• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Ted Cruz

Started by Auslandia, February 09, 2016, 01:59:47 PM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Teh PeNgu1n oF dOOm on May 04, 2016, 08:04:48 PM
Watching the news I really think Child Protective Services should make a safety check on the children of Ted and Heidi Cruz.  You know Ted Cruz is sitting there with a belt in his hand watching his young children like a hawk, just waiting for them to mess up so he can beat them and assault them in order for Ted Cruz to feel like a big man.
That's uncalled for.  A reference to spanking his kids if they're disrespectful doesn't make him a kid-beater.  But he's still a creep.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Teh PeNgu1n oF dOOm on May 04, 2016, 08:04:48 PM
Watching the news I really think Child Protective Services should make a safety check on the children of Ted and Heidi Cruz.  You know Ted Cruz is sitting there with a belt in his hand watching his young children like a hawk, just waiting for them to mess up so he can beat them and assault them in order for Ted Cruz to feel like a big man.

heh heh, jeez.  that sure painted a scene.

The Daily Show featured a segment where Cruz was told, "You look like a fish monster... And you're a terrible person!".     What a weird blow to a colossal ego.

VtaGeezer

I think Cruz faded too abruptly.  His surrender was way out of character.  I think he's got something cooking. A last ditch assault on the nomination in Cleveland?  3rd Party run? Has he some arcane GOP rule in his pocket that would give him leverage?   I don't believe he simply turned 180 degrees in 12 hours.  He still had $10M in his war chest.  If I were Trump, I'd keep an eye on this devious guy.

I watched the Senator give this speech last Summer and I instantly became a Cruz fan. The true conservative, anti-establishment choice. A man who`s balls might just be as big as his brain. God speed, Ted. You`re still the man! #NeverTrump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTDDr124eg

starrmtn001

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 07, 2016, 01:12:47 PM
I watched the Senator give this speech last Summer and I instantly became a Cruz fan. The true conservative, anti-establishment choice. A man who`s balls might just be as big as his brain. God speed, Ted. You`re still the man! #NeverTrump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTDDr124eg

Parody.  I love it! ;D

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 07, 2016, 01:12:47 PM
I watched the Senator give this speech last Summer and I instantly became a Cruz fan. The true conservative, anti-establishment choice.

"True conservative anti-establishment." That's a good one.  Except for less than year with a private firm after finishing his clerkship, the creep's been on the political tit since he got his law license.  His wife was a Bush/neocon economic staffer.  As anti-establishment as Cheney.  When did conservatives morph into troglodytes?  Seems that "conservative" was hijacked by the post-Bircher cranks when talk radio replaced thought.

Glad your OK.  Good thing the relatives came and collected all your guns and blades when the Anointed One cratered, eh? 

That was waaay harsh, VTA.  I'm no Cruz fan (find him repellent), but FtF does recognize a Trumptastrophe when he sees it.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 07, 2016, 02:06:01 PM
That was waaay harsh, VTA.  I'm no Cruz fan (find him repellent), but FtF does recognize a Trumptastrophe when he sees it.

Yeah, but VTAGeezer's got a point, West.  Cruz, (and all repellent conservatives), have stressed their conservative virtue and purity at the expense of their electorate.  The unmitigated arrogance of conservatives to believe that the GOP primary was, is, and ever shall be about distilling the "truest conservative" was so colossally tone deaf they missed the roaring populist hurricane that is our own Donald J. They have slurred (and continue to slur) "populism" as some pastime of the vacuous masses when it is the driving force in the two major party campaigns.  Their elitism reeks as does the shore during the lowest of tides.   

Perhaps if they want to determine who is the most "pure conservative of all" they should hire Trump to put on a Fugly Pageant to see whose soul is most devoid of compassion and empathy and whose character is most overwrought with contempt and selfishness.  2 to 1 on Scott Walker over Lucifer Cruz...

VtaGeezer

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 07, 2016, 02:06:01 PM
Yeah...I'm sorry; wouldn't want BG to get a rep for being harsh.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 02:41:01 PM
Yeah, but VTAGeezer's got a point, West.  Cruz, (and all repellent conservatives), have stressed their conservative virtue and purity at the expense of their electorate.  The unmitigated arrogance of conservatives to believe that the GOP primary was, is, and ever shall be about distilling the "truest conservative" was so colossally tone deaf they missed the roaring populist hurricane that is our own Donald J. They have slurred (and continue to slur) "populism" as some pastime of the vacuous masses when it is the driving force in the two major party campaigns.  Their elitism reeks as does the shore during the lowest of tides.   

Perhaps if they want to determine who is the most "pure conservative of all" they should hire Trump to put on a Fugly Pageant to see whose soul is most devoid of compassion and empathy and whose character is most overwrought with contempt and selfishness.  2 to 1 on Scott Walker over Lucifer Cruz...

That is a bunch of bullshit.  How dare you say conservatives are devoid of compassion and empathy! >:(  I have a big heart and I want the best for everybody.  I simply don't believe a massive federal government is the tool needed to help people.  It wastes too much of the people's tax dollars.  Leave it to the states and local governments where less bureaucracy is involved.  I also believe in total freedom to live our own lives as we see fit.  No government intervening in our private lives in any shape, matter, or form unless our actions harm other people.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 07, 2016, 02:58:27 PM
That is a bunch of bullshit.  How dare you say conservatives are devoid of compassion and empathy! >:(  I have a big heart and I want the best for everybody.  I simply don't believe a massive federal government is the tool needed to help people.  It wastes too much of the people's tax dollars.  Leave it to the states and local governments where less bureaucracy is involved.

Spare me your umbrage and sanctimony.  Conservatism can be summed up in three words: "I. Me. Mine." The very fact that you had to immediately qualify your "compassion" with a denunciation of "massive federal government" is testament to the antipathy you and your fellow cons truly feel toward your fellow human. 
Why would you oppose a government of the people, by the people, for the people?  Oh, yes, that's right, because you despise the people.

Leave nothing to the local states who are too easily corrupted by the influence of wealth over the political process.  Local governments should be the barest of functionaries; the best way to protect our rights is a strong national government chosen by the people of this country.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 03:03:43 PM
Spare me your umbrage and sanctimony.  Conservatism can be summed up in three words: "I. Me. Mine." The very fact that you had to immediately qualify your "compassion" with a denunciation of "massive federal government" is testament to the antipathy you and your fellow cons truly feel toward your fellow human. 
Why would you oppose a government of the people, by the people, for the people?  Oh, yes, that's right, because you despise the people.

Leave nothing to the local states who are too easily corrupted by the influence of wealth over the political process.  Local governments should be the barest of functionaries; the best way to protect our rights is a strong national government chosen by the people of this country.

You want to live with your false stereotype, then so be it, however that is your opinion and your opinion alone.  I completely disagree with you.  I'm tired of people like you telling us that the federal government knows whats best for the people.  The government is supposed to represent the interests of We the People and it hasn't for decades. I would never tell you what you should believe. I'm all for the diversity of opinion but I resent how you characterize those of us who don't think like you.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 07, 2016, 03:10:36 PM
I'm tired of people telling us that the federal government knows whats best for the people.  The government is supposed to represent the interests of We the People and it hasn't for decades. I would never tell you what you should believe. I'm all for the diversity of opinion but I resent how you characterize those of us who don't think like you.
+1 !!!

NowhereInTime

You want to live with your false stereotype, then so be it, however that is your opinion and your opinion alone.  I completely disagree with you.  I'm tired of people like you telling us that the federal government knows whats best for the people.  The government is supposed to represent the interests of We the People and it hasn't for decades. I would never tell you what you should believe. I'm all for the diversity of opinion but I resent how you characterize those of us who don't think like you.

I resent the unctuous nature of conservatives in general who consistently present themselves as the most politically principled citizens of the country.  I'm tired of people like you framing my political beliefs as "the federal government knows what's best for the people"; I truly believe there is too much federal government, but I damn well guarantee you and I disagree where the cutting needs to be done.

I am outraged when I see some con unwilling to negotiate (like your man Cruz) because of the sanctity of his "principles".  I am tired of the paternalistic condescension (like "libtard" or the constant refrain of "liberalism is a mental disorder") that dehumanizes people who oppose your politics.  How is this "representing the interests of We the People"?  Notice you said "for decades"?  I agree, about three and a half of them, now.  I am frustrated at the economic devastation caused by Supply Side economics and the never-ending pervasive wealth transfer from everyone else to the rich initiated and augmented by conservative "free market" horseshit dogma and tax policy.

There is nothing false in my stereotype: there is absolutely no proof you or any conservative can provide that qualifies anything in your political beliefs (or political actions) as "compassion" or "empathy" .  Conservatism is by its very nature an exclusive philosophy.  Voting rights?  Strike 'em down.  Allegations of voter fraud?  They may be bullshit, but's let's work like hell to create voter ID laws while simultaneously closing down access to ID centers.  Money is speech?  No one aside from a conservative believes this.  The SCOTUS only supported this 5-4 and only then with its' conservative core leading that charge for "freedom".

Conservatism preaches "limited government" yet passes restroom laws and has its standard bearer publicly accusing people of wanting "Men to go to the bathroom with little girls" (and don't you dare pretend you don't know it was your boy Lucifer who did this) as its counter argument.  Disgusting in its dishonesty on so many levels, yet this is classic conservatism; government sucks until we want to alienate and exclude people.

I, too, welcome diversity of opinion, as long as it can be made a)without contrasting yourself against others and b) offers a genuine solution to a problem rather than trying to jerk us off with the "invisible hand".

NowhereInTime

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 07, 2016, 03:14:16 PM
+1 !!!

+ nothing.  Conservatism is a pseudo-intellectual rationalization of selfishness.  Hell, you even define yourselves as acting in your "self-interest". 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 03:26:21 PM
I resent the unctuous nature of conservatives in general who consistently present themselves as the most politically principled citizens of the country.  I'm tired of people like you framing my political beliefs as "the federal government knows what's best for the people"; I truly believe there is too much federal government, but I damn well guarantee you and I disagree where the cutting needs to be done.

I am outraged when I see some con unwilling to negotiate (like your man Cruz) because of the sanctity of his "principles".  I am tired of the paternalistic condescension (like "libtard" or the constant refrain of "liberalism is a mental disorder") that dehumanizes people who oppose your politics.  How is this "representing the interests of We the People"?  Notice you said "for decades"?  I agree, about three and a half of them, now.  I am frustrated at the economic devastation caused by Supply Side economics and the never-ending pervasive wealth transfer from everyone else to the rich initiated and augmented by conservative "free market" horseshit dogma and tax policy.

There is nothing false in my stereotype: there is absolutely no proof you or any conservative can provide that qualifies anything in your political beliefs (or political actions) as "compassion" or "empathy" .  Conservatism is by its very nature an exclusive philosophy.  Voting rights?  Strike 'em down.  Allegations of voter fraud?  They may be bullshit, but's let's work like hell to create voter ID laws while simultaneously closing down access to ID centers.  Money is speech?  No one aside from a conservative believes this.  The SCOTUS only supported this 5-4 and only then with its' conservative core leading that charge for "freedom".

Conservatism preaches "limited government" yet passes restroom laws and has its standard bearer publicly accusing people of wanting "Men to go to the bathroom with little girls" (and don't you dare pretend you don't know it was your boy Lucifer who did this) as its counter argument.  Disgusting in its dishonesty on so many levels, yet this is classic conservatism; government sucks until we want to alienate and exclude people.

I, too, welcome diversity of opinion, as long as it can be made a)without contrasting yourself against others and b) offers a genuine solution to a problem rather than trying to jerk us off with the "invisible hand".

See?  This exchange is why Trump has taken the country by storm.  Instead all the high dudgeon; he'd express the same sentiments with simple but clear "F*ck off".

NowhereInTime

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 07, 2016, 03:33:42 PM
See?  This exchange is why Trump has taken the country by storm.  Instead all the high dudgeon; he'd express the same sentiments with simple but clear "F*ck off".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4--cG8h52Ps

;D ;D ;D

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 03:26:21 PM

I'll respond to your babble later, Lord Nowhere.  I'm going out for a night on the town with my wife.  When I get back, this piece of rabble will respond.  Someone needs to speak up for the serfs in your kingdom, my lord.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 07, 2016, 03:58:25 PM
I'll respond to your babble later, Lord Nowhere.

Condescending paternalistic snark? Sterotypical

QuoteI'm going out for a night on the town with my wife.

I'm sure she's thrilled. Two passes through the Sizzler salad bar then off to a screening of "The Fountainhead" at the local Rotary Club with a video Q&A afterward featuring Alan Greenspan.  You romantic, you.

QuoteWhen I get back, this piece of rabble will respond.  Someone needs to speak up for the serfs in your kingdom, my lord.

Speaking of "my lord", my lord its the ultimate in contrivance and conceit when exlusionary elitists like you play at being the "common man".

Given your responses so far, my insomnia cannot wait for your curative further discourse.

starrmtn001

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 03:29:38 PM
+ nothing.  Conservatism is a pseudo-intellectual rationalization of selfishness.  Hell, you even define yourselves as acting in your "self-interest".
Wouldn't my being an Independent make me a moderate?  You must be confusing me with someone else.

starrmtn001

+ Infinity.

GravitySucks

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 03:03:43 PM

Then you should move to a country that has a government like that. That is the antithesis of what our Constitution is based on.

136 or 142

The government is supposed to represent the interests of We the People and it hasn't for decades.

If by that you mean that the United States has become an oligarchy I agree with you.  However it was 'We the People' (not me personally of course, being Canadian) who voted in the politicians who voted for laws that allowed the U.S to become an oligarchy and, where they didn't, voted for politicians who appointed Supreme Court Judges who struck down laws designed to prevent the United States from becoming an oligarchy.

So, "We the People" are to blame for what has happened.

If that's not what you are referring to, then what you wrote makes no sense as every politician elected to office has done so with at least the plurality of votes (except for George W Bush in 2000) so, since nearly all these politicians have been reelected, how can you say they aren't representing the interests of their constituents (their people.) 

NowhereInTime

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 07, 2016, 07:22:02 PM
Then you should move to a country that has a government like that. That is the antithesis of what our Constitution is based on.

First, wrong.  The Constitution isn't a guarantor of greed and selfishness, much as conservatives would like it to be.  Second, I'd rather stay here and continue to make this country, that I love and cherish, the paragon of justice, peace and virtue that it should be.  Your patron saint often referred to this nation as the "shining city on the hill"; was he only referring to the glint off the piles of lucre you and yours had stashed away?  As much as I despise the cynicism of the man, I think not. 

The Constitution says I can do that, too.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 07, 2016, 05:35:58 PM
Wouldn't my being an Independent make me a moderate?  You must be confusing me with someone else.

First, unless you are admitting to membership in the Independence Party, you are not an "independent" as the MSM so lazily asserts, you are "unaffiliated", which is too linguistically challenging for pigs like David Gregory and Chuck Todd.

Second, I applaud the unaffiliated and their right to vote in primaries (though not caucuses, as they are paid for by the parties themselves, usually). As this election cycle has proven, unaffiliated voters can choose the democratic socialism of Bernie Sanders or the nationalism of Donald Trump, as well as anywhere on the political spectrum they so desire. 

I do not, however,  see how you inferred your membership in the Independence Party qualifies you as "moderate".

NowhereInTime

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 07, 2016, 05:36:50 PM
+ Infinity.

+ I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?  Dammit, I promised myself I wouldn't go right here...

DanTSX

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 03:29:38 PM

It is funny to see you use that word without irony.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 05:29:02 PM

Speaking of "my lord", my lord its the ultimate in contrivance and conceit when exlusionary elitists like you play at being the "common man".

Given your responses so far, my insomnia cannot wait for your curative further discourse.

First off, it is exclusionary.  However, I will put this down as a typo mistake although I wouldn't be surprised if our public education system failed you and you didn't know how to spell the word.  As for me being an elitist, you couldn't be further from the truth.  I'm a nobody with no power whatsoever save for the power over my own life.  Yes, indeed, I am part of the common man.  However, you with your arrogance, sanctimony and ego are typical of the elite.  You have all of the answers and fuck everyone else who doesn't share your opinions.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 07, 2016, 07:29:59 PM
If by that you mean that the United States has become an oligarchy I agree with you.  However it was 'We the People' (not me personally of course, being Canadian) who voted in the politicians who voted for laws that allowed the U.S to become an oligarchy and, where they didn't, voted for politicians who appointed Supreme Court Judges who struck down laws designed to prevent the United States from becoming an oligarchy.

So, "We the People" are to blame for what has happened.

If that's not what you are referring to, then what you wrote makes no sense as every politician elected to office has done so with at least the plurality of votes (except for George W Bush in 2000) so, since nearly all these politicians have been reelected, how can you say they aren't representing the interests of their constituents (their people.)

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you on this point.  The people are not blameless in allowing this oligarchy, as you call it, to flourish.  We elected these bastards to office thinking they would serve the people and their interests. Instead they serve the Chamber of Commerce and other corporate elites. However, the people have finally waken up and chosen to engage in battle with the oligarchs.  I think their faith in Donald Trump is misplaced but I could be wrong.