• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are you listening to now?

Started by The Alcoholic, April 13, 2016, 09:36:00 AM

albrecht

An old Dark Weekend City popped up on my soundcloud. The AI's at work. I forgot how good Steve was and laughed when I thought how he was lucky, or made good decision, to avoid the hot mess and people that  came from the ex-Art radio shows!!  Come back Bateman and put out some new material.  Or not, but good luck in whatever endeavor Steve. Had some good shows and you avoided the craziness for the most part.

https://soundcloud.com/darkcityfm

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2019, 06:42:15 PM
An old Dark Weekend City popped up on my soundcloud. The AI's at work. I forgot how good Steve was and laughed when I thought how he was lucky, or made good decision, to avoid the hot mess and people that  came from the ex-Art radio shows!!  Come back Bateman and put out some new material.  Or not, but good luck in whatever endeavor Steve. Had some good shows and you avoided the craziness for the most part.

https://soundcloud.com/darkcityfm

Bateman's appearance with Heather Wade on The GabCast certainly provided the forum with years of catchphrases and memories, didn't it?

#RattleYourCage

Heather called in to the GC that night with a specific purpose in mind.  She was annoyed by numerous comments Bateman (Steve Werner) had posted on the forum, which she perceived to be slights.  She wanted to go on the GC and talk about it, but she wanted my opinion as to whether she should.  We talked for about an hour and OF COURSE I told her she should go on the GC and let it rip (heh heh), but I told her she'd need to individually list Bateman's offending posts if she's going to publicly air the grievance.  She went on the GC but didn't follow my other advice to specifically list his posts.  It's one of the things that made her come off sounding like a crazy woman punching into the air at a phantom nobody else can see.

But why did she expect loyalty from Steve, anyway?  Hearing what he had to say about her prior behavior with him, I think he displayed an admirable amount of restraint toward her on this forum.
He could have burned her so much more soundly than he ever did.

That GabCast episode marked one of the first times her mental instability was revealed to the general public.  It was right there in the store front window for all to see. 

Art Bell dutifully listened to every second of that show as it happened.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on January 11, 2019, 10:40:38 PM
Bateman's appearance with Heather Wade on The GabCast certainly provided the forum with years of catchphrases and memories, didn't it?

#RattleYourCage

Heather called in to the GC that night with a specific purpose in mind.  She was annoyed by numerous comments Bateman (Steve Werner) had posted on the forum, which she perceived to be slights.  She wanted to go on the GC and talk about it, but she wanted my opinion as to whether she should.  We talked for about an hour and OF COURSE I told her she should go on the GC and let it rip (heh heh), but I told her she'd need to individually list Bateman's offending posts if she's going to publicly air the grievance.  She went on the GC but didn't follow my other advice to specifically list his posts.  It's one of the things that made her come off sounding like a crazy woman punching into the air at a phantom nobody else can see.

But why did she expect loyalty from Steve, anyway?  Hearing what he had to say about her prior behavior with him, I think he displayed an admirable amount of restraint toward her on this forum.

That GabCast episode marked one of the first times her mental instability was revealed to the general public.  It was right there in the store front window for all to see. 

Praise.

Yep, yep, and yep. And sad.

Quote from: Liberace! on January 11, 2019, 10:40:38 PM

#RattleYourCage

that drama was fuckin' classic, my sir.

Going to listen to the Astonishing Legends boys discuss the Betz Sphere - what ever that is!

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2019/01/13/ep-130-the-betz-sphere-part-1

Update:  Not sure how they are going to to three 2-hour shows on a metal ball.    ::)

albrecht

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/opinion/what-these-grammy-songs-tell-us-about-the-loudness-wars.html 

I recall a decade- or more ago- a drunken conversation with a friend who had a recording studio about this. I was bitching about so much multi-track and recordings that were "fake" (my claim) because band weren't playing at same time etc and then rants about analog versus digital and CDs and he countered with "we can do much better" and was showing me about the manipulation. Then, more recently, , though years ago, I heard Mustaine talking on Alex's show about how he can remix on his laptop even now which is awesome but, as he mentioned, is sorta scary.

Metron2267

Man I dig electronica, but that one was way out there! 8)