• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Smiley Face Killers, 411 disappearance or just bad luck?

Started by Inglorious Bitch, January 26, 2016, 08:38:46 PM

I saw this story today and it gave me the creeps. On the surface, it seemed that some man went missing during the blizzard last weekend in the Northeast. It's sad, but it happens. But upon reading the article, it turns out that he disappeared after leaving a bar. This did not seem to have anything to do with the weather. The man was not said to be drunk and lived up the street. Then his body is found in the river. Same MO as so many other missing young men.

http://abc7ny.com/news/body-of-hoboken-man-who-disappeared-during-blizzard-found-in-river/1174207/

A few hours later, his body was found in the Hudson River off Newark Street in Hoboken. His body was about 50 feet in from the shore. Police said that while officers were searching the area late Monday night, they found Genovese's wallet and keys sticking out from the snow near Pier A.

Police said there are no signs of foul play.

Genovese was last seen by three friends Saturday leaving McSwiggan's Pub of Hoboken at First and Bloomfield Avenue between 10:30 and 11:30 p.m. He said he was going home, a 10-minute walk up the street. A worker at the bar said Genovese did not appear to be intoxicated when he left.

trostol

we had one of these here in Philly

also..isnt Genovese a mobster family name

akwilly

How could weather not have been a factor if his keys and wallet were in the snow? Also he left a bar maybe someone slipped something in his drink. Maybe the toxicology tests will solve this case

Quote from: trostol on January 26, 2016, 08:46:51 PM
we had one of these here in Philly

also..isnt Genovese a mobster family name

Genovese is a mob family name, but not everyone with that name is connected, I'm sure. What's creepy is that it matches what David Pulides and that lady Ian Punnet interviewed said about all those mysterious deaths. It's always young men who leave a bar, are not noticeably drunk and end up in a river.

Quote from: akwilly on January 26, 2016, 08:49:12 PM
How could weather not have been a factor if his keys and wallet were in the snow? Also he left a bar maybe someone slipped something in his drink. Maybe the toxicology tests will solve this case

Why would his keys even be in the snow? You would think that they would be in his pocket. Also, if he was going home up the block, how did he wind up by the river? Even if he was killed? Although allegedly no evidence of foul play was found, if you go by the article.

akwilly

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 08:50:45 PM
Why would his keys even be in the snow? You would think that they would be in his pocket. Also, if he was going home up the block, how did he wind up by the river? Even if he was killed? Although allegedly no evidence of foul play was found, if you go by the article.
thanks I freaking love these type of mystery's. We have had 3 people go missing here in the last year. Thats allot considering the population of this island. Oddly one of the guys was last seen leaving a bar

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 08:49:13 PM
Genovese is a mob family name, but not everyone with that name is connected, I'm sure. What's creepy is that it matches what David Pulides and that lady Ian Punnet interviewed said about all those mysterious deaths. It's always young men who leave a bar, are not noticeably drunk and end up in a river.

A year or so ago there was a young man who disappeared under similar circumstances in Cincinnati, a city right on the Ohio River.  Just about the time the media posed a possible connection to the other killings, the young man's body was found in an abandoned building where he had hung himself. 

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 08:49:13 PM

If a guy lives up the street from a bar and leaves the bar "not drunk", he's the bookie.

Quote from: akwilly on January 26, 2016, 08:55:14 PM
thanks I freaking love these type of mystery's. We have had 3 people go missing here in the last year. Thats allot considering the population of this island. Oddly one of the guys was last seen leaving a bar

If he had been mugged, the wallet and keys would be gone. If it were a "hit", he would have been shot. If he had been drunk, I would say that he went to the river and fell in. It's always young guys and the same MO. Creepy. Did the 3 deaths by you have the same circumstances?

akwilly

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 08:57:27 PM
If he had been mugged, the wallet and keys would be gone. If it were a "hit", he would have been shot. If he had been drunk, I would say that he went to the river and fell in. It's always young guys and the same MO. Creepy. Did the 3 deaths by you have the same circumstances?
no body's found yet

Quote from: akwilly on January 26, 2016, 09:03:13 PM
no body's found yet

Like the one in Philly that trostol just posted about. If their bodies are found in a river, you'll know it's whatever this creepy phenomenon is.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 08:50:45 PM
I wonder if  Kristi Piehl is still on the case? I think it looks very similar to the other killing.

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 26, 2016, 09:05:24 PM
I wonder if  Kristi Piehl is still on the case? I think it looks very similar to the other killing.

That's her name! She was the one interviewed by Ian, right?

trostol

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 09:03:31 PM
It sounds like he hasn't been found yet. I hope he turns up OK.  :-\

he was..this was from 2014...but sounds exactly the same sort of story

Ciardelo

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 09:06:10 PM
That's her name! She was the one interviewed by Ian, right?
Friday - April 25, 2008 ;)

Either I've got a great memory or I have a Coast insider subscription... Only my hairdresser knows for sure.

Plus I think Ian rocks.

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 26, 2016, 09:13:46 PM
Friday - April 25, 2008 ;)

Either I've got a great memory or I have a Coast insider subscription... Only my hairdresser knows for sure.

Plus I think Ian rocks.

:D

Me, too. I wish he would come back and do a radio show or podcast. I always found Ian to be funny and charming, but I know that he is not everyone's cup of tea.

Quote from: trostol on January 26, 2016, 09:08:35 PM
he was..this was from 2014...but sounds exactly the same sort of story

Where was he? Or was this one of those times that the missing person returns, but can't remember anything?

trostol

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 09:16:57 PM
Where was he? Or was this one of those times that the missing person returns, but can't remember anything?

no he died..in the canal along the area where the bars are it was/still is a bit strange

http://articles.philly.com/2015-01-05/news/57668768_1_kevin-verbrugghe-karen-montgomery-divers

chefist

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 08:38:46 PM

Police said there are no signs of foul play.

The man threw his keys and wallet into the snow bank before he flung himself into the river? Possible? Yes...Likely? Not in my opinion...We have to get to the point where we understand that there is pure evil in the world, they walk on two legs...they know how to kill and disguise such an act...and there are times law enforcement does not or will not pursue such cases...

akwilly

Quote from: chefist on January 26, 2016, 09:34:15 PM
The man threw his keys and wallet into the snow bank before he flung himself into the river? Possible? Yes...Likely? Not in my opinion...We have to get to the point where we understand that there is pure evil in the world, they walk on two legs...they know how to kill and disguise such an act...and there are times law enforcement does not or will not pursue such cases...
pure evil could also be this guy killing himself if he left behind a loving family

chefist

Quote from: akwilly on January 26, 2016, 09:36:10 PM
pure evil could also be this guy killing himself if he left behind a loving family

True...I agree that is another form of evil...I just get the feeling there are sociopaths that never get caught...

Genovese’s home is just a 10-minute walk from the bar, and his friends say he did it regularly.  Genovese was last seen wearing a gray Fordham T-shirt with Maroon text beneath a red/orange/gray flannel, tan khaki pants and tan Timberland boots.

Genovese, whose family is from the Bronx, worked on Wall Street and graduated from Fordham University.

On one of the Ian Punnet shows, there was another Fordham University university student that was speculated to be a victim of the smiley face killers oddly enough.

Quote from: chefist on January 26, 2016, 09:40:11 PM
True...I agree that is another form of evil...I just get the feeling there are sociopaths that never get caught...

But with all the 411 disappearances and Smiley Face Killings? That's thousands of disappearances and deaths all with the same type of description and no one has ever gotten caught.

The impassioned investigation began with the discovery of Patrick McNeill's body in 1997 in the waters off a Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, pier. McNeill, 20, of Westchester, was a promising Fordham student who disappeared after stumbling drunk out of an upper East Side bar. His body was found months later, and his death was ruled an accidental drowning.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ex-nypd-cops-smiley-face-link-40-deaths-serial-killer-syndicate-article-1.278219

Same MO, kid even looks similar.

chefist

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 26, 2016, 09:43:21 PM
But with all the 411 disappearances and Smiley Face Killings? That's thousands of disappearances and deaths all with the same type of description and no one has ever gotten caught.

There are very real and sensitive topics like this to analyze...I hope Steve does on his show...finding someone to honestly speak of them, that is a different story...

akwilly

I have been lost in the woods and got hypothermia. I ended up in a river and didn't have many cloths on when I was found. I didn't realize the whole time I was hiking down the mountain that a road and houses were only yards away from me. I have lots of experience in the outdoors so I just believe it is human error or even panic that dooms these people. At one point in the ordeal I even tried to bury the guy that was with me under the muskeg to keep him warm. So no alians or bigfoot, just us being un lucky and unprepared and panicky and hypothermic

Taco Bell

So the killer has moved from Wisconsin huh? Suppose the rivers have froze over.

chefist

Quote from: akwilly on January 26, 2016, 10:01:32 PM
I have been lost in the woods and got hypothermia. I ended up in a river and didn't have many cloths on when I was found. I didn't realize the whole time I was hiking down the mountain that a road and houses were only yards away from me. I have lots of experience in the outdoors so I just believe it is human error or even panic that dooms these people. At one point in the ordeal I even tried to bury the guy that was with me under the muskeg to keep him warm. So no alians or bigfoot, just us being un lucky and unprepared and panicky and hypothermic

Many die from getting drunk, passing out behind a dumpster in sub 60 deg temps...sad but true...