean out-of... and if they get upset then they can always demand their money back!

So, did you have a chance to complete the survey?
Sure.

I love it - UFOs and Extra Terrestrials at the top of the favorites, glad to know there are still listeners out there like me. I expressed my scathing George Noory opinions for all the good it will do.

Zetaspeak

The results are pretty cool. Seems to be a lot of agreement on here.

Top of the list so fare seem to be UFO's, aliens and ghost haunting. So far anything in the Top 10 seems to be fine type of shows. Something this list shows is that there is enough "good topics" on there that is still listenable to last for a while without add the crappy topics every other day. He could probably get away more saving the crap topics for something monthly or so.

Also the bottom (worst of list) I agree fully. The most negative votes (or should I say bottom 10) of this list I agree with it. It shows  you that there's not a lot of debate on it. There is just topic on his Rolodex of guests that just doesn't appeal to anybody (looking the this survey, site and even if u loo at twitter reaction) but he still goes to it every other day.

Something I think could help the show is if Noory takes a 3-week vacation a couple of times a year. It's not even an anti-Noory comment. But every host on radio takes a vacation. I guess he's probably paranoid that somebody coming in for a long stretch might impress so much that he gets replaced. But that's no way to host a radio show. He should be confident enough to take a few weeks off an come back hopefully more refreshed. I think a problem with Noory's Coast is that it's become so damn repetitive having a break of Noory and a substitute host doing his own thing once in a while would freshen things up and when Noory comes back, hopefully he would get new ideas, and he wouldn't seem to dull and repetitive.

karameh1

Sarah you're an angel (not necessarily a reflection of my survey answer one way or another).  Wonderful, positive and refreshing to see that someone out there is digging for the root of evil instead of just striking at the branches. Hopefully, some good will come out of this . . .

henge0stone

Compared to the Art Bell days C2C Am is crap but compared to every other thing on the radio its still one of the more entertaining shows. Its still the only mainstream terrestrial radio paranormal show which is why it keeps its audience. 

Sarah, I answered you survey.

====================================
'Allo!
with you yet i am.
convinced am i that coast will not change for the better without an aggressive break-up of ihate-kklear-chunnell monopoly.
Plus,Mr.hidden hand behind c2c is whacked off.
possibly,an psychic-kkrowley-magickal attack on the money-men and puppeteers that pull the show's marketing strings could kick it over.
follow the yellow-brick(gold)road and obliterate the money men that power the monopoly behind the ihate monopoly.
Mr.N.is but an symptom of contempt for us little men-wemon.
More,Anon.
"B_B"
PS:No Logo:
[7VF]

Who

It's beyond hope.  Fire Noory and play four hours of Abba every night as a tribute to Art Bell.

ItsOver

I can see it now.  PremRat gets the survey results and goes "What have we been thinking?  Noory you're fired!"  Then they hire someone named Heather Wade.

ufogadfly

Sarah, the problem is (or as S. Quayle would say, "the problem is, is...") that the focus of your well-intentioned survey, i.e. guests and topics, is not the primary shortcoming of the show. The major problem is the mediocre intellectual and verbal skills of the host, and he doesn't seem to think he needs any improvement. I still marvel at how C2C's parent company can't see the flaws. Or maybe they do but he works cheap, so...

ufogadfly

P.S. The show DOES have way too many segments on health and the economy.

mikuthing01

Quote from: ItsOver on June 26, 2016, 05:33:01 PM
I can see it now.  PremRat gets the survey results and goes "What have we been thinking?  Noory you're fired!"  Then they hire someone named Girl Noory.

Fixed

Quote from: ufogadfly on June 28, 2016, 01:44:40 PM
... The major problem is the mediocre intellectual and verbal skills of the host...

I think at this point I'd happily settle for mediocre

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 28, 2016, 08:00:15 PM
I think at this point I'd happily settle for mediocre

At this point I'm ok with mediocre-sucky.

bsbishop

Quote from: henge0stone on May 27, 2016, 07:02:59 AM
Compared to the Art Bell days C2C Am is crap but compared to every other thing on the radio its still one of the more entertaining shows. Its still the only mainstream terrestrial radio paranormal show which is why it keeps its audience.

I disagree.

I think Dave Schrader & Darkness Radio are fun and entertaining (and not idiotic like C2CAM).

There's also Jim Harold who does podcasts but I think could be on the radio if he wanted. He has the voice and demeanor for it.

I suppose if you like conspiracy theories then Alex Jones is king.

There are a lot of crap podcasts, though.

Micah Hanks ("The Gralien Report") isn't terrible.. The problem is that the first 45min is over-explaining his thoughts/positions on whatever topic. This is every podcast.

C2CAM, I'd argue, just happens to be on the radio but ranks amongst the worst if you were to put it in with other random UFO/Ghosts/Demons podcasts. I don't even think it'd rank because it's crystals/spirituality/numbers lady/nonsense now.

Sooooo... speaking of, who's reading "Night Talk"?

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/george-s-novel-night-talk-debuts

I'd offer a bounty to the first Bellgabber to finish it, but I could see that prize sitting parked for YEARS.